How much do you tip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
20% at Disney. At home 25% and sometimes more because we live in a rural area and I know they don’t make much. There’s not inflated meal pricing here so we try to be a little more generous.

20%+ & we don’t hold food issues, etc against a waiter/waitress unless the server is blatantly rude to us, which did happen once.
Most servers are attentive, hard workers.

Usually 20% rounded up to the nearest dollar for meals. If bar service only, a dollar or two per drink.

Unless the service is just outright lacking, at least 20%, just in recognition of how much these workers rely on gratiuty to earn a living.

For me:
15% means service was really bad
18% means service might have had some flaws but nothing horrible
20% for satisfactory/good service
25-30% for exceptional service

Considering the waitstaff only makes a few dollars an hour, I add 20% for good service and 20% for bad service. Sometimes they are understaffed or the kitchen gets backed up so bad service is not always "bad" service.

Best answer.

20-25% in real life at home.

15% at WDW regular TS places since prices are overly inflated. I’m not tipping 20% on a $20 burger i can get at home for $12 or less.

20-25% at WDW signatures.

Personal tipping habits is not a topic for discussion. This thread is closed. There is a sticky thread for the mechanics of tipping and why we limit the discussion. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter