How many times a year do you go to WDW?

global_mom

DIS Veteran
My whole family would love to know the answer to this question. Our friends tease us for driving from North Georgia to WDW 2-3 times per year. Our extended family thinks that we should "cut back" on WDW. We happen to love our trips, and dont plan to stop, but we ask the question for curiosity sake. I think that we are normal... :-)

Soooo....how many times a year do you go to WDW and how far must you travel to get there?????

We visit WDW 2 to 3 times per year, and drive from the San Antonio area, about 1100 miles each way.

Now that I'm a DVC member -- 3 times a year. And I'm in North Carolina.

Just have enough points to go about 1.5 times per year.

EDIT: just realized you said WDW. We do WDW about once every 3-4 years.

My whole family would love to know the answer to this question. Our friends tease us for driving from North Georgia to WDW 2-3 times per year. Our extended family thinks that we should "cut back" on WDW. We happen to love our trips, and dont plan to stop, but we ask the question for curiosity sake. I think that we are normal... :-)

Soooo....how many times a year do you go to WDW and how far must you travel to get there?????

We fly from Wisconsin twice each year. Once in the March-April timeframe and once in early December for the Christmas decorations, MVMCP, etc.
FWIW, our friends and family members think we're crazy, too.

We drive 2-3 times a year from PA (about 1,150 miles one way). Yes, everyone thinks we are crazy too. "Are you going THERE again?"

Cyndi

I would say an average of 2 but we have gone up to 4 times in a year.

This means flying from NY.

Good to hear from a fellow Georgian (We are in Middle Georgia)! We tend to do one 5-6 day trip a year and several 3-4 day trips a year as schedule permits. We also try to do a 2-3 day trip to HHI each fall. We have APs so all we try to do is book far enough in the future to get what we want. I think you need to add add at least one more trip per year. Have you visited HHI yet?

We have not yet tried HH but we do own there as one of our home resorts. We are thinking that we will try to get there during spring break in March. I am so jealous that ya'll get to WDW that many times a year. Pesky things like school and work keep getting in our way of more trips, LOL! We are also trying to get one DCL trip in each year.

Do ya'll fly? It only takes us 7.5 hours (from Athens) so we always drive.

We go to WDW from NJ:
1 week in April with oldest daughter and grandkids, 2 weeks in July for any of our family in a 2BR unit (youngest DD birthday ), 1 week in Oct for DH birthday, and 1 week between Christmas and new year with middle DD and hubby. Whew, 5 weeks plus a few days in January (solo) when youngest DD runs the 1/2 marathon.

We go once a year....We will be back in January 2008 and after that we will try to plan something around my oldest daughter and school (she is starting kindergarten in 2008, where does the time go! :confused3 )...

Do ya'll fly? It only takes us 7.5 hours (from Athens) so we always drive.

Its only a 5-1/2 hr drive for us from Macon. We have even purchased the fastpass transponder to get thru the tollbooths quicker. We also do a DCL trip but only every other year.

We used to go once a year prior to DVC - now we have averaged 3 trips per year since joining.....I expect we will settle into 2 annual visits as our kids work their way through high school....of course any excuse to go to WDW and we will be there!:cheer2:

Now matter how many times, it seems like it is never enough for me!:rolleyes1

I have asked the kids if they want to do something different-"No Way" is what they say, so for now we will take our 2x a year trip to WDW.

This year will be 1x for us...end of July.

But if you look at the past 12 months:

July 2006 2 weeks
Dec 2006 1 1/2 weeks
July 2007 2 weeks

Dec. 2007 trip to Disneyland

And that is traveling all the way from Hawaii :cool1:

We find that the more we go, the more we want to go back....and that annual pass with DVC discount is great!

We visit WDW 2 to 3 times per year, and drive from the San Antonio area, about 1100 miles each way.

We're newbies and have decided on a twice per year schedule. We use SWA to get there as fast as we can. :thumbsup2

Chuck... next trip, stop in Boerne and pick me up. :banana:

Usually twice a year ..... from the UK :) ..... this year three :) :) . But I do go to other places too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter