How many times will you rain on my parade?-a wet (and sometimes funny) first ever TR

Hee hee hee! NO SPOONS! Been there, done that! I've eaten cheesecake with a knife before. Hee hee hee.

I keep forgetting about the phones! I need to go in to Le Chapeau the next time I go and totally listen to the phone!

Monsters Inc is so fun! I get a big kick out of it. Stitch too. I try to see Stitch at least once a trip, MI a little less.

Oh your ice cream looks so good!

I miss Push. I wish they'd bring him back.

I love COP it's so classic!

I love your fun Photopass pics!

Really enjoying your trip reports and loving your pics. Your mom's expressions in some of them are great, lol

:rotfl2: hahahaha Love this! Everyone needs that candy.

Forgot to mention - cute pictures of you guys before 1900 Park Faire.

Love the picture on Splash. Everyone is having such a great time! :cool1:

I LOVED this candy box and I wanted to buy it just for the box, really, but I took a picture instead.

The picture of us on Splash is probably one of my favorites due to the look on my brother's face.

Thanks for following!

Hee hee hee! NO SPOONS! Been there, done that! I've eaten cheesecake with a knife before. Hee hee hee.

I keep forgetting about the phones! I need to go in to Le Chapeau the next time I go and totally listen to the phone!

Monsters Inc is so fun! I get a big kick out of it. Stitch too. I try to see Stitch at least once a trip, MI a little less.

Oh your ice cream looks so good!

I miss Push. I wish they'd bring him back.

I love COP it's so classic!

I love your fun Photopass pics!

The morning was so funny when we had no spoons. Mom was dead set and determined to eat her yogurt, no matter what. I suggested her tongue but she went with a knife instead.

I would have eaten cheesecake with my fingers if it came down to it! LOL

Check out the phones next time!

I know everyone seems to hate Stitch, but I get the biggest kick out of it. Monsters Inc is pretty cool too but Stitch is a winner in my book!

I thought the ice cream combo really worked well. Chocolate with caramel, you should check it out next time you can!

Push was soo cool, I don't know why they stopped him. I saw a lot of kids so interested in him; a couple kicked him and I was looking around to see if I could find his 'friend' but it wasn't obvious who it was.

Really enjoying your trip reports and loving your pics. Your mom's expressions in some of them are great, lol

Awww thanks so much!

We all tend to be quite expressive sometimes. It was so much fun going with Mom and David and them being so into it; quite a difference from my first trip!

I have decided (the stubborn part of me) that even though this trip is almost 3 years ago, I want to finish up this trip report. This may mean that there won't be very many pictures (the reason that I haven't posted is due to lack of pictures) but I'm too damn stubborn not to finish this.

So here we go.....

Day 8: Part 2: A meal to remember
When I left off we were checking in for our lunch at the Magic Kingdom but I didn't tell you where we were eating.
Let's try this
15003907220_d616fe3af6_c.jpg

You probably guessed it, Crystal Palace!
We seemed to wait a while for our buzzer to buzz. It was probably about 10 minutes but the heat was getting to me. We took some pictures and people-watched to pass the time

Finally our buzzer started buzzing and we were taken inside and seated to the right, not far from the buffet station.

Our first visitor was Winnie the Pooh, then we had a loooooong wait for our bouncy friend, Tigger. Piglet was around shortly after and then finally Eeyore came around, my favorite!

After we finished with the characters and were polishing off the remainder of our food, we discussed what we were going to do for the rest of the day. The only thing we had planned was Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue with Wendy and Johnny later in the evening, but at this point it was still mid-afternoon.
I kind of wanted to stay at MK but then again I had to go to either HS or DD and return a shirt I bought at Planet Hollywood (too bad the gift shop couldn't take it back for me) and mom kind of wanted to relax for a bit back at Pop Century. So I said we could go back to the resort if that's what she wanted and I could return the shirt the next day.

Of course since mom and I were opposites on this, David was the tie breaker.
“So what do you want to do?”

He sided with mom saying he would go back to the resort, relax, maybe have a swim.

Ok, so back to the resort it was. I was not too thrilled. Tomorrow is our last day before we leave and I want to get in more park time, but majority wins.

So out of the blue, mom suggests that her and David go back to the resort and let me do my own thing then meet up at a set time and head out together for Hoop Dee Doo. Or, if David wanted to stay at MK or go to a different park and do HIS own thing, we can all go our separate ways.

I was shocked, especially considering David's disappearing act on the first night of our trip.

We discussed it a bit, the logistics of it, where and when to meet. It was decided that I would be better off meeting them back at the resort at a certain time. I can't remember what time it was we were meeting, all I know is I think I had a couple hours all to myself!
So where did I go? What did I do? That will have to wait for another update!

Coming up next:
Day 8: Part 3: Finally alone at Walt Disney World

Day 8: Part 3: Finally alone at Walt Disney World

When I left off last time we had decided to split up and it was actually mom's idea!

We said our goodbye's and I told them I'd see them back at Pop Century at whatever time we had decided. So what exactly did I do? I thought I'd do at least one ride by myself so headed over to Splash Mountain and grabbed myself a FastPass;
15003800119_36f6e0aecb_z.jpg

Take note that it was 4:13 on my FastPass and return time from 5-6.

from there I decided to take a ride on the train, so I headed up to the Frontierland station as a train had just pulled in. The train, I noticed, was the Walter E. Disney!!! I was very giddy knowing this.

I got off in Fantasyland and just walked really slowly around for a bit looking at everything, enjoying the fact that I didn't have to talk to anyone and just be in my own little bubble. I must have dozed off while I walked because when I looked at the time it was 5:40! I only had 20 minutes left in my FastPass window! OH NO!!

What did I do? Well, I ran, that's what I did. I ran from Fantasyland to Frontierland, through the smoking area where I nearly choked on the disgusting smoke and saw a huge crowd in front of Splash Mountain.
As you can probably tell from my pictures I'm not a small gal... I was completely out of breath and panting after running across the park. There was a CM at the Fastpass Entrance and she informed me that the ride was down due to a technical difficulty and they would be honoring all the FastPasses later.

I asked how long until the ride would be down and she said she wasn't sure it could be all day.

OK then why tell me to come back later?
VERY disappointed I slowly walked to the front of the park. It felt like the hottest day so far but it probably wasn't. I probably only felt like that because of running through the park.

I ended up walking through the Emporium so I could take advantage of the A/C, and when I exited at the other side there was a CM there with a clipboard who asked me to do a survey so I did!
I knew I still had that Planet Hollywood shirt with me that needed to be returned, I knew I had to go to DD or HS. Thought about it a minute and decided to take the monorail to the TTC and then take a bus to Hollywood Studios. Might as well go to a park, right?

The Avengers Monorail pulled up and I hopped on. When we got to the TTC I found my way to the bus stop for Hollywood Studios. It was probably a 10 or 15 minute wait but I took that time to chronicle my day in my phone. When I got on the bus I noticed the man sitting on the bus across from me had the largest ring on his finger then I've ever seen in person. It had to be like a football ring or something. It was massive.

When I got to HS I returned the shirt to start off and then wandered in a few shops. I found a Tinkerbell musical jewelery box in one of the stores that I picked up for my niece and then I decided that it was time to head back to Pop Century to relax a bit before we all went to Hoop Dee Doo!

Up next: Day 8: Part 4: Ummmm maybe they forgot about it?

Day 8: Part 4: Ummmm maybe they forgot about it?

After I spent a bit of time alone in the world and had some time to chill out back at the resort we all got ready and headed to Art of Animation where Wendy and Johnny were staying in the newly opened Little Mermaid section!

We decided to take our time and enjoy the sights on the way over. We took the long way from our room and walked around our resort and took lots of pictures along the way.

15004008007_0a91218212_c.jpg

15004009067_5daa1b591f_c.jpg

See my mother in this picture. She was attempting to take a picture.. however look at the placement of the camera and what she is holding in her hand... we had a great chuckle at this one!

We even found the room of a Dis-er!
15003904770_98e1637cd7_c.jpg

15190577965_7fdd59229a_c.jpg

And we found AoA

15003900450_e5b60eff4e_c.jpg

15167551726_82b18124e7_c.jpg

We went over Generation Gap Bridge and were amazed at the new resort. We sat on a bench and I tried to message Wendy, who wasn’t answering her phone, but we took our time and looked around the resort.

15003999748_74090484f6_c.jpg

15003898950_da80313135_z.jpg

15190195682_e1532a11f5_z.jpg

15003997648_97a83e9931_z.jpg

15003889207_bf15584a29_z.jpg

We still hadn’t heard from them so we went into Animation Hall and looked around a bit

15003789089_37a36d9b55_z.jpg

15190190992_7837b2d8ce_z.jpg

15003892490_7ce2ee5068_z.jpg

But soon after we heard from them and they met us in the gift shop. Shortly after that we went to the bus stop and waited for the MK bus.
From there we went to the boat dock and got the ferry to Fort Wilderness.
15190565325_387acab204_z.jpg

When we left the boat dock and headed towards the Contemporary we started hearing Thunder off in the distance. I don’t know what it was about this trip but we were stuck with rain everywhere we went. Not that we would let that stop us from having fun.. nope not a chance!

As we crossed over the roadway leading to the Magic Kingdom I looked around frantically and I realized we were on an overpass and busses and cars were going underneath us! I had wondered what was above us when we were on the bus to MK and it never crossed my mind that it was a waterway! WOW!

We checked in for the Hoop Dee Doo and Mom, David and I started with Photopass pictures. We asked the photographer if we could do a group shot with the 5 of us after we get our separate shots and that was perfectly fine. If you look closely to the ground in the pictures you can tell it’s starting to rain and getting progressively worse. As soon as we had our big group shot it started pouring!

We hid out on the porch with all the other guests until we were seated.

We had excellent seats! Wendy and Johnny were off to the side a bit but they still weren’t too far off.

The food was delish and I loved how it was served up family style. The only thing I didn’t touch were the beans. Salad was yummy, cornbread was warm and tasty, the chicken/ribs/corn/potatoes were great! I really enjoyed the show, it was toe-tapping, dancing in your seat goodness.
During the show, when they announced Birthdays and Anniversaries, Wendy and Johnny danced. I have a picture but it's a bit blurry and we were close but not too close.

We really got in on it when we had a washboard and spoons at the end! I was hoping that David would get picked to participate but he didn’t.
I have to say the best part of the meal was the Strawberry Shortcake. I could have eaten the whole thing myself. I would have needed a crane to move me but boy was it ever yummy!!!
When the show was over and the characters were out amongst the audience, Claire de lune told David and I we were very enthusiastic audience members and said she hoped we enjoyed the show. It was nice to get to speak with her and we told her we loved it!

After the show we waited outside for the busses. Our bus was for Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, Beach and Yacht Club resorts; so we did get to enjoy the bus ride (most of it) with Wendy and Johnny. I was an awesome end to the day, and a very good (almost) end of the trip.
That night was so much fun and it was great getting to experience something else with Wendy and Johnny even though we didn’t sit together.

Coming up next:

Day 9: Part 1: Last day of our Magical Vacation

Day 9: Part 1: Last day of our Magical Vacation

So this morning I woke up with the worst headache I've had since my last migrane. I think it was a combination of the cold that I’ve had since we got to Orlando and the fact that it was our last day.

We left for breakfast around 9 a.m. We didn’t have too many set plans but we had breakfast reservations at Boma. To get there we got in the line for the bus to Animal Kingdom and as soon as we got off the bus we ran to the bus for Animal Kingdom lodge which just happened to be at the bus stop (Thank you to the bus Gods!)

We looked around at Jambo house and looked around the lobby. Mom and David loved it there. I had been there on my first trip so I knew they would love it. We headed down to Boma and I don’t think we waited too long for our table. Our server was sweet and I did try the Jambo juice this time. It was ok, not something I would have on a regular basis but I sipped on it a little. We were seated towards the back right by a huge window. It was such a nice spot and a great start to our last day.

After breakfast we shopped around a little more and headed to the bus stop. We decided that we were going to go to Epcot again and arrived there around 10:45. Let’s just say the Bus Gods were with us again!
We started off doing the shops on the left hand side of the park. In one of the shops we were talking about how it was my mom and dad’s wedding anniversary that day (and dad didn’t come with us). A cast member overheard us and gave mom and Anniversary button along with one to take home to dad.
I was eyeing up the purses and wallets and chose one of each that really stood out to me. Mom told me I should treat myself and I pointed out that my birthday was only three weeks away. She told me those could be my birthday gift but I was not getting them one day early. I agreed so we bought them and were on our way.

According to my trip notes we did the Seas with Nemo and Friends and Captain EO again?

After that we headed out of the park!

We decided to spend the rest of the day at Downtown Disney and we knew we had to transfer. We just missed a bus that left for Saratoga Springs, but since we were at that bus stop we figured we would wait until the next bus pulled up, at any bus stop that was close. We waited almost 30 minutes for the bus while surrounded by those icky ‘love bugs’ (the Bus Gods apparently didn’t like us anymore!)

The bus was nearly empty, and we told the driver we were ultimately heading to Downtown Disney, he told us to stay on the bus until his last stop and he would direct us from there. Boy, SS was absolutely beautiful! Too bad I’m too cheap to pay the price to stay there!
Once we were at the last stop he told us that the bus to Downtown Disney shouldn’t be too far behind, as well as sort of directing us to the walkway to Downtown Disney. Since we were feeling the heat we decided to sit and wait for the bus.

By this time it was 2 p.m but the bus was along quickly and before we knew it we were at Downtown Disney.

We decided to take some pictures along the way... which I don't have uploaded, sorry!
We went into the Christmas store where I was desperately looking for a Minnie Santa hat. I asked one of the cast members there and she told me that they should be out anytime now, but I told her we were heading back to Canada in the morning. I think she felt bad but I knew it wasn’t anyone’s fault (afterall it is September 21st) and we wandered around and took our time.
Next up was One Upon a Toy where I decided to get the giant hollow Potato Head and stuff him with parts. David got frustrated and bored and so he and mother went outside to wait for me. I picked that up as well as my scrapbooking kit, and then called my shopping quits. These two items are gonna be my WDW shopping tradition. Mr. Potato Head sits on my dresser (the big $50 one... filled) and I have 3 Potatoes made up sitting in other areas of my room. Scrapbooking is a hobby of mine, and I like to get the scrapbook with the year on it. Even though there are some very nice scrapbooks other than the year ones... I just like the year, that's all.

After that, we picked up Earl of Sandwich to go and went to the bus stop.

Did the bus Gods come back? Did they leave us there?
You'll find out next time in.....

Day 9: Part 2: Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Rain Storm!

Oh my gosh I love the picture of your mom taking a picture! My mom would do something like that! (We had all kinds of butt/leg pictures growing up... and then Mom and Dad went on a trip to Cape Breton once and Mom was all excited to tell us that she took some good pictures of the animals she saw and the mountains... they were of her neck! She had the camera backwards!)

Those pictures of AoA across the lake are stunning! I love them!!! And the one of Wendy and Johnny is a nice shot too.

I love telling people that the underpass is under water. It's fun to try to spot it on the monorail.

What category did you have for Hoop Dee Doo? I'm going for the very first time this summer!

Sucks about the headache. :(

Oh my gosh I love the picture of your mom taking a picture! My mom would do something like that! (We had all kinds of butt/leg pictures growing up... and then Mom and Dad went on a trip to Cape Breton once and Mom was all excited to tell us that she took some good pictures of the animals she saw and the mountains... they were of her neck! She had the camera backwards!)

Those pictures of AoA across the lake are stunning! I love them!!! And the one of Wendy and Johnny is a nice shot too.

I love telling people that the underpass is under water. It's fun to try to spot it on the monorail.

What category did you have for Hoop Dee Doo? I'm going for the very first time this summer!

Sucks about the headache. :(

That picture of my mom... I love it too. It's her. That's all I can say. One day she was gonna take something out of the oven and she asked me to pass her the "onion mitts" instead of oven mitts; she's said jabama pants instead of pyjama pants... it's her. I love it.

I can't believe your parents were in Cape Breton and she had the camera backwards! My boyfriend and I will be taking his niece and daughter around the Cabot Trail this summer. If I think I'll post some pictures :)

The view of AoA from across the lake is stunning. I couldn't believe when I went back through my pictures that I actually captured that.

We had category 1 for Hoop Dee Doo; Wendy had Category 2; we were both on the floor. Our table (myself mom and David) were 2nd table back in the center; Wendy and Johnny were at the very edge maybe 2nd or 3rd table from the front. I highly recommend HDD. I would even go so far as to say that it's worth the 2 TS swipes for category 1. All you can eat, served family style.... yes please. Not only that but it was DELICIOUS!!!

I wonder if the text at the bottom is along the lines of the $10,000 reward for the safe return of Pee Wee's bike in "Pee Wee's Big Adventure".

"How are you ever going to afford a reward like that, Pee Wee?"

"It's simple, Dottie. The person who returns the bike is obviously the one stole it, so they don't deserve any reward!"

That picture of my mom... I love it too. It's her. That's all I can say. One day she was gonna take something out of the oven and she asked me to pass her the "onion mitts" instead of oven mitts; she's said jabama pants instead of pyjama pants... it's her. I love it.

I can't believe your parents were in Cape Breton and she had the camera backwards! My boyfriend and I will be taking his niece and daughter around the Cabot Trail this summer. If I think I'll post some pictures :)

The view of AoA from across the lake is stunning. I couldn't believe when I went back through my pictures that I actually captured that.

We had category 1 for Hoop Dee Doo; Wendy had Category 2; we were both on the floor. Our table (myself mom and David) were 2nd table back in the center; Wendy and Johnny were at the very edge maybe 2nd or 3rd table from the front. I highly recommend HDD. I would even go so far as to say that it's worth the 2 TS swipes for category 1. All you can eat, served family style.... yes please. Not only that but it was DELICIOUS!!!

Hee hee. I think I'd get a kick out of your mom! I will stay one night at AoA this summer and the rest at Pop... I'll be taking a few pictures from across the lake. I love that lake! We booked cat 1, so I am glad you think it's worth it. I so can't wait for the food!!!

2012? Seriously?

And I thought I was bad :)

Yeah, I'm very bad in this situation. I had it all typed out but that was at work and my pictures were home and then I didn't want to post too many too quickly and get ahead of anyone.

I wonder if the text at the bottom is along the lines of the $10,000 reward for the safe return of Pee Wee's bike in "Pee Wee's Big Adventure".

"How are you ever going to afford a reward like that, Pee Wee?"

"It's simple, Dottie. The person who returns the bike is obviously the one stole it, so they don't deserve any reward!"

I was amused at that on the buzzer... but I admit, I've never seen Pee Wee's Big Adventure :sad2:

Hee hee. I think I'd get a kick out of your mom! I will stay one night at AoA this summer and the rest at Pop... I'll be taking a few pictures from across the lake. I love that lake! We booked cat 1, so I am glad you think it's worth it. I so can't wait for the food!!!

Everyone gets a kick out of my mom. It's awesome. However, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree in the simple fact that I've been known to do things just like her. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter