How Much Was It?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!!!UPDATE 5/12/14 PG 30

We loved how everything was in walking distance from the hotel. To get to DTD we passed the DL Hotel

and within a few more minutes we were at DTD. Not needing a bus to get everywhere is amazing!

The DL DTD has a lot of the same businesses as its WDW counterpart

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Exhibit C (and our destination)

I had gotten some free gift cards for RFC so that would be our first lunch in DL. We checked in at the elephant

and we were lead up a few flights of stairs to our table. On the way we passed this

We were seated amongst the noisy monkeys and colorful birds.

Once at our table our server arrived pretty quick and we ordered some drinks and our lunch.

Dale and Caitlin ordered some adult beverages. Caitlin had the Island Daiquiri while Dale tried the Panama Punch. They both enjoyed their selections :thumbsup2

For her entrée Caitlin wanted a sandwich wrap but they did not have any gluten free options so they wrapped it in lettuce.

Dale and I split the rack of ribs.

Even though the RFC tends to get a bad rap on the Dis, we all really enjoyed our meals. Good food and a lively atmosphere. A nice way to begin our DL adventure!

After we finished our meals it was time for more pictures.

Bellies full it was time to head out into DTD and see all that it had to offer!
Come back next time and Caitlin will tell you all about it :)

Great update :). Paradise Pier seems like a fun place to stay but I keep not hearing good things about it, what did you guys think? When I was in Disneyland we stayed off property because my mom's friend that we went with has a bunch of marriot points so we used those. Unlike Disney world where staying on property makes a HUGE difference, we didn't really notice any setbacks or disadvantages of where we stayed except for the fact we had to make sure we were at the shuttle before the second park closed for the evening.

I actually am a big fan of rainforest cafe. they actually do have decent food and I LOVE the atmosphere. I hear T-Rex and rainforest cafe have alot in common so I am curious to finally go there and see what I think of it. My brother said they have really good drinks so I really want to try one of them!!!! While I do love rainforest cafe I haven't been to either Disney Rainforest cafe. I didn't even know they had a rainforest cafe in Disneyland. I have three Rainforest cafe's near me (one is 15 minutes away from my house) so I guess that's why I never really go there when i'm on vacation.

I'm curious to hear what you guys thought of Disneyland's Downtown Disney. I wasn't a big fan of it but I keep hearing I went at a weird time and I didn't make the right choices about where to eat and stuff. We went in the early evening which is probably one of the more crowded times to go there and ate at the counter service part of naples. I LOVED marcellines though so that was a saving point and I really enjoyed there world of Disney which helped as well.

Great update :). Paradise Pier seems like a fun place to stay but I keep not hearing good things about it, what did you guys think? When I was in Disneyland we stayed off property because my mom's friend that we went with has a bunch of marriot points so we used those. Unlike Disney world where staying on property makes a HUGE difference, we didn't really notice any setbacks or disadvantages of where we stayed except for the fact we had to make sure we were at the shuttle before the second park closed for the evening.

We have nothing but good things to say about Paradise Pier. We were very pleased with it. I do think staying on Disney property made a difference in our trip. Other than when we rented the car and went into LA we always felt in the "Disney bubble". We loved walking to the parks and DTD and never seeing the outside world.

I actually am a big fan of rainforest cafe. they actually do have decent food and I LOVE the atmosphere. I hear T-Rex and rainforest cafe have alot in common so I am curious to finally go there and see what I think of it. My brother said they have really good drinks so I really want to try one of them!!!! While I do love rainforest cafe I haven't been to either Disney Rainforest cafe. I didn't even know they had a rainforest cafe in Disneyland. I have three Rainforest cafe's near me (one is 15 minutes away from my house) so I guess that's why I never really go there when i'm on vacation.

RFC owns TRex and we really like their food too :)

I'm curious to hear what you guys thought of Disneyland's Downtown Disney. I wasn't a big fan of it but I keep hearing I went at a weird time and I didn't make the right choices about where to eat and stuff. We went in the early evening which is probably one of the more crowded times to go there and ate at the counter service part of naples. I LOVED marcellines though so that was a saving point and I really enjoyed there world of Disney which helped as well.

The only meal we had at DTD was at RFC but we enjoyed roaming the shops and the live music.

So exciting to start reading your TR! We originally were planning to go to DL this year, but opted for WDW instead (not that it's a bad thing!)...headed out tomorrow in fact!

Can't wait to learn all about DL and hopefully plan my own trip there someday!:thumbsup2

So exciting to start reading your TR! We originally were planning to go to DL this year, but opted for WDW instead (not that it's a bad thing!)...headed out tomorrow in fact!

Can't wait to learn all about DL and hopefully plan my own trip there someday!:thumbsup2

Thank you :)
You can't beat a Disney vacation whether its DL or WDW. I hope your trip is filled with pixie dust :tinker:

Yay! I'm indeed ready to get the party started.

How did you guys like LAX? When we go to Disneyland, we always try to fly into Santa Ana instead. The last time I was in LAX it was kinda icky, so I don't know if it's different at all.

The walking distance factor is one of the best things in Disneyland.

I always fly SWA and I have always been able to sit with Denny. I never pre pay. Even when I'm in the end of the B group its never an issue. I actually like the way SWA boards. Everyone just finds an empty seat and sits. I think its faster than looking for a seat.

Glad your flight was uneventful. Nice view from the plane.

Yay for arriving! :cool1: I love how everything is so close at DL.

I haven't eaten at the RFC for years. Glad you guys enjoyed your meals. Everything looks relish.

Your trip is off to a smooth start!

Yay! I'm indeed ready to get the party started.

:)

How did you guys like LAX? When we go to Disneyland, we always try to fly into Santa Ana instead. The last time I was in LAX it was kinda icky, so I don't know if it's different at all.

We saw very little of LAX but it seemed fine.

The walking distance factor is one of the best things in Disneyland.

Yes it is. My biggest complaint about WDW is all the time spent on overcrowded buses so I loved the close proximity!

I always fly SWA and I have always been able to sit with Denny. I never pre pay. Even when I'm in the end of the B group its never an issue. I actually like the way SWA boards. Everyone just finds an empty seat and sits. I think its faster than looking for a seat.
That's good to know. Once we became familiar with their boarding procedure it wasn't an issue and I agree that it seems to go faster.

Glad your flight was uneventful. Nice view from the plane.

Wish we could have said the same thing about the flight home :scared:

Yay for arriving! :cool1: I love how everything is so close at DL.

I haven't eaten at the RFC for years. Glad you guys enjoyed your meals. Everything looks relish.

Your trip is off to a smooth start!

I do too.

The trip was off to a great start and it just got better from there! :)

Yayyy! You've started! We have never flown Southwest either just because of the seating - I am a bit of a control freak:rolleyes1
So what made you choose Paradise Pier over the other two places? I don't know much about any of the DL resorts.
Rainforest is always a fun spot!
Can't wait to hear more!!!!

Yayyy! You've started! We have never flown Southwest either just because of the seating - I am a bit of a control freak:rolleyes1
So what made you choose Paradise Pier over the other two places? I don't know much about any of the DL resorts.
Rainforest is always a fun spot!
Can't wait to hear more!!!!

I can relate to the control thing. I like to know just what to expect :rotfl:

Good question. What made us go with Paradise Pier is that Caitlin had seen pics from a "theme park view" room and wanted to wake up to that sight every morning.

I am SO excited to hear about this trip! Sounds like it off to a great start. I would love to go to DL one day. I agree with you that the buses are the worst part of DW, I am not a patient person.

I am SO excited to hear about this trip! Sounds like it off to a great start. I would love to go to DL one day. I agree with you that the buses are the worst part of DW, I am not a patient person.

Thank you. Yes the whole trip was pretty perfect :)
Me either :rotfl:

I can't even wrap my mind around the fact that you just WALKED to DTD! I imagine that going to DLR would be more relaxing not having to rush to try to catch buses or see them just pass by.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter