How many times will you rain on my parade?-a wet (and sometimes funny) first ever TR

Welcome to another edition of How many times will you rain on my parade?

I'll start it off with a weather report... It's raining, again.

In real life, here on good ole' Cape Breton Island it's been pouring rain and thundershowers all morning. Actually we've had spurts of it for the last week or more; so it's fitting that we move onto:

Day 6: Part 1: What is this, a water ride?

By this point in the trip my cold was starting to take over, we slept till about 8:30 a.m. and took our time getting ready. We had a QS breakfast at Classic Hall which was actually really yummy, I know it's nothing gourmet but we were hungry!

After that, mom went to the front desk to inquire about tickets to MNSSHP, and the CM at the desk handed mom and I a carnation each. I thought it was a really nice touch.

I volunteered I took mom’s carnation and mine back to the room with me while I put the tickets for the party in the room safe, decided to use mine as a hair accessory and headed back to Classic Hall to meet them and head to Hollywood Studios.

14735197621_faa1fb9d50_c.jpg

First things first…

14956929271_ca3daa66d6_z.jpg

Fast Passes for Toy Story? Check.

We had a seat near the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area to make a game plan and decided to just walk around and explore the streets of America

14960035925_e8c07fe164_z.jpg

Then we headed to.....

14551709408_febf1be2aa_z.jpg

8791270240_b5cdc28673_z.jpg

I know this picture isn't very clear but I love reading all the props here!

After Muppet*Vision 3D, we decided to do Star Tours and practically walked on. We really enjoyed it. I was worried about the motions hurting mom but she loved it too. I actually felt a bit woozy getting off the ride. I know I get motion sick but I didn't expect Star Tours to do it.

14738369175_e555261053_z.jpg

David and I wanted to do the “Build your own Droid” so we got in line. When it was our turn we picked out some pieces we wanted. I knew I wanted to get a double package and I think David only made one. I was looking for a head part for the purple one and the CM that was overseeing the station pulled out a clear one from a drawer and asked me if that would do. I loved it!

14773425258_1087131bf3_c.jpg

When we got out of Star Tours, it was pouring out. We looked around a bit in the shop, we wanted everything, of course. By the time we were ready to leave, it was raining again. There was a CM at the door telling people they couldn't block the exit to the shop so we threw on our ponchos and ran.

We ended up in the outdoor seating to Backlot Express with a lot of other wet people.

14551732189_b8fa52ac9b.jpg

14738368725_155afe99e2.jpg

14715357616_1d1dc87eb4.jpg

We actually had thunder and lightening this day. We sat for probably 20 minutes or so and decided to go have a snack. On the way to find somewhere to get a snack, we noticed the standby line for Star Tours was only 10 minutes so we did it again! Then it was certainly time for a snack!

We went to the shop next to Sci-Fi Drive In and looked around for quite a bit. We had snacks of a muffin and a cinnamon bun, and shared. It was nice taking a few minutes to relax here and there and I think that really helped us with our long days.

14773358510_9a6c8125aa_z.jpg

14959679612_51fc91f32c_z.jpg

After our bellies were full and we were satisfied with looking around the store I checked the time and the times guide. Darn! It's almost time for Beauty and the Beast. We had to power walk, and it was a little wet on the walk there...

14937037886_8d028cbf69_z.jpg

but we made it just as it was about to start

14551910757_2411846cf1_z.jpg

After that we knew we had a dinner reservation and we had to watch the time, but there was enough time to shop around for a bit. Heading towards the front of the park we headed to the shops on our left hand side. I wanted everything, of course. I ended up trading pins with a Cast Member in the store, and learned about the Pin Boards from the CM.

David and I picked out a gift for Mom for Christmas and were trying to figure out how to hide it from her, then, a familiar voice was heard. This voice would help us distract mother while we bought her Christmas gift.

Who was it? What dinner reservation did we have? Well, you'll just have to find out next time!

Just one more picture though. I found this at a store in HS and loved it!

14937037466_c3c0d76064_z.jpg

Day 6: Part 2: Guess Who?

So much fun and rain!!:lmao:

In just 3 weeks I will be going on TSMM for the first time :scared1:I am so excited!!

I love the Beauty and the Beast show.

Can't wait to see where you had dinner..:thumbsup2

A guessing game? Ooooh I love games!! Pick me!

So much rain that day.

So much rain today! Todd and I commented on how Floridian it was. I told Greg to run across the parking lot pretending he's going to a ride and that's it -- you've got the Disney experience! :rotfl:

Star Tours is the only ride in WDW that makes me sick.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

So much fun and rain!!:lmao:

In just 3 weeks I will be going on TSMM for the first time :scared1:I am so excited!!

I love the Beauty and the Beast show.

Can't wait to see where you had dinner..:thumbsup2

OMG! :scared1: you haven't been on TSMM?!?
Wow you need to get on that! You are going to love it I'm sure!

I really enjoy Beauty and the Beast, Belle is my favorite Disney Princess :)

Dinner was great, you'll just have to wait and see!:surfweb:

A guessing game? Ooooh I love games!! Pick me!

So much rain that day.

So much rain today! Todd and I commented on how Floridian it was. I told Greg to run across the parking lot pretending he's going to a ride and that's it -- you've got the Disney experience! :rotfl:

Star Tours is the only ride in WDW that makes me sick.

So much rain that entire vacation (for us anyway!)

:lmao: I had a vision of Greg running across the parking lot like we ran from Mission: Space to the Electric Umbrella. :lmao:

I don't remember Star Tours making me sick when I was there in 2009. Though I don't care to remember much of it.:sad2:

Day 6: Part 2: Guess who?

I left off last time we were in a shop at Hollywood Studios, trying to keep mother's prying eyes away from the Christmas gift we picked out for her when we heard a familiar voice.

Some of you may have guessed it.... It was Wendy and Johnny!

We chatted a bit and got Wendy to help distract mother while we paid for her gift and had it shipped back to the resort (have I ever told you how much I LOVE not having to carry things around?)

and for those of you who follow Wendy on here you probably read her account of this day back on her TR, which I've linked to later in this post.

We went outside where a PhotoPass Photographer just happened to be there, so we got some group pictures.

14736009944_e190c8d94d_c.jpg

When we thought we were done he asked if we wanted to do a special picture, of course we said yes! He wanted a volunteer.

ME! I want to!

So he picked me. YAY!

He told me to stand in a certain spot and told me that I was holding everyone's park tickets and...

OK! Now everyone else grab onto her like she's going to take off with them....

SNAP

14551703520_dc8f95ca1c_c.jpg

We get into these things, you see.

It was then around the time where we headed to our dinner reservation. Where was it, you ask?

50s-prime-time-cafe-pic.jpg

*Note that this isn't my picture... I googled it*

50's Prime Time Cafe!

DETOUR

Ok, so small detour to a back story... I ate here on my first trip in 2009. I'll never forget sitting there eating my delicious meal when off to the side there was a table of older people. Like white hair older. The server was chastising one of the men for not eating his chicken. So, she took his fork, stuck it into a piece of fried chicken and asked everyone in the room to make the sound of an airplane, told him to open the hanger and made him have one bite of chicken before she took the plate away. I found it completely hilarious and I had heard so many fun stories of this place.

During our planning phase of this trip when we decided to do at least one meal together with all five of us, it didn't take us long to pick this place. We also agreed to make it fun. We all agreed without saying these exact words that the experience is what you make it. If you don't want to play along, they will back off a little, but we wanted to play it up. Elbows on the table and all. We figured if we played along and got into it, it would make the CMs play it up as well and make it more fun all around.

END OF DETOUR

We checked in and had a seat in the living room. I think a couple of us took a bathroom break and before too long we were seated.

Our server was great, which was awesome. His name tag said Fred but I believe he introduced himself as Joey?

After we ordered our food he gave us homework. He told us to come up with 21 one-word-title Disney or Disney/Pixar movies. Our worksheet was a napkin.

He had to come by and correct it after a while and we had a couple things scratched off but eventually we finished it (which I think he was a little surprised aobut). He signed the napkin for me and it's now in my scrapbook!

14937110106_14128c4d85_c.jpg

He called mom “Shug”, David was “Sneaky Snake” and I can't remember if he named the rest of us. He also threatened to send David and I home with the table that was sitting next to us... who didn't seem to be as into the atmosphere as we were.

14551730819_d5bded152b_z.jpg

14551909847_deef8a6d85_z.jpg

I neglected to eat the greens that were on my plate. They looked gross. It was then that our server made me have some. You can find those pictures (and the pic of me wiping the table across from us) in this post.

I did, however eat all my fried chicken. It was yummy. Also, I had the best chocolate milkshake EVER here.

I was allowed to have dessert, to the tune of this bad boy:

14551714758_224a7cd8da_z.jpg

...and David was told to stack all the dishes. He didn't do such a great job.

14715354716_df89b4ec49_z.jpg

When it was time for the bills he threw pens at us, and straws for some reason. I threw a crumpled up napkin at him and he got really upset! It was so hilarious. (By the way we still have like half a dozen of the pens in the house and I still use them from time to time!)

Before we left, after such a fun experience we asked to have a group photo taken, so we went to the kitchen.

8233482411_5dc9d19220_c.jpg

Wendy I stole yours by the way since I can't find my digital copy.

Outside we discussed what to do next. The three of us had Fast Passes for TSMM a little later on but we had time to spare. Wendy had what she thought was a brilliant idea! Rock n Rollercoaster!

Did we do it? Did we chicken out? You'll have to find out next time (if you haven't read it on Wendy's already...)

Day 6: Part 3: What are you, a chicken?

Awwww I loved this day! We all had so much fun at that meal. I'm pretty sure that photopass photographer who took those group shots was a girl, I remember her saying "Oh my! I wasn't ready for this level of commitment!"

(I just went and checked that update and sure enough I'm right. And I wrote mine after a lot less time had passed so I trust me. :rotfl: )

MUAHAHAHAHA I love the next part.

I love all the pictures! Looks like such fun. :goodvibes

50's Prime Time is great! I have to say the last time I was there I was on my best behavior as I did not want to get yelled at! :scared: This year I might try to act up a little and see what happens.

So much fun! Your server was pretty awesome! I think I need to have more fun servers. I love the place but I never seem to get the best one. I still love it! And the fried chicken!!

Awwww I loved this day! We all had so much fun at that meal. I'm pretty sure that photopass photographer who took those group shots was a girl, I remember her saying "Oh my! I wasn't ready for this level of commitment!"

(I just went and checked that update and sure enough I'm right. And I wrote mine after a lot less time had passed so I trust me. :rotfl: )

MUAHAHAHAHA I love the next part.

Oh I trust you on the female photographer. It has been almost two years since the trip. Forgive me for my mistake :confused3

I love all the pictures! Looks like such fun. :goodvibes

50's Prime Time is great! I have to say the last time I was there I was on my best behavior as I did not want to get yelled at! :scared: This year I might try to act up a little and see what happens.

I find they really play off the guests. If you put yourself out there to have some fun they will play it up, if you are more reserved they will pick a little but not much. You have to go into it wanting to have fun, that was our plan!

So much fun! Your server was pretty awesome! I think I need to have more fun servers. I love the place but I never seem to get the best one. I still love it! And the fried chicken!!

Servers are half of it... we made sure we all had our elbows on the table at one point so he knew we were into it! I think once that happened he knew we were game.

:scared1:SHOCKER!:scared1:

TWO posts in one day. Crazy, isn't it?

Ok onto:

Day 6: Part 3: What are you, a chicken?

Food?

Check!

Stuffed?

Double check!

Rollercoaster time?

ARE YOU INSANE?!

Seriously.. I think I need my head checked.

So, we agreed (with the persuasion from my mother, no less) that we would go to Rock n Rollercoaster. My major concern was getting sick from having such a full stomach, but Wendy assured me we would be ok!

Follow me! I heard. We turned left to head to RnR and stopped dead in our tracks.

The queen, 2 penguins from Mary Poppins, Stitch, Meeko, Max, Genie, 3 army men from Toy Story, Jessie and Pinocchio were just walking out from backstage.

14758219523_ec6551bb88_z.jpg

14551729319_9d9e2f9165_z.jpg

14758219223_a38ae1a0e3_z.jpg

Chin. To. Ground.

I overheard a cast member saying that they were out to “mingle before Fantasmic”. We approached some and snapped pictures, too many to share. But I will show you one of my favorites!

14715353976_4d95b6dc26_z.jpg

Check out more character pictures in Wendy's post about our day here.

I never in my wildest dreams thought something like this would happen. I was so pumped!

I think we were all pretty excited with the turn of events here. You can see Mickey and Minnie anywhere but all of these characters! I was beyond excited. I think I was more excited to see Meeko and the Penguins than the others but I loved seeing them all!

So now, the inevitable. :sad2: Rock n Rollercoaster was calling our names. I admit, I never considered myself a rollercoaster girl. Nah uh. I like my feet planted firmly on the ground. Circus rides are too intense for me. The spinning motion makes me vomit. :crazy2:

I enjoy looking at this:

14735996514_00788af041_z.jpg

When we got to the pre-show area, I know I was nervous. David was, I could tell by the look on his face:

14551689860_60379171cf_z.jpg

hahahaha

Then we had to decide who rides together and who rides alone. Wendy and Johnny both offered to be the one to ride alone. I kind of felt bad, especially since we were the odd number. It just didn't add up :teacher:, but they were seasoned vets and I knew deep down that they really didn't mind, considering it was the first time for the three of us. Johnny ended up drawing the short card. Mom and David would ride together, and no offence meant to Johnny but I wanted to go with Wendy :rolleyes1. He was a good sport about it and I don't think it really bothered him. It's not like it's a ride that you chit chat the whole time to the person beside you.

14715365406_deee17d77a_c.jpg

14551741609_a6d7a9d830_c.jpg

I admit, I probably screamed the whole time. I tried really hard to keep my eyes open the whole time and I think for the most part I succeeded. After we went through the inversion I realized what happened and I was pretty pumped. I have to say I like Aerosmith music so I was loving that.

After the ride I was a little wobbly on the feet for a second, but felt good. When I think back on it, I definitely want to do it again!

After the ride we decided to split up. Wendy and Johnny went their own way and we were staying at the Studios for the rest of the evening.

This seems like a perfect place to stop for now. Until next time!

Day 6: Part 4: A Fantasmic way to end the day

You saw character palooza! I am so jealous! Oh, the things I need to do on my next trip. :thumbsup2 And just FYI, you can never have TOO MANY pictures for a trip report! Share away, please!!

And good for you for doing RnRC! I love it. And no sickness? :cheer2:

Just found your TR, and I'm all caught up. Sounds like you had a lot of fun even if it was really wet!

I am a seasoned Disney World visitor but this year I'm taking 4 people who have never been before, and 2 who have been one time/one park/one day and my brother who has gone with me before. So excited, especially since one is a little celebrating his birthday!

You saw character palooza! I am so jealous! Oh, the things I need to do on my next trip. :thumbsup2 And just FYI, you can never have TOO MANY pictures for a trip report! Share away, please!!

And good for you for doing RnRC! I love it. And no sickness? :cheer2:

I was so shocked with the characters, it was like Disney Magic was shining down on us. I didn't even know they did that!

Just found your TR, and I'm all caught up. Sounds like you had a lot of fun even if it was really wet!

I am a seasoned Disney World visitor but this year I'm taking 4 people who have never been before, and 2 who have been one time/one park/one day and my brother who has gone with me before. So excited, especially since one is a little celebrating his birthday!

:welcome: to my trip report!!

I am definitely not a seasoned vet but I would like to think that I'm pretty knowledgeable about Disney for the two times I've been there. I hope to be a seasoned vet someday :)

Day 6: Part 4: A Fantasmic way to end the day

We said goodbye to Wendy and Johnny for now, we would see them again before the end of the trip! Mom, David and I headed towards Toy Story Midway Mania to use our Fast Passes, we got in the FP lane and we wound our way through the queue. I absolutely love this queue! I really do feel like I'm the size of a toy in Andy's Room!

14773491227_d6747fc210_z.jpg

14773490237_64813931fd_z.jpg

14773421308_dcc01c3ecc_z.jpg

14956926391_ab84d258fe_z.jpg

14956925441_8e1e4e4e10_z.jpg

We split up and had a blast riding. This time it was Mom and I vs David. I know our scores aren't super impressive but I wrote them down!

Amy: 147300
David: 125000
Mom: 94000

I knew we should head to Fantasmic early-ish, and we were all ready for some time to breathe and just enjoy the sights. We wandered slowly around and headed down to the Fantasmic line. We were actually over an hour early and we just talked about our trip.

14773489397_c71ef6eeaf_z.jpg

14773489077_c7dddc6639_z.jpg

We ended up with what I would categorize as perfect seats. Near the middle, 3 or 4 rows from the back.

Our view:
14959675292_47fb630590_z.jpg

Mother nature was calling so I offered to grab snacks on the way back from the washroom. They wanted a surprise. I came back with drinks and an R2D2 bucket of popcorn which we had a good giggle at. I'm not a huge popcorn fan but it smelled so yummy and the container was hard to pass up. I'm a sucker, I know!

The popcorn was hot and delicious, the pre-show entertainment was kind of corny but funny. Fantasmic itself was fabulous in my opinion. I really love it.

I know these are fuzzy but I wanted to share them anyway

14956923541_a62336fae8_z.jpg

14773418968_6617dd48b0_z.jpg

We decided before the show even started (once mom and David saw the size of the ampitheatre and the crowd) that we would take our time when the show was over. We let the people around us go ahead and push their way out, we made sure everyone had a bathroom trip cause we knew it would be a bit before we got back to our resort and we looked at the merchandise carts selling all the glowing stuff. David picked up a light up skeleton that looks like his mouth is opening and I was eyeing a set of light up Minnie ears. I didn't end up buying them but I regretted it later on.

A lesson I learned here. Buy it when you see it, you can always return it at your resort if you choose against it.

We took our time, and on the way out we were reminiscing about the trip. It was really hitting us that we only had a couple days left. I was getting sad to see our trip come to the point where the end was near.

There was an extremely long line at the bus stop, but we made it back to Pop Century after about a half hour or so. We took our time looking through the decades at Classic Hall.

It was really a different kind of night. We slowly walked back to our room.

When we got back to our room, we found a few different towel creations in our room and a note from Mousekeeping!

14773487317_9dfd37b30a_z.jpg

14773350770_d1da820bd0_c.jpg

14773417988_8661f37164_z.jpg

14937031966_0238929788_z.jpg

We got settled in a bit and I wasn't very tired so I decided that I would go do some laundry, so I decided to grab mine and David's refill mugs and head to Classic Hall to fill them up. On the way I popped in to see how much laundry would cost so I could bring enough with me. I filled up the mugs, grabbed a bag of laundry, a notebook and pen and a shirt that needed to be returned and headed to do some laundry.

I put the load in the washer, took the shirt back and returned it.

Got back poolside and found a table to sit and and write up some of my trip, then 1.5 sentences in my pen died. I went back to the gift shop to buy some Disney pens. After I wrote for a while and switched into the dryer, there was an elderly lady and her son doing laundry, the lady started up a conversation and we ended up talking for 20 minutes or so. She was from Missouri and was a regular Disney guest. After I folded my clothes I headed back to our room for a nice relaxing sleep.

Next up

Day 7: Part 1: Amy's freak out

Wonderful day at DHS!! Love the PP picture with the balloons! Sounds like a good meal at Prime Time, with a great server.

I love Fantasmic! And TSMM! I miss them. :lmao: And a lot more. So thanks for sharing your TR. :)

I hear a lot of hate for Fantasmic... but I really do love it. TSMM is such a favorite, too. I actually have Toy Story Mania for the Wii! It has some '3D' stages. Not as good as Disney 3D but it's pretty cool to play through some of the stages!

Wonderful day at DHS!! Love the PP picture with the balloons! Sounds like a good meal at Prime Time, with a great server.

Hollywood Studios has a charm to it, I find. The PP pic was cool, I love those extra little things.

I will always say this about 50s... It's is what you make of it. We were in it to have a great time and get immersed in the experience and he just really fed off us.

I'm not a fan of Fantasmic, but I do love being in that theatre watching people watch Fantasmic. The energy is always fun.

oh wow I knew i was behind,but didn't realize just how much.I feel like it's Christmas or something.You never did say what happened with your henna? did it survive the rain?I gotta look out for that next time,I've wanted to do it for a while but I have a serious case of Disney ADD .

oh wow I knew i was behind,but didn't realize just how much.I feel like it's Christmas or something.You never did say what happened with your henna? did it survive the rain?I gotta look out for that next time,I've wanted to do it for a while but I have a serious case of Disney ADD .

Yes you were behind! Oh well you're all caught up now. The henna actually survived and lasted probably a week or more after I got home. I had lots of questions about it from the little old ladies that I waited on at work that week!

I actually found out that they did Henna in Disney World by someone's TR here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter