• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many times a year do you go to WDW?

We just joined DVC this April and already have 2 trips planned, with a possible 3rd to HH. We live in the northern part of South Carolina, near the NC border so we have about a 9 1/2 hour drive.

However, it's no where near the 1000+ miles a lot of other posters are doing 2-3 times/year, now that's devotion! :)

We live in the northern part of South Carolina, near the NC border so we have about a 9 1/2 hour drive.

Hello Neighbor. We only flown so far (Charlotte), but our first trip driving is in 3 mos. Is it really 9 1/2 hours? Mapquest says 8 1/2 hours.

Since DVC at least 3 times a year here.

My whole family would love to know the answer to this question. Our friends tease us for driving from North Georgia to WDW 2-3 times per year. Our extended family thinks that we should "cut back" on WDW. We happen to love our trips, and dont plan to stop, but we ask the question for curiosity sake. I think that we are normal... :-)

Soooo....how many times a year do you go to WDW and how far must you travel to get there?????

We go at least 2 times but usually 3 times a year, Now we only travel 985 miles from Baltimore but for about 7 years we drove from Oklahoma City (about 1200 miles). We also lived in Dallas for a couple of years and drove from there to WDW. :woohoo:

We are lucky enough to go to WDW at least twice in each year - we've done three times before now though - bit of a distance, we're in the UK!

Two trips per year. February to escape the cold and snow, October for F&W!!

we have an AP this year and we are definately getting our money's worth!! here are our trips so far:

Jan. 12-21
May 24-30
Aug 31-Sept. 5
Sept. 27-Oct. 2
Dec. 14-22
Jan. 1-6

I am loving every minute of it too!! Yeah, people think we're crazy but me and my family are having a magical time in dw being crazy!!:banana: normally we go once a year, every Jan. After our Jan. 08 trip, it will probably be twice a year. I'm enjoying seeing the difference in weather and crowds each trip. We've never been during halloween or christmas so we are excited about those trips!
mousiemom

Living in O-town and being DVC members affords us the luxury of visiting 5-6 times for 3/4 day weekends. We go another 15 to 20 times throughout the year for special events or just to have dinner at one of the parks.

We go 4 to 6 times a year -this year will be 6. Our rate of frequency has increased mainly due to the great Southwest deals we can get out of Philadelphia. At $49 per segment ya can't beat it! Twice a year it is the whole family, once a year my DS and I go to the first weekend for Star Wars, every September for the Pin Event, DH, myself and another DVC couple every Feb. This year I'm going in two weeks with a couple of girlfriends while the boys are all off at Boy Scout camp.

DVC and Southwest Rock!!!!!! (and no, I don't work for Southwest:laughing: ).

Terry

We usually do a summer trip and a Thanksgiving trip every year, flying in from Massachusetts. I usually don't tell my extended family about our Thanksgiving trip until a few weeks before. I just don't want to see the disapproving looks until I have to..."You're leaving us at Thanksgiving again?"
UGH!!!!!!

We usually do a summer trip and a Thanksgiving trip every year, flying in from Massachusetts. I usually don't tell my extended family about our Thanksgiving trip until a few weeks before. I just don't want to see the disapproving looks until I have to..."You're leaving us at Thanksgiving again?"
UGH!!!!!!
:rotfl2:

And don't forget Christmas, Easter, Mother's and/or Father's Day. I feel your pain!!!!!

Terry

OK so it seems like a lot, but not very much to me! :lmao:

October 06 4 nights for F&W and MNSSHP
January 07 7 nights for DD23 college graduation
February 07 DCL Eastern Magic (do need to note no WDW parks on this trip)
April 07 HHI with DS18 and 2 friends 5 nights (too many fireworks)
July 07 DH and I -- 5 nights (my AP doesn't have enough dates used up on it trip)
September 07 4 nights (let's get in one more trip before the AP expires)

We drove to HHI, other trips were on SWA.

Some stays include off-property nights. We like Cypress Pointe for their 1 br in the Grand Villas on Fridays and Saturdays.

My whole family would love to know the answer to this question. Our friends tease us for driving from North Georgia to WDW 2-3 times per year. Our extended family thinks that we should "cut back" on WDW. We happen to love our trips, and dont plan to stop, but we ask the question for curiosity sake. I think that we are normal... :-)

Soooo....how many times a year do you go to WDW and how far must you travel to get there?????

We just moved to the Atlanta area. Prior to that we lived in IA and came down once or twice on a good year. Now we anticipate making one week+ vacation a year plus at least a couple 4 dayers.
This year we are going in Sep (week), Nov (4 days), April (5 days) and July (week) since we are getting AP's and didn't use last years points. :cloud9:

Welcome to Georgia!

We seem to also be squishing in as many trips as possible this year. Our kids are DS11, DD9, DD6 and we are scared to death that they will stop wanting (horrors!) to go to WDW so much once they get older. Looks like we will be on the schedule of 2 WDW per year, one cruise per year (already booked the 5 night cruise in Spet. of 08), and then HHI or VB. We are also dying to do an ABD trip but will most likely leave DD6 at home as she is not quite ready for Europe. We went to the Biltmore House in North Carolina this past weekend and she was bored to death. She kept asking why we could not have gone to WDW instead!!

I sure do love knowing that our family is "normal", at least in terms of how many times we do Disney trips!!

Thanks for all of the great replys!!!

Can we make this a poll?

I love this thread and feel so much more normal now!

We typically stay on points about 4 times per year...mostly Sunday through Wednesday. Once a year we will stay Sunday through Friday.

We also make about 7-10 day trips to the parks for special events.

TK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter