How much do you usually spend on souvenirs?

We don’t usually buy souvenirs now that the kids are older but I have splurged rewards dollars on a Dooney one trip and a Vera Bradley beach bag on another that I use ALL the time.

I’ve been to Disney many times and usually buy a new tee or new ears, a pin or two and occasionally a Pandora or other jewelry (nothing expensive though), I average around 125-150, also spend about 250 on kids.
This trip would like some Mickey sunglasses and a new Dooney and Bourke! I have been picking up Disney gift cards in Target and my sweet hubby gave me a pack of 3 $50. Gift cards from Sams for Valentines Day.

The only souvenirs we got on our last trip were starbucks cups to keep our cocktails from melting. Other than that we didn’t buy any.
When the kids were young we wasted so much money on junk, when they got older we gave them $100 bucks to get something. My boys just used it in the arcade, my dd still bought junk 😂
We have been so often that I don’t see the need to come home with anything.

Pretty much zero. Last trip I bought a Totoro T-shirt for my son for $28. It doesn’t fit and now I’m out the money.

Sometimes I buy a mug. But then I found Disney mugs at Marshall's for $4 so maybe those days are over.

I usually take a day to do some shopping for clothes and things when in Orlando, but I really don’t buy souvenirs at Disney, anymore.

My DS has a collection of Disney tee shirts, and I have to give him credit that at 17 he has no shame in wearing them all summer! Some have graduated to "pajama tops" and some he has outgrown of course, but he has fun finding cool WDW tees when we're there, and that's his gift to himself.
I always promise myself I'm going to buy something beautiful in Epcot or DS for myself, but I rarely do. Meals with adult beverages get pretttyyyy spendy....

It’s become very common for me to commemorate my visit with a new Pandora charm and a new bag (SCL, D&B) when the pattern strikes my fancy, in addition to new ears. I will also grab unique mugs and housewares, especially as gifts. This probably runs in the several hundreds of dollars range…but when it’s just me and my DH we don’t prioritize shopping as much so on those trips I spend very little and it evens out. As a child I was known to collect odd-shaped Disney pens and all the safari-costumes plush toys at Animal Kingdom, my favorite being Winnie the Pooh. My brother’s favorite souvenirs are snacks, which can also be a pretty penny.

I am a big pin trader so that hurts there. I get a shirt with the year on it every trip as well as a jacket. I also go to my part time job at Cracker Barrel and get my son Gator stuff and me Seminole stuff. This trip I have a new grandbaby to buy for as she will be 1 and my other granddaughter will be 6 so they will get whatever they want from MiMi. So I am budgeting $600 plus $300 for extra expenses like food or souvenirs. I am sure I will not spend that much but it will be there for the babies for whatever they want.

It varies each trip.
I usually buy a mug or two, a Christmas ornament and something from Basin. Last year, I brought home 2 dooney since I liked the design. I used to like tshirts but not at the prices they are now.
The kids usually get a $50 gift card to pick out something. If they go a little over I’ll pitch in the rest. Most of the toys they get on the trip never come out of the closet again so I try to limit that.
I do find that before my trip I’ll see tons of stuff I want on blogs or vlogs but once I get there I just don’t really want to pay the ridiculous prices for whatever it is.

I'm afraid to add it up! :-) Our March trip was me, DH, DD (18), DS (21) and his girlfriend (also 21). I think between us we purchased 5/6 shirts, 3 Minnie Ear headbands but the biggest thing was pins. My kids have both collected pins since they were very small and insisted that I start my own Chip and Dale collection this trip. I'm guessing between us we got about 30 new pins. Son just graduated college last week and may be moving about 4/5 hours away so not sure when we can all go together again. I sometimes justify my fuzzy Disney math...LOL

I'm just curious what everyone averages. We're really not souvenir people when it comes to WDW, but I feel like the outlier. On other trips I might buy something unique from the place I'm visiting, but when it comes to Disney we are very minimal. We always buy a Christmas ornament, and the kids are given their own spending money to manage themselves. So that might be $100 for both of the kids combined and $30 for the ornament. Last trip I bought myself a spirit jersey and it felt like a really big indulgence because I almost never buy anything for myself while on vacation in WDW. This trip all I want is a coffee mug and extra Gideon's cookies to bring home.
I'm more of an outlier than you are.
We decided early in our marriage that we enjoyed traveling and experiences -- but not trinkety-junk that ends up as next year's garage sale fodder. Our kids understood very early that they went on MANY more trips than anyone else they knew, so they gladly accepted the "no souvenirs" idea.

Nothing. In recent years we have booked through Disney and stayed in a Disney hotel and they always throw in souvenirs with the package. WDW 5 years ago it was a WDW picture frame and a leather wrapped stainless steel WDW insulated cup. DL it usually is a lithograph.

Wow, do they do this at all Disney resorts, or just certain ones? I had not heard of this.

What a nice read!
I love some of these posts $$$$ and others are meh $-$$ out of all the posts read and or provided a $ number makes me think I am doing something wrong with my budget.

I have budgeted $1250 usd for me my wife and our 6 year old. This will be our first trip to WDW and our first ever FAMILY vacation.

is this an excessive amount for 3? when i break it down its only like $60 each a day ....hmmm see even saying that lol sounds alot?

Im not sure the costs of items so i shot high or at least what i think is high. Honestly i know the big prices and i already promised her IF and when we look in shops etc show daddy everything she likes or would like (dad takes picutres) then compare at outlets maybe? but then control the gift budget if there are must haves etc like our ears and any simpler inexpensive items OR if we find something EXCLUSIVE to ON site only. etc

Do you think this is reasonable budget or way over for our plans? and we could utilize money else where like maybe Special meals etc.

Wow, do they do this at all Disney resorts, or just certain ones? I had not heard of this.
I have only stayed at the Grand Floridian at WDW and we got 2 leather wrapped insulated WDW stainless steel cups, a WDW wooden picture frame and a lithograph.
At Grand California, Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier Hotel at DL I only remember getting lithographs and two or three times we got "use anytime" Fast Passes that were left in our room.

What a nice read!
I love some of these posts $$$$ and others are meh $-$$ out of all the posts read and or provided a $ number makes me think I am doing something wrong with my budget.

I have budgeted $1250 usd for me my wife and our 6 year old. This will be our first trip to WDW and our first ever FAMILY vacation.

is this an excessive amount for 3? when i break it down its only like $60 each a day ....hmmm see even saying that lol sounds alot?

Im not sure the costs of items so i shot high or at least what i think is high. Honestly i know the big prices and i already promised her IF and when we look in shops etc show daddy everything she likes or would like (dad takes picutres) then compare at outlets maybe? but then control the gift budget if there are must haves etc like our ears and any simpler inexpensive items OR if we find something EXCLUSIVE to ON site only. etc

Do you think this is reasonable budget or way over for our plans? and we could utilize money else where like maybe Special meals etc.

I think that's awesome if you are able to budget $1250 for souvenirs! If you don't end up spending it all then you just have some saved for next trip. :-). I found that when my kids were small they wanted lots of plush and other toys. One year I bought a Cinderella castle playset/dollhouse that was quite large. Luckily we drove that year. My kids are in college now and buy mostly shirts and pins. They still can spend a lot!

Our first ever trip my son was 4 and my daughter was 13 months. We were on a tighter budget then so I planned ahead and purchased some items prior to the trip that were a little cheaper. These gifts were left for them each night "by Mickey" and they were thrilled.

You can spend less and still enjoy but that sounds like a healthy budget for souvenirs. Hope your trip is magical!

I think that's awesome if you are able to budget $1250 for souvenirs! If you don't end up spending it all then you just have some saved for next trip. :-). I found that when my kids were small they wanted lots of plush and other toys. One year I bought a Cinderella castle playset/dollhouse that was quite large. Luckily we drove that year. My kids are in college now and buy mostly shirts and pins. They still can spend a lot!

Our first ever trip my son was 4 and my daughter was 13 months. We were on a tighter budget then so I planned ahead and purchased some items prior to the trip that were a little cheaper. These gifts were left for them each night "by Mickey" and they were thrilled.

You can spend less and still enjoy but that sounds like a healthy budget for souvenirs. Hope your trip is magical!
Thank you! I am trying. Our lil girl is very well mannered and respectful. (we are just old and this how we are raising her) She already knows if we go shoping it is ok to say WOW i would really like that. and be ok to NOT get it. (same as christmas etc) so she is already If we see things we like mom /dad/ will take a picture and go through pics to see if there is outlet carried. This way we can control what we spend and have to pack around the park. She is VERY easy to please. Ever see those kids having a fit in a store ? we all have at some point ...Our child is DEFINITELY NOT one of those. :) but the surprise each day packed etc was something i thought about last time i tried to plan. like a surprise shirt hat plush for the day etc. But honestly I havent even got that far in the planing I am still working out the mobility concerns / challenges we are facing. SO that budget of gifts may get shrunk big time i f the $ for added mobility and or rooms accessibility and transport etc changes.

In the last 20 years I’ve spent less than $10. I’m trying to de-clutter the house. I don’t need more useless stuff. Once time I bought a Mickey clip on your belt bottle holder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter