How many times a year do you go to WDW?

I do 5 trips a year from CT, 3 solo, once with each of my 2 sons families.
I plan to do it as long as I can.

I still have 2 more to go this year, Sept and Nov

It's funny when we purchased DVC we said " It will be great to take a nice family trip once a year". This past year we will go two times, we missed three times in a year by a month.

We go twice a year -- usually the beginning/middle of September and the end of January. Next year, because of DH's work schedule, we'll be going the end of April instead of January, celebrating our 30th anniversary and (for me) the F & G Festival.

We always go at least twice a year for at least 7 days each. Every time we get a chance we try and make a third trip. We prefer 10 and 11 day trips if we can, and for the most part that is what we do, but nothing less than 7 days. We feel like we've missed something if we were there any less days. I think we're just spoiled.:goodvibes

We try to make it at least twice a year. We typically go just after Thanksgiving for a couple of weeks. Then the other trip will be more towards March so my Dad can see the Braves.

This year we will be going in Oct for two weeks, then in March. It is about 653 miles for us each way, but not a bad drive. We tend to drive it at night while everybody else is sleeping. Less traffic=Less wrecks.

Within a calendar year, we'll go at least 4 times. :thumbsup2
(Since we have APs and the DDE card, we'll "milk" those goodies 'til the last second...............:rolleyes1 :lmao: ).

This is awesome! I am amazed at how many folks make frequent trips from more than 1,000 miles away. I am also really jealous of how many can get away for 2 weeks at a time. DH and I are both self-employed so it gets hard to take too much time away. And our kids are all under 11 so we dont like for them to miss too much school.

Here is our line up for the next 12 months:

1 week in Oct. for AKV
1 week in Jan. for New Year
4 days in Feb. just me and DH
1 week in March for DCL
1 week in Oct. 2008 (hopefully for week of Halloween)
(and HH for Thanksgiving, never been there)

It just does not seem like enough!! AND...we need to squeeze a trip to DL in there somewhere.... :-)

We fly down to WDW/DVC about 3 times a year from Minnesota. We usually have a couple of 10+ day trips and anothe 5-6 day.

We generally go twice a year from Wisconsin. We would love to go more often and would if nwa had the swa "ding" fares.

We like to go in May around Mother's Day and after Thanksgiving...but DS starts kindergarten this coming year so I don't know what will change. We like 2 week trips so we may need to pull back to shorter ones or different times of the year.

We went 6 times last year. We are going 4 times this and the kids are going 2 more times (on our points) by themselves.

So the last 2 years we have averaged 6 times.

We are always on the prowl for "Ding" fares!

We only go about once a year. :sad2: That's all we can afford right now. We may not go at all this year if airfare doesn't drop. Got a DING this morning for $119 each way. Big whoop! Delta and SW both are averaging $300 pp rt. So if something doesn't change, we'll be cancelling our trip this year!:eek:

We are newbies, however, we have plans to go between 2 or 3x per years based on school schedules. Right now we just returned (a couple of weeks ago), are going T-giving, then booked spring break. So far, so good!!

From PA here....
We go 2-4 times a year. This past year it was 4 trips. We had :
12 nights in Aug '06
5 nights in Oct '06
3 nights in Dec '06
5 nights in Feb '07

My next trips are listed in my siggy.......

We are more sporatic in our trips to WDW. Sometimes it's 2 times a year, sometimes 1 times a year. This year though, we are not going at all. We used our DVC points to stay in NYC for 6 days. We're planning a large family trip in October 2008, so we need all our 2008 points for that. If we start feeling withdrawal, though DH and I might get away for a week after the first of the year. We each have a free round-trip ticket anywhere AirTran flies, so we'll see where it takes us.

We fly from Wichita, Kansas. When we retire (we are mid-50s), we will probably drive.

What is a "Ding" fare?

On the Southwest Airlines website, you can sign up for "ding fare" notifications. The are special fares, usually having to be booked within hours of the notification, that are downright cheap to very reasonable. Unfortunately, I've yet to find one for dates I need from SAT to MCO. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter