How messy is your home right now?

It is not good... my step-daughter had a guest over last night and they kind "used" the kitchen. I noticed dirty dishes were piled all around... and the dishwasher is full of clean dishes, ugh. There is stuff piled on the dining room table, the living room is in disarray. Here I sit, just not in the mood to pick up anything right now.

I will “win” this thread.
DH and I just returned from a week in the Caribbean and left DS15, DS20, and DS22 home. I left a few dishes in the sink before I left that are still there. My home looks like the beginning stages of Hoarders.
Idk, I think @mjkacmom is giving you a run for your money. :lmao:

I like things pretty neat and clean. Let's just say my house needs a good cleaning right now. Downstairs is fairly neat, but messier than usual. Upstairs is a disaster zone as DS21 moved out of his apt and has all his stuff in his room, plus he and DH cleaned out the closet in there and there's a bunch of stuff DS has to go through to decide what the keep and what to get rid of. That could take a while as he's working, playing ball and seeing his girlfriend. DD changed her room around and is sorting through some things, also. We were off this week and partially cleaned out the bathroom storage areas, and our room has a few laundry baskets full of stuff there's no room for, the whole bedroom needs a purge. I haven't been able to do much as my mothers' been ill. I take care of her and her needs have increased weekly. If I can get it sorted out I might bring someone in to clean, but I'm just so tired. (Obviously I agree you have to pick up before cleaning!) Everyone in the household helps out with Mom so I can't complain, eventually we'll get it all sorted out. It's just hard right now.

Ugh, messy! I feel like I am constantly cleaning up and fighting clutter, especially after the weekend. My family leaves full glasses of liquids strewn around (one person had four this morning along our bureau, no coasters). I can't say anything as it makes me a nag. It's just that there are probably 100 different things like that and I am the only one cleaning up. Inside, outside, my car, the garage. Ugh I can't wait for vacation to get away from the cluttered mess to appreciate it. Spending a week in a small hotel room with these people is harder than a roomy house.

I'm a stressed out cleaner, too! I might verge on the edge of OCD when I get anxious. And I can't stand clutter. Everything needs to be in it's place and put away. I would lose my mind if I had to live in a messy house.

Anxiety! This is me too and my husband doesn't understand it. I feel really stressed out when our home is messy. I grew up in an overly neat home though. Rooms we weren't allowed to sit in etc. Everything was spotless and perfect, especially the garage. I'd come in from a bike ride to grab a drink and 5 minutes later go to leave and my bike was already hanging from hooks on the ceiling. When my father was dying in the hospital, we were immersed in a great conversation when he stopped talking and asked me to straighten up the chair area I had slept in the night before. I'm not as bad but just can't relax unless everything is neat and clean..which feels like never though I try!

My bedroom and both girls bedrooms looks like a tornado went through. The living room is relatively tidy, but the carpet needs to be shampoo'd. Our master bath was cleaned last night. We're doing an emergency repair on the shower so it's been a mess of drywall/mud dust and globs, with broken tile pieces coating the floor from the demo.

Mine's almost never messy. Comes from living with a retired husband who's a borderline OCD neat/clean freak.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter