How Much Was It?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!!!UPDATE 5/12/14 PG 30

Glad you posted a link; I don't venture over here much.

I had debated about sneaking it on to the other board but decided against it lol

Following along! :)

Thanks for joining us!

I'm so excited to hear what you though of Disneyland!!!!!!! I'm also a Disneyholic and I recently ventured over to Disneyland for the first time in 17 years. It was definitely fun, interesting and a little weird walking around their

Welcome!!!

Disneyland is amazing!!! It was different but I loved how close everything was!

Page 1! I'm in!

Welcome!

Yeah! A new trip report! Can't wait to see all of your beautiful pictures of Disneyland!

:goodvibes:goodvibes

Thank you for joining us! Tons of pictures coming your way!

I am SO ready to hear about this trip! popcorn::

Welcome!

Can't wait to hear how you guys like Disneyland.

Spoiler alert we loved it and are already planning to go back in 2015!

Hooray! I am in!:cool1:

Welcome!

I'm in, and looking forward to it!

Thank you for joining us!

Yayyyy! I've been looking forward to this since you said you were going. I know I'm going to see great photos! I really like reading a Disneyland trip report from someone who's been to WDW. It really helps to hear how they compare.

Linda

I hope we deliver a good trip report!

Can't wait to hear all about this trip!!!:cool1:

Welcome!

Hi Dawn and Caitlin :wave2:

I've read all of your trip reports but not sure I have ever posted!! I'm excited to read this one!!

Also, I follow you on instagram Caitlin!! I'm "anniepers"

Awesome! Thank you for posting!

Welcome!

Signing on....although I have to admit....I will miss some updates as we are headed to WDW in ONE WEEK!!! :dance3::cheer2:

I hope you have a great trip!

I'm here! Can't wait to hear all about it.

I am in! Can not wait to hear about your wonderful trip!

Glad to see you started the new TR! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!
Can't wait to share the trip with you!

I'm here! Even though I haven't finished the other one yet. :rolleyes1

Can't wait to hear all about Disneyland though!!!

Glad to have you back!

I am joining along! Can't wait to hear about DL and get some tips if we ever get to go. :)

There will be plenty of tips to come!

My daughter Katie (short for Kaitlyn) & l LOVE your mother/daughter trip reports! Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Yay! Can't wait :cheer2:

My DH and I are planning a trip back to Cali. next year for our 20th anniversary (that is where we are from and where we were married) and since I never got to see California Adventure and all of the new additions your trip report will be a great resource for us!

Yay! Can't wait :cheer2:

My DH and I are planning a trip back to Cali. next year for our 20th anniversary (that is where we are from and where we were married) and since I never got to see California Adventure and all of the new additions your trip report will be a great resource for us!

Welcome!

Glad we can be of help!

I have read all your past reports and love them! I am looking forward hearing all about your DL trip. We plan on going there in 2015.

I have read all your past reports and love them! I am looking forward hearing all about your DL trip. We plan on going there in 2015.

Thank you for reading along!

Can't wait to share the trip with you! I hope you love it there as much as we did!

I would love to get back to Disneyland. Just not sure when yet. I thought 2016 but my youngest wants WDW for his graduation gift. Ds#1 is getting Hawaii in 2015 for his gift.

So excited to hear about adventures about DLR! I hope to one day visit, but I'd have to get over the plane ride from NY to California.

Page 3....:confused3....real life is just getting in the way all too frequently lately! I am here tho and wouldn't miss out on another wonder Dawn/Caitlin TR!:grouphug:

Just catching up on your previous report and saw this link so I am subscribing.

I'll be back to read soon.

:goodvibes

ETA: Just read your intro. Awesome start! I'm excited to read about your California Adventures

So excited to hear about adventures about DLR! I hope to one day visit, but I'd have to get over the plane ride from NY to California.

Can't wait to share the stories with you!

The plane ride wasn't as bad as we though it would be. It was over pretty quickly!

Sign me up! I love your trip reports ladies....

KIM

I am glad you enjoy them!! Thank you for joining us again!

Page 3....:confused3....real life is just getting in the way all too frequently lately! I am here tho and wouldn't miss out on another wonder Dawn/Caitlin TR!:grouphug:

I am glad to have you back! :hug:

Just catching up on your previous report and saw this link so I am subscribing.

I'll be back to read soon.

:goodvibes

ETA: Just read your intro. Awesome start! I'm excited to read about your California Adventures

Welcome to our new report!

It should be a fun trip report!

Ok, is everybody ready to get this party started? I hope so, cuz away we go!!

Our flight was at 6:30am so our day began crazy early. (but it's not like anyone actually sleeps the night before they head to Disney anyway)

My dad picked us up just before 5am, and since there was no traffic at 5am on a Sunday morning, we were at Detroit Metro airport by 5:15. We were flying Southwest and as we waited to board I was a little nervous about their boarding procedure. You see Southwest doesn't pre-book seats like the other airlines. Rather than pay ahead of time for a certain seat, like most of their competitors, the order in which you do online checkin determines your place to get in line to board the plane. Then once on the plane, you select your seat. Since we had a pretty long flight ahead of us I didn't want to be seated with strangers so I paid $12.50 pp for the option for a better place in line. We ended up being like 29-31A which meant we were among the first on and did not end up having a problem. I worried for nothing. We had a smooth flight

and arrived at our layover in Denver 30 minutes early :cool1:

We had about an hour til our next flight so we grabbed some snacks and Caitlin took some pics.

We weren't really sure what this was supposed to be but it was pretty huge!

Our second leg of the flight was also very smooth and before we knew it we were about to land at LAX!!

We got super excited when we spotted the "Hollywood" sign from the airplane!

We arrived at LAX right on time and our bags arrived about 15 minutes later. Easy peasy!

We grabbed our bags and headed outside, to overcast skies and 70 degrees, to find the not-so Magical Express. The shuttle service to DL is nowhere near as simple and efficient (or free) as the WDW ME. We had to wait about half an hour before it arrived but finally we boarded and after half a dozen more stops we were on our way to Disneyland!!

Getting closer

And closer

The shuttle stopped here first

Our stop came next

We're here!!! Disney's Paradise Pier hotel.

I cannot even tell you how excited we were to be here. Dale had been wanting to do a DL trip for years but the cost of air was always prohibitive. However, when I started researching a trip I found a great deal that only cost about 50$ more pp than air from Detroit to Orlando so thanks to that, we were now about to have a dream come true :goodvibes

I got in line to check-in while Caitlin and Dale hit the gift shop.

The CM that checked us in was very nice and as we talked he asked if we were celebrating. I told him that the trip was our 25th anniversary gift to each other although our actual anniversary was still a few months away.

He quickly got us checked in and told me they would text me when the room was ready. I told him that was fine and that we needed lunch anyway. It was only 11am in Cali but to us it was 2pm! So I found the family and we headed over to Downtown Disney to find some lunch.

**continued next post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter