How many pts do you own?

I am beginning to downsize, too, selling points while I can get all my cash back, and buying Marriott for a fraction of the price. We had 926 pts, and have gone down to 775 pts so far, and purchased an additional week at CypressHarbour. I can access II's getaway weeks for less than the cost of the dues, so I am planning to go that route for Marriott from now on, and eventually I want to get down to about 270 DVC points, thereby lessening my risk in case the point value should tank within the next 10 years. That's what you have to do when you retire.:sad1:

Yes, retirement thoughts have definitely made a difference for the long term on how many points we wanted to keep.

We have 470, which I thought was more than enough. We started out with BCV 225 (2002), then added 100, then another 50, then 120 at SSR. (Can you say addicted) With all of those points I figured we would always be banking our points, well no such luck we just go more. As of right now we have borrowed all of our 2008 points.

Denise

Count me in the "point poor" club. We have 160 at SSR and know that we want and need more, but we paid cash and will only pay cash for add-ons.

I have the cash on hand now for a 75-point add-on that we have been planning, BUT....we also want to buy into something with direct II access, so....now I am thinking and waiting and thinking some more...

[QUOTE="Got Disney";17254068]You are wrong...there is another crazy couple out here in Ca.:rotfl2: they have I believe a little over 2000 pts and are planning on doing the same thing as you...spending 6 months out of the year at WDW on there pts...maybe you will hook up some day:)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that San Diego winter weather is a killer!

I have 296 OKW, 50 VWL ..in ROFR is HHI 25 and BCV 25. Then I want some SKL.I want 600 points within the next couple of years.

260 total- 160 SSR that we just closed on 2/12, then 2/14 did an AKV 100 point add on. that will have to do for us for a while!:wizard:

500, (BCV/VWL) sort of.

We own 250 and DSIL owns 250-we travel together a lot.

We have 200 SSR and a 50 pt. add-on at BCV. For the future we are planning 50 pt. at VWL and 50 pt. at BWV. Then we are leaving the door open for future DVC resorts, yet to be known. ;)

Ellen

Wow......some of you have alot of points.....I am jealous!!!

We have 200 total. 150 at VWL and 50 at SSR. My husband mentioned that he would like to add on at AKV, but now we are maybe thinking of buyin a cheap resale timeshare strictly for trading purposes, and use the DVC strictly for DVC vacations. We shall see.....but I agree, the points can be addicting!!!!

We currently have 300 pts at BWV but we want to add another 150. After that add on, come on Contemporary!!

I was wondering how many points everyone owns. I own 1980 pts(1550 SSR, 280 BWV, and 60 VWL)

We own 1,410, 900 SSR and 510 OKW. We live 80 miles from Disney, visit about 6 times a year, family and friends use up the balance.

ONLY IN AMERICA

Do the DVC members who own close to 1000 or more points use them for extended family/friends or rent them out ?
Or are they as selfish as I am and just use them for themselves and immediate family .
I own 450 total. Initially purchased 210 at BCV, then 110 at BWV, then 130 at SSR. Got to stop now.:teacher:
Point's haven't gone to waste as yet still borrowing and banking since I had to cancel the 2006 DVC member cruise and use those points for the repo instead.
I also own an RCI timeshare. But no way will I rent out or give away my DVC points to anyone else.:eek:

Do the DVC members who own close to 1000 or more points use them for extended family/friends or rent them out ?
Or are they as selfish as I am and just use them for themselves and immediate family .
I own 450 total. Initially purchased 210 at BCV, then 110 at BWV, then 130 at SSR. Got to stop now.:teacher:
Point's haven't gone to waste as yet still borrowing and banking since I had to cancel the 2006 DVC member cruise and use those points for the repo instead.
I also own an RCI timeshare. But no way will I rent out or give away my DVC points to anyone else.:eek:

I was told today by the MS person that made my ressie that there are people with huge amts. of points that do rent them out. She said that is one reason it is sometimes hard to get into certain resorts.
She said they will make ressies and then rent them out for certain weeks.

1,000 points seems like alot but you have to remember it depends on the size of the family. We are a family of 5 who like to go 3 times a year for a week. Our youngest is 8 months, so right now a 1 bedroom is fine for us (We own 500 points). However, when she is over 3 years old, we will have to upgrade to a two bedroom. This will require us to have about 900 points a year. That is alot of points if you stay in a studio, but not alot if you use a two bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter