How many times will you rain on my parade?-a wet (and sometimes funny) first ever TR

All caught up and loving your trip!!! Even if it is raining on your parade... :rotfl2:

Is your November trip still a go???

No, November trip is off :( I will live vicariously through teekathepony and dream about it. I'm hoping next year.

That's ok, I live vicariously thru teekathepony and a bunch of other Dis'ers too because my family would rather not go to Disney... :scared1: But they don't want me to go to Disney without them either... Go figure... :confused3

My counter at the bottom shows that we're headed down there in less than 7 weeks to the Dark Side (Universal/Islands of Adventure) and Legoland... But I did convince them to rent points from my cousin so we're staying at Animal Kingdom for 3 nights... Guess that's the closest I'll get to Disney this trip... :(

That's ok, I live vicariously thru teekathepony and a bunch of other Dis'ers too because my family would rather not go to Disney... :scared1: But they don't want me to go to Disney without them either... Go figure... :confused3

My counter at the bottom shows that we're headed down there in less than 7 weeks to the Dark Side (Universal/Islands of Adventure) and Legoland... But I did convince them to rent points from my cousin so we're staying at Animal Kingdom for 3 nights... Guess that's the closest I'll get to Disney this trip... :(

My family and boyfriend would love to go to Disney it's just a matter of the money issue. Too bad vacations weren't free!

I hope since you're staying at Animal Kingdom you will be getting some Disney park days in as well!

It’s been a couple weeks, so without further wait:

Day 7: Part 1: Amy's freak out

We woke up late this morning, around 9 a.m. We slowly got ready and made our way to Epcot around 11:15. We made our way through future world slowly, just taking it all in. I believe this was the morning we saw sky writers which I think is pretty common around there, for us it’s something we don’t see.

We looked through a couple of shops and made our way over to Universe of Energy. My brother was angry that we wanted to wait for Ellen’s Energy Adventure because it was about a 25-30 minute wait when he could see that there were quick wait times at other attractions.

I loved all the mirrored tiles all over the place and took my time looking around and decided to block Mr. Pessimistic out. He was ranting and raving about wait times and I decided to live in my own little bubble while he ranted.

15003841740_3dbf162b4d_c.jpg

After we took in Ellen (which I loved) we made our way over to the Electric Umbrella for lunch. I had a meatball sub and strawberry cheesecake. The best meatball sub I’ve ever had.

14960028365_58be1b4887_z.jpg

15167488486_3383e4deb2_z.jpg

Maybe it was because I was hungry? Maybe it was because I was in Disney? Who knows! All I know is I didn’t really care why I was enjoying it so much, I was just happy to eat. By the time we were finishing our food it was starting to rain outside.

We decided to try Mission: Space. Let me tell you, it was my idea but I have no idea why. I was scared even though we were obviously doing the Green team. I really enjoyed the queue, and took LOTS of pictures.

14937029886_ffc8b1338d_z.jpg

I LOVED looking at this I thought it was really cool:
14937029376_9dac1541e8_z.jpg

14956930351_222f24600b_z.jpg

14773495227_aec832d343_z.jpg

14959681982_caab80f1bf_z.jpg

I was noticing all kinds of little kids in the line for Orange team. Not on your life would I do orange team! I know that one spins which would make me extremely sick. Remember the teacups? Nobody was allowed to spin the cup and I was still woozy after we got off the ride.

15187578101_29dec8a971_z.jpg

When we were getting up to the loading zone for the ride I started to panic. Full blown panic attack. I really didn’t know if I was going to be able to do the ride. When we got inside our vehicle and it started coming towards me-that was it! I’m done. I wanted off and I wanted off NOW. Not now, like a minute ago now. I really had a full blown freak out.

It was not pretty. :sad2:

The cast member came over and released it. She asked me if I was going to be ok. I decided I’m this far into it might as well try it. I told her I’d be fine and now that I knew how close it was going to come to me. I’m so glad I ended up doing it. I was so proud of myself (I know it seems really silly). I was grinning from ear to ear when we got off the ride and I know I’ll do it again! :cheer2:

When we got off the ride and through the shop the rain had turned into a downpour. This is the point where I thought I was on an oversized version of Kali River Rapids, and I happened to be sitting in the seat that got ALLLLLL the water. We threw the ponchos on and were off! Running to Mouse Gear! The ponchos didn’t help much as all our sneakers were soaked through and even the bottoms of our shorts were soaked.

15167578446_888888dcc7_z.jpg

Oh well *shrugs* I didn’t mind getting a bit wet. Mom and David found bathrooms to try and dry off in while I sat around and people-watched while I waited. That was definitely a water ride. Yup. Courtesy of the good ole’ state of Florida.

15003824869_b76e645b43_z.jpg

We sat around for a while...

15167577846_4bacd033ed_z.jpg

... and then we walked around for a while and soon enough the rain had significantly slowed down so we decided to head for World Showcase!

I think that's good for now, until next time....

Day 7: Part 2: The Three Caba-whatevers

Day 7: Part 2: The Three Caba-whatevers

So after the rain had stopped we headed to World Showcase and started with Mexico.

15004036087_33b6b2da0e_z.jpg

By this time there were Cast Members out sweeping the water into drains, but it wasn’t raining anymore and it was HOT. Like really hot. We went into the Mexico pavilion and who was taking pictures? Why, it was our old amigo, Donlad Duck!

15190225242_1129fe895c_z.jpg

14758230653_e777e65bb4_c.jpg

I have to say seeing Donald was an awesome surprise! The line wasn't too long which is why we waited.

When we finished with Donald we had to try on some hats. I have to say that this is something my family enjoys...

15004026798_7dc8833462_z.jpg

15003820429_5553c750f4_z.jpg

We looked around a bit and I knew there was one thing we HAD to do..... The Three Caballeros!

15167574316_41ce1d8f1a_z.jpg

A couple funny stories here… one involves my mother. During the trip she was taking notes on her phone the same way I was taking notes on mine. She asked me what it was called and I told her… she kept asking me and I said “Three Caballeros” when I looked at her phone she had typed “the three caba-whatevers” LOL So everytime I hear the song from the ride I always call it “the three caba-whatevers”; even my boyfriend knows it by that name.

The other story involves my brother. There was a group of 3 women in the line in front of us. Now I’m talking probably in their 40s or 50s. One of the women kept talking about her daughter’s debt. Really loudly, let me tell you. They were seated in the front row of the boat and we were behind them. During the ride they kept talking and talking and talking about it. Well the daughter owed her $15,000 and wanted to borrow another $13,000 to pay of her credit card debt… blah blah blah blah… it was so annoying because it was so loud. I don’t care what they talk about, but it’s none of my business what your daughter owes to you. My brother finally got fed up with it and he leaned forward to say something to them. He asked them if they can just enjoy the tour, and let everyone else enjoy the tour and they finally stopped.

15003819319_99ee4fc00e_z.jpg

15167572846_b0d2075303_z.jpg

When we got off the ride and out of the boat David realized his iPod was missing. It had been on his lap and must have slid off. The ladies who had been in front of us found it on the floor of the boat and turned it in to the podium. Thank god! Good thing he wasn’t rude to them, they may not have returned it!

We left there and all I can remember is that after all that rain is was sooooooo hot. David and I picked up hand held Chinese fans at the China pavilion.

From there we were heading around World Showcase. My memory is a bit fuzzy here too but I know we did Maelstrom with what I felt was a long wait (20 minutes or so, not too bad really). We headed to China from there and saw Mulan meeting guests off to the left but she had a really long line. Too long for my liking. (yes I waited 35 minutes for Tinkerbell but that’s different. A girl has to have priorities!) There were performers inside the China Pavilion but there were too many people and I couldn’t see cause I’m so short, so we went in by the tomb replica and had a seat for a few minutes

15190221382_45f57b8f09_c.jpg

15190220012_707cf42d58_z.jpg

15187567951_c0332cebc3_z.jpg

After that we watched Reflections of China and moved on when the film was over.

So, was it a boring day at World Showcase? Anything exciting or surprising happen? You’ll have to find out next post!

Until then…

Day 7: Part 3: Strange places and familiar faces

Good day everyone, and Happy Friday!

I've been pretty busy as of late, getting ready for my Brownie group to start and working on things for the upcoming Christmas craft show that I'm selling at.

Also, as those of you who follow my cousin, teekathepony, may know that we have a cousin who is very sick. He has liver cancer and the past week has been a rollercoaster of a ride with him, so our focus has been on his health; so if you can continue with any thougts, prayers, good vibes, or whatever you can spare, it would be greatly appreciated. :goodvibes

So, now it's time to continue on our journey around Walt Disney World in...

Day 7: Part 3: Strange places and familiar faces

I left off we were heading around the world and had gone through Mexico, Norway and China…We were really just enjoying a leisurely stroll through World Showcase, I have to admit. Taking in all the sites and sounds, people watching, you know: easy going kind of day.

I have to share this picture because I just love it, and with my brother's lifelong love of elephants, it was kind of fitting...

15187566921_364b496d00_c.jpg

So after that we were walking through Germany…

15003919220_5852b7f036_z.jpg

We were all commenting on the strange and wonderful architecture, when we saw a strangely familiar set of faces sitting down by a fountain having a rest…

15003986387_011f687d40_z.jpg

I am going to be killed after posting this picture so if you never hear from me again you'll know who to blame......

Wendy and Johnny! (Sorry Wendy, it's the only proof I have that we saw you!) They were waiting to be called for their table for lunch at Biergarden. We talked for a bit and said we’d see each other again soon as we had plans for another event later on in the trip.

We headed over to Via Napoli, realizing that our reservation would have us missing Illuminations which I REALLY wanted them to see and this was the only day (I think) that we would be at EPCOT during that time of the day. I tried to see if they had an earlier reservation (as we were all getting hungry and I was starting to get cranky) but they didn’t have any. I cancelled it anyway and we wandered around trying to figure out where to eat. David came across masks and spent a good half hour or more in the shop. Mom and I ended up going outside to wait for him while he took his good ole' time. He did end up buying one, though.

15003880380_953fce1ac2_c.jpg

We decided to head back to China and eat at the quick service there. We all got a small meal (I got a kids meal actually) and I found it really gross. I threw it out which made me even more cranky.

After that, I don’t know if I ate anything substantial enough to be called supper. But I know we made our way back around to Italy and found a bench to sit on and wait for Illuminations. We sat down a bit after 7 and I told them I was going to go for a walk to France and get us some treats for Illuminations (Honestly I was starving and I know this wasn't a good meal choice... but it was delish!)

I made my way down by myself and enjoyed the peaceful walk.

15003774059_051e5ee072_c.jpg

15003879360_ae22b880af_z.jpg

I picked up a box of treats (Chocolate mousse, apple tarts and crème brûlée. On the way back I HAD to stop and get a funnel cake (nothing like multiple desserts in place of supper!) and made my way back to the bench. David said it was his turn to go for a walk. We THOUGHT he was going to France but he ended up in Japan. We made him take Mom’s cell phone that time and he was back before Illuminations started. He bought himself a beautiful Kimono.

While it was just Mom and I we talked and just enjoyed each other’s company.

15003978708_9dd07ce9a9_z.jpg

I had the funnel cake and mom had one of the desserts from France. There was a big family (3 generations, probably 12 or 15 people. An older couple and two of their sons, and their families. The two sons were talking about heading over to Magic Kingdom after Illuminations. They were going to watch SpectroMagic (it was currently Main Street Electrical Parade) and that they wanted their kids to see Snow White’s Scary Adventures (which had already been closed) and when one of the wives told them they didn’t have a ticket to get into MK, cause they had no park hopper, one of the men told her not to worry if they took the Monorail they wouldn’t need a ticket because it takes you inside the park. I just sat there shaking my head at them. What a shock they would get after monorailing it to MK.

We watched Illuminations, and I think mom enjoyed it more than David, but I really wanted them to see it none the less.

15003984467_7c019f9b78_z.jpg

15187565031_1bf65170c1_z.jpg

15004017158_49e5fa7148_z.jpg

After the show was done we slowly (and I mean SLOWLY, due to the crowds) made our way to the front of the park.

15190590535_c9aea8a736_c.jpg

The wait for a bus to take us back to Pop was almost 40 minutes. It was hot, I was cranky and all I wanted to do was crawl into bed. We did stop by the gift shop to pick up some of our purchases...

15004022307_447af0307e_z.jpg

I didn't shop at all :upsidedow

With only a couple days left in our trip where did we go the next day? What adventure awaited us? You'll have to find out in the next post!

Coming up.... Day 8: Part 1: Who? What? Why?

I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. Sending hugs, prayers and positive thoughts your way!

I loved walking through WS with you. It really made me miss it. Illuminations is not my favorite, but I love desserts in Epcot!

So frustrating hearing people making all their mistakes, eh? I wonder if that family is used to DL, you can take the monorail right into DL, but you need to show your ticket before you get on, so I'm not sure!

I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. Sending hugs, prayers and positive thoughts your way!

I loved walking through WS with you. It really made me miss it. Illuminations is not my favorite, but I love desserts in Epcot!

So frustrating hearing people making all their mistakes, eh? I wonder if that family is used to DL, you can take the monorail right into DL, but you need to show your ticket before you get on, so I'm not sure!

Thanks so much for the good vibes :)

World Showcase is one place that I still didn't get enough of. I don't feel like I explored most of it yet. I can't wait to get back for MANY reasons but I think I'd like to focus some extra time in Epcot in general.

I wasn't aware of the way the DL monorail worked, but still, Disney isn't going to leave a giant loophole so people don't have to buy tickets or Park Hoppers. I got a good chuckle out of it.

My problem is that I love listening and observing people. Maybe I'm just too nosy LOL :lmao:

Thanks so much for the good vibes :)

World Showcase is one place that I still didn't get enough of. I don't feel like I explored most of it yet. I can't wait to get back for MANY reasons but I think I'd like to focus some extra time in Epcot in general.

I wasn't aware of the way the DL monorail worked, but still, Disney isn't going to leave a giant loophole so people don't have to buy tickets or Park Hoppers. I got a good chuckle out of it.

My problem is that I love listening and observing people. Maybe I'm just too nosy LOL :lmao:

I have been to WDW parks 7 times and there are still so many things I want to explore and do. I am so mad that I missed Off Kilter! They've been on my list of must dos for YEARS but never got around to it. Had I heard they were done before my trip, I would have MADE SURE I saw them. Terrible that Disney didn't give us enough notice! They keep announcing closures and things that are only a few weeks away.

Yeah, I think Disney, being the company it is, would be VERY aware of how to make the most money! :lmao:

You know, I'm totally the same! I do it everywhere though, not only at WDW! I've also been known to step in and correct people... and scold strangers' children.... well, maybe not scold, but help correct their behavior or help them to do something the parents are wanting them to do.

I just thought today would be a good time for an off topic-yet related to Disney post... I think most of you will get a chuckle out of it.

:offtopic:

So I was sitting waiting for my appointment with my Physiotherapist yesterday after work and one of the staff there asked me if I was going to Disney any time soon (they all know how Disney nuts I am) and I told her not yet... probably not till next year.

So then she asked me if I've stayed at the “new hotel” and I should have clued in that she had no idea what she was talking about.

Art of Animation?

No, she said, the animal one...

Animal one? Ummm.... ok did I fall asleep and miss something completely?

She told me it was 'next to the new park with the animals and you can see them from your room'

Well, Animal Kingdom had their 15th anniversary last year, so I wouldn't exactly call it new...... but I realized she was talking about Animal Kingdom Lodge (which to my knowledge opened in 2001)

Luckily, that's when I got called in for my appointment and I didn't have to endure her trying to make conversation with me over things that I'm interested in but she doesn't have much knowledge in.

Common sense should tell you that something that was “new” over a decade ago is not considered 'new' anymore.

Good day everyone! :flower3:

I promise you I have not forgotton about this again, I put it on hold a bit while I prepare for the craft show I'm selling at in just under 2 weeks! I've been up to my eyeballs in crafts and I hope to take some pictures of my work in the next couple days and I will show some of it off :)

Anyway I just wanted to check in; I've been meaning to for a while now but I'm just getting the chance to right this second. I miss you all and I'll be back soon!!!:santa:

[SIZE="[SIZE="5"][/SIZE]"]Good day everyone!

I'm just popping in to say hi while I wait for some stuff to dry. I'm finishing up some crafting things for this weekend's Christmas Craft show. I'm getting pretty nervous thinking about it because it's the day after tomorrow! I have to get some more things finished, build my displays when John comes over tonight and get ready to pack the car.

Tomorrow I have an eye appointment and a few last minute things to run around and pick up, but I think I'm getting there. Once I have my stuff together in one place and know I have it all, I think I'll be able to start to relax.

Just wanted to do a short post, so with that I'll show you some of the items I've made and will be selling this weekend!

15465600958_8fa57ce48e_z.jpg

One of my Christmas Cards, no two are the same but I have several similar ones.

15465117379_3034059a9f_z.jpg

I have a set of 12 of these, it was 1 sheet of printed cardstock I picked up at a store we don't have around here the last time the boy and I went to Halifax :)

15465612868_fdd6227a88_z.jpg

My Santa cards

15465794397_380a4763df_z.jpg

I have these with red and green buttons as well

15649072351_0625435146_z.jpg

A birthday card, cause it doesn't all have to be Christmas. I made these at Wendy's a few weeks ago!

15465602928_32d15ccf13_z.jpg

I spy with my little eye...

15651754455_062818f822_z.jpg

Some wreaths made with re-purposed wooden curtain rings

15465111959_0193da90f9_z.jpg

A knitting basket

15465115929_afb7e5cb3f_z.jpg

A hand painted snowman. I also have Gingerbread, Santa Hat and Trees

15031604933_24f0407676_z.jpg

My snowmen!

15466190980_b21829430a_z.jpg

For anyone dreaming of the beach at Christmas time

15628039396_3b80bf5ba1_z.jpg

Lite Brite, anyone? Just to bring you back to your childhood.

Alright folks, I'm signing off for now. I have some stuff to do. I'll be back hopefully in the next couple weeks with an actual TR post. After Remembrance Day things should be slowing down for me.

Bye for now! :wave2:

[/SIZE]

Beautiful stuff!!! :thumbsup2 And the last 3 ornaments are my favorite!!!

Good Luck at the craft sell!!! :goodvibes I hope you sell out of EVERYTHING!!! :cool1:

Beautiful stuff!!! :thumbsup2 And the last 3 ornaments are my favorite!!!

Good Luck at the craft sell!!! :goodvibes I hope you sell out of EVERYTHING!!! :cool1:

Awww thanks a bunch! I'm pretty excited about it, that's for sure. I think the nervousness has gone completely and now I'm just settling in to know that I'm ready to go and what happens will happen. I'm not so sure how I'll feel in the morning before I leave to go set up, or how I will feel when the first customers walk through the doors tomorrow night. This particular show had over 5600 people go through the doors last year between Friday and Sunday, so I hope I sell out too! That would be wicked!

I'll definitely let everyone know after the weekend is over :woohoo:

Day 8: Part 1: Who? What? Why?

Well, day 8 is here and our trip was winding down but there was still lots to do. Being sick I was sort of half feeling like I was looking forward to getting home and getting better but I was in Walt Disney World and I know I really didn't want to leave.

We ate breakfast in our room
15167562876_9c37e68016_z.jpg

Notice that my mom is eating her yogurt with a plastic knife and not a spoon... we had no spoons LOL!

And left for Classic Hall at 9:40, feeling sick means I'm slow moving in the morning. Also, we were just enjoying ourselves and afterall we were on vacation.

I returned a couple items at the gift shop before we got into the line for the Magic Kingdom bus.

14859384457_ff10af5076_c.jpg

There were a few silly things I wanted to do today; first was a stop at Le Chapeau on Main Street. We went in, tried on a bunch of the hats. I kept eyeing a spot on the wall and looking around to see if anyone was watching me. I felt a little silly and probably looked like I was up to no good, but I snuck over to the phone on the wall and picked it up to listen to the conversation happening. I thought it was amusing and my brother thought I was nuts. Well, I think I was re-affirming what he already knew. He and mom listened to it too and we had a chuckle.

We headed up Main Street and took a right to Tomorrowland.

There were a couple things I needed to do here. First of all, I knew mom and David would get a real kick out of Monster's Inc Laugh Floor, and with only a 10 minute wait it was well worth it.

15190587445_cf4661142f_z.jpg

When we were done of that I insisted on doing Stitch's Great Mistake. This is one of my little Disney secrets... I find this attraction amusing! This, too, was only a 10 minute wait.

From there we decided it was time for a break. An ice cream break! Auntie Gravity's it was!

I had chocolate ice cream with carmel sauce. Funny combination but it was delish!

15003806809_a8a4fb1a33_z.jpg

While we were sitting outside enjoying an ice cream break I heard a strange voice... but strangelly enough I knew just what it was.

“It's Push!” I exclaimed.

My brother was confused. Mom was too but she knew it had to be something interesting.

D - “Who?”

“Push! The trash can!”

D - “What?!”

“Over there! See!”

D - “ummmm... the trash can is moving.”

“...and talking!”

D - “What?”

“It's Push.”

D - “I get it, it's a moving, talking trash can. But why?”

“We're in Disney, that's why.”

At that point we went over closer to observe Push. The nosy person in me looked around to see if I could find Push's human friend but I was too distracted by Push himself. Honestly, I like the magic of it all.

I took a video of him...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/76665639@N04/15003734439/

This is the only way I could figure out how to show you guys the video!

From there we were going to do Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin but since there was a bit of a lineup we got Fast Passes for it and decided to do Space Mountain.

15004011888_7d6c28dc3f_z.jpg

I was really impressed with the queue at Space Mountain. I wanted to stop and play games but people came up behind us so we kept going. When we finally approached the loading area I started to get nervous. I had to talk myself into it. When we got into the ride vehicle I wrapped my purse strap around both my legs to secure it and positioned it behind my legs. I didn't feel so secure with just that little bar at my waist, but off we went.

Well, I was more scared on SM than I was on RnR, I just felt like I wasn't secure enough in the ride vehicle, especially since I'm a little top heavy. I made it though, and ended up completely enjoying myself.

As usual, when we got off the ride I went to the counter for the ride photos and had it added to my PhotoPass+

14859384077_4829136a1f_z.jpg

We looked around the shop for a while when I spotted a beautiful Mickey Mouse scarf that I just had to have, so I bought that and we headed back to Buzz Lightyear to use our FPs

15190208432_a2d4eedca7_z.jpg

14859383707_f65b712d17_z.jpg

14859283550_bffd2e11a0_z.jpg

I didn't score very well...

15003910140_75d7f4ea6b.jpg

We walked around and took a few picutres

15004015697_27e63c6cfa_c.jpg

From there we headed to the Carousel of Progress. It's old, it's corny, but it's Disney History! I enjoyed it and now the song is stuck in my head!

After that, it was time for some PhotoPass pictures

14859353498_45d2ebd859_z.jpg

David looks so impressed, doesn't he? :rotfl2:

14859219819_7a8be264df_z.jpg

And one of my favorite pictures this vacation:
14859282880_1b9922b522_c.jpg

This photographer was in the DCP and was talking to David about it and how he should apply. We watched the end of the Castle stage show and took some more pictures on our own

From there we headed across the hub and looked around Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe before we checked in for our lunch.

15190582125_99f38f4d77_z.jpg

I think this is the perfect spot to take a break.

You'll have to find out where we ate next time in:

Day 8: Part 2: A meal to remember

I am really far behind on your TR and glad to see it bumped up right now.

I don't think there is anything wrong with chocolate ice cream and caramel. Looks and sounds delish!

I went back to some of your older updated:

Cute picture with you and Tink! Your shirt is very cute!
I have always wanted to do the behind the seeds tour. Glad you enjoyed it.
Figment is always a must do in my book despite what David thinks. :rotfl2:
Fun to see the old fashioned FP's. I really miss them. ::yes::
Umm - yeah - your score was pretty bad on Buzz. But I can only say that because I have been know to have some pretty poor scores on both Buzz and TSM.

Back to read more!

Just one more picture though. I found this at a store in HS and loved it!

14937037466_c3c0d76064_z.jpg

:rotfl2: hahahaha Love this! Everyone needs that candy.

Forgot to mention - cute pictures of you guys before 1900 Park Faire.

Love the picture on Splash. Everyone is having such a great time! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter