How many times a year do you go to WDW?

My whole family would love to know the answer to this question. Our friends tease us for driving from North Georgia to WDW 2-3 times per year. Our extended family thinks that we should "cut back" on WDW. We happen to love our trips, and dont plan to stop, but we ask the question for curiosity sake. I think that we are normal... :-)

Soooo....how many times a year do you go to WDW and how far must you travel to get there?????

"Cut back" - I cringe of the thought. We go 2x a year from Niagara Falls, NY. There is PLENTY to see and experience at WDW.

We average about 3 times a year. We have gone as many as five times. We drive from Arkansas which is about 1100 miles one way. It takes 1.5 days for us to drive there, but we can usually get a free hotel room on the way down and back using credit card points. We stay Sun - Fri at DVC to allow us to get 3 trips out of our 150 points. It is cheaper for us to spend a week at WDW than a long weekend at most other places. High gas prices haven’t bothered us much since we bought a hybrid car that gets excellent gas mileage. I even decided to buy a Sunpass which makes going through the toll booths much easier. Our family and friends use to think we were crazy, but they have finally gotten accustomed to us going so much.

Five 5-night stays at DVC resorts plus a couple dozen day trips for concerts and such.

Yeah!! We may be crazy, but we're not alone! :banana: We are in the Atlanta area and we drive down with our 4 boys at least 2 times a year. Our youngest has food allergies and Disney takes all of our worries away, we can go to a restaurant or two and feel normal. We just bought into AKV and are heading down for 5 nights in October, November and we just scheduled spring break in concierge. Couldn't be happier to be included in this crazy group of people.

We are going to WDW 3 times this year, 2007, early January for 5 nights, September for 8 nights and the week before Xmas for 5 nights.

After that, I think we'll go 2 times per year, staying about a week to 8 nights each time.

We've only been members since 2005 and we're ramping up our points purchases, so we are not at the 'steady state' point yet.

Hello Neighbor!

We usually go 4-5 times annually for 7-10 nights each trip.

Often we drive, however, we now tend to fly much more.

We go 2 - 3 times/year. It helps that work has training every December at YC/BC, so by staying the weekends on both ends of the work trip, we get a fairly inexpensive trip that way. Otherwise, one trip with DVC points/year. This year, I have another conference at WDW in Oct, so that's my 3rd trip. I go with a different group though - Dec w/ DH, Oct with MIL, and May w/ SIL/BIL (DS will be coming on all three trips, so he'll have three visits by the age of 14 months!!).

I've gone as low as 1 trip per year and as high as 4 trips per year since joining DVC. Minimum is 1.

This year we were at VWL in May and will be at SSR for Thanksgiving.

For 2008, MLK weekend at BCV
going to VB for Easter
and we're debating a early June trip
then maybe Thanksgiving combined with a DCL cruise.

So we're figuring 2 trips a year.

We're going twice this year! We leave next Sunday for a 5 day 10th anniversary trip! Then, we're going in December for a week. We'll probably only go once next year in late August for DH's 40th.
We just joined DVC so we're starting out slow:)

It really depends...I became a member 12/04...I went 2x in '05 and '06....This year I planned 2x:March (1st ever solo trip) and a big group get together in Dec, however, I also ended up going on May for the POTC event on the 7 Seas Lagoon..
Next year, I am only going once-planning on 8 days in Oct w/BF for F & W Fest...If I get antsy, I may have to pay out of pocket for another solo trip:rotfl:

Three-four vacations a year (3-9 nights) flying with my husband and a few one day visits each year for me in conjunction with business trips.

We joined DVC last August and are taking our 1st trip "home" this month!!! We also have reservations for the end of March/first of April during my spring break. We're going to try to go about twice a year (more often if we didn't live so far away!) :goodvibes

We fly out of Dulles/Wash.DC and go 4-5 trips a year. Each trip from 7-14 days. We average more than 40-50 days a year.

Nothing this year, our DS is only 5 months old so we're waiting for his first trip 'till he is on a one-nap-per-day schedule. After that? We hope to go down twice a year at least!

At least once a year on average as the kids grew up, but now that we are DVC Owners/Members we have been going 3 times a year and Luv'n IT !

(Fly down from Ohio - Haven't had a car in Disney in 3 years now and haven't missed it at all)
Still sooooo much to see and do....and places to eat Yum Yum:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter