How Much Was It?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!!!UPDATE 5/12/14 PG 30

Welcome to... Fantasyland morning.

Yeah, you're too young to get that...
Heck, Your mom is too young to get that.

:confused3

Cool!

Well... Of course she did!

Yeah my grandma was pretty excited!

That is pretty cool.
Did they have the "flying over London" part, too?
That's always been my favorite part of the ride.

They did! It was close to the same scene I think :confused3 it's just so hard to take pictures in that area!

And it looks like she's staring right at you!
Run Caitlin! Run!

:rotfl:

Ooohh... you must've gotten a shiver from that.

I got goosebumps it was a very cool moment!

Doesn't work.
Both my DDs have a guinea pig...

Didn't help.

Yeah we have three dogs they don't know how to clean up either.

Is it just me? Or does this ride look better than WDW's, too?

Everything does!!! It's a rule everything is better at DL :rotfl2:

Never rode it.
And it was gone before I realized I hadn't been on it! :laughing:

Probably just the nostalgia.

Gee... I wish I could say that people miss IASW because it was gone.

:rolleyes:

My mom would cry if they shut it down so I try to keep my loathing to a minimum :rotfl2:

And you either still have it or want one.

Deny it if you can.

I might want one :thumbsup2

Just how much did you kick yourself for not getting a picture?

A lot!

Wow. Does that ride ever bring back memories of 20,000 Leagues.
Loved that ride.

My dad mentioned the likeness as well!

:laughing: You're probably right!

That is nice.
Guess it doesn't rain quite as often as it does in Florida.

I don't think so I think it's usually pretty mild.

Hmmm.... Maybe if I had headphones on with the volume cranked....

Nah.

Hard to tell.... did you enjoy it?

:rolleyes:

Of course!

That really surprised me.
I would not have thought that DL would have Innoventions

Since they don't have an Epcot they put Innoventions in here.

Whoops!

This area is so cool!
I could easily see myself spending a lot of time here.

A lot.

It was cool the check out

Have you ever seen Chaplin?
If you haven't... rent it.
His only film where he was nominated for an Academy Award (in a leading role)

I will have to see if Netflix has it!

Yup.
I think I have to go there. Just for that.

You do!

:laughing: That sounds like fun!

Thanks for all that.
Really got to see what all the rides are like thanks to all the photos.
Looking forward to more! :goodvibes

No problem!

Thank you for reading!

When I last left off we were headed for Story Time!

In this area they have a cast retell the story of Rapunzel and of Beauty and the Beast our show was Rapunzel!

Before the show they had some of the actors come out and interact with the audience and let us know what we had to say when characters came out. When Mother Gothel came out we were supposed to boo her!

Now there aren't a ton of set pieces so the cast made the props!

See the two girls creating Rapnuzel's "window"

They did the Mother Gothel reversed age by switching side with the wig! The other side was all white! That is also a man in drag btw

and of course Flynn Ryder showed up!

and the scene with the lanterns was as beautiful as ever!

It was a very cute show and we all laughed and enjoyed ourselves!

We decided to head back to the Lost Friends area to see if anyone new was out today!

They had Peter Pan and friends!

Herc and his pals were back!

It was still awesome seeing Hades!

We chose Pinocchio and Pals line because Hercules was already packed and we didn't want to end up meeting Tarzan again!

While waiting in line Pinocchio started messing with a family's belongings when the CM confronted him he said he hadn't done anything

That cane is his nose growing from lying :lmao:

Once we were up I got some great hugs!

and pictures!

It was then time for lunch! We were headed back to the Plaza for their counter service lunch!

This is my lunch which tasted just as healthy as it looks #glutenfreeproblems

This was Mom and Dad's

Overall the food was enjoyable but I would have liked some mashed potatoes!

We had some more rides to hit up after lunch which included Winnie the Pooh! Once again everything is better in DL!

These ride vehicles are waaayyy too adorable!

Okay so the ride vehicles are better and I do like that it's semi outside but I am not a huge fan of how much of a "dark ride" this is at DL. By that I mean a lot of incandescent paint!

Idk I guess in WDW it just looks more realistic :confused3:rotfl2:

I just love how happy Pooh looks in this pic!

HOORAY!

The gift shop for this ride is adorable!

and has treats!

I had to get one of these babies!

It's called a tigger tail and is marshmellow covered in carmel covered in chocolate covered in sugar and covered in some more chocolate!!! It does not sound like anything I would ever eat but I had to add some junk in to my diet considering I ate wayy too healthy at lunch :rotfl2:

Oh and it tasted amazing!

We headed out and saw the Columbia

We would be seeing this later tonight in Fantasmic!

and we continued to make our way out of the park!

But we were stopped because someone insisted on seeing Abraham Lincoln

Now I love my mom you all know that but whenever she picks something that dad and I are not too fond of (for example the American Adventure show) she makes dad and I watch it while she falls asleep!!! :rolleyes2 So yes it was her idea to take time out to see this and she promptly fell asleep!

It may be a conspiracy for her to get nap time in. Muahahhaa make Dale and Caitlin suffer through this while I get my beauty rest!

Once mom was awoken from her slumber we headed to DCA!

Next up our afternoon at DCA where I fall in love with a different mouse!

The live action show looks like a lot of fun! I like how the pooh ride goes outside. Does it seem like DL has more rides that go outside? I guess maybe because it doesn't rain as much there. The tigger tail looks yummy!
I have a gluten question for you. I guess I assumed gluten free could not have flour based items so I wondered why you were unable to have the mashed potatoes?

Linda

Before the show they had some of the actors come out and interact with the audience and let us know what we had to say when characters came out. When Mother Gothel came out we were supposed to boo her!

:laughing: That should instill confidence into the actor.

See the two girls creating Rapnuzel's "window"

It took me a second, but I got it!

They did the Mother Gothel reversed age by switching side with the wig!

Cool.

The other side was all white! That is also a man in drag btw

What? Shortage of women actors?

We chose Pinocchio and Pals line because Hercules was already packed and we didn't want to end up meeting Tarzan again!

I think I understand.
Caitlin is more attracted to wooden puppets than buff shirtless men.

Gotcha.

That cane is his nose growing from lying :lmao:

:laughing: Good idea!

Nice shot of the family! :thumbsup2

This is my lunch which tasted just as healthy as it looks #glutenfreeproblems

um..... no.

Overall the food was enjoyable but I would have liked some mashed potatoes!

::yes::

Okay so the ride vehicles are better and I do like that it's semi outside but I am not a huge fan of how much of a "dark ride" this is at DL. By that I mean a lot of incandescent paint!

Wait a sec. You just said that everything's better at DL.

I had to get one of these babies!

It's called a tigger tail and is marshmellow covered in carmel covered in chocolate covered in sugar and covered in some more chocolate!!!

And zero calories! How does Disney do it!?!?

It does not sound like anything I would ever eat but I had to add some junk in to my diet considering I ate wayy too healthy at lunch :rotfl2:

:lmao:

Now I love my mom you all know that but whenever she picks something that dad and I are not too fond of (for example the American Adventure show) she makes dad and I watch it while she falls asleep!!! :rolleyes2 So yes it was her idea to take time out to see this and she promptly fell asleep!

It may be a conspiracy for her to get nap time in. Muahahhaa make Dale and Caitlin suffer through this while I get my beauty rest!

:lmao: Although I do not believe for a second that your mom needs beauty rest.

Still... pretty sneaky.

Next up our afternoon at DCA where I fall in love with a different mouse!

A different mouse? Intriguing. Can't wait for more! Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

The live action show looks like a lot of fun! I like how the pooh ride goes outside. Does it seem like DL has more rides that go outside? I guess maybe because it doesn't rain as much there. The tigger tail looks yummy!
I have a gluten question for you. I guess I assumed gluten free could not have flour based items so I wondered why you were unable to have the mashed potatoes?

Linda

It was!

It did seem like that! I am guessing because the weather is nicer :confused3

It was soo good!

I have no idea! I think it may have been in a contaminated area :confused3 I also usually can't have gravy because that can be flour based.

:laughing: That should instill confidence into the actor.

He took it okay

It took me a second, but I got it!

Cool.

What? Shortage of women actors?

I am not entirely sure but the hosts were male and took on different roles throughout.

I think I understand.
Caitlin is more attracted to wooden puppets than buff shirtless men.

Gotcha.

:rotfl2: No I just don't like waiting in long lines!

:laughing: Good idea!

Nice shot of the family! :thumbsup2

um..... no.

::yes::

Wait a sec. You just said that everything's better at DL.

It was better but not as better as everything else was :thumbsup2

And zero calories! How does Disney do it!?!?

:rotfl2:

:lmao:

:lmao: Although I do not believe for a second that your mom needs beauty rest.

Still... pretty sneaky.

:rotfl2: That's sweet of you she is pretty sneaky!

A different mouse? Intriguing. Can't wait for more! Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

Thank you for reading!

Cute picture! What a great character meet and great!

So yeah - your lunch did look especially healthy. I don't blame you at all for getting the Tiger Tail. I've heard they are quite good.

How did you think your mom was going to resist falling asleep after eating fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and a biscuit? :rotfl: Seriously post lung lethargy food!

Great update!

Thanks Caitlin re: the gluten question.
Oh and I forgot to comment on the Pinocchio pictures. LOVE THEM! I want a Jiminey cricket picture so bad. He used to meet in Animal Kingdom and then I read that a few weeks before my last trip that they had pulled him so I never got to get one done.

Cute picture! What a great character meet and great!

So yeah - your lunch did look especially healthy. I don't blame you at all for getting the Tiger Tail. I've heard they are quite good.

How did you think your mom was going to resist falling asleep after eating fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and a biscuit? :rotfl: Seriously post lung lethargy food!

Great update!

Thank you!

Yeah it was most gluten free stuff is. It was sooo good!

Idk but she definitely couldn't resist the quick nap :rotfl:

Thank you!

Thanks Caitlin re: the gluten question.
Oh and I forgot to comment on the Pinocchio pictures. LOVE THEM! I want a Jiminey cricket picture so bad. He used to meet in Animal Kingdom and then I read that a few weeks before my last trip that they had pulled him so I never got to get one done.

No problem!

Aw I hope you get to see him at some point!

I have slowly been reading this over the past few days. I am loving it! I wish I had seen this back in Feb. I went on mt first DL trip at the end of Feb and also flew out of Detroit...and found some great prices for the flight too. In fact it was cheaper than my March flight to Florida.

I am sad to say we never actually went into Trader Sams and I will have to remedy that on my next trip. (hopefully next year). It's fun to see all the same things we did and also all the different things you did that I didn't. Just another reason for me to go back. Sadly a lot was down for refurbishment while I was there.
Those rare character meets are so cool. I would love to find that some time...at either coast!

I will have to go read your other TR's now because I am loving this one so much. I also can't wait to read about your college program.

I have slowly been reading this over the past few days. I am loving it! I wish I had seen this back in Feb. I went on mt first DL trip at the end of Feb and also flew out of Detroit...and found some great prices for the flight too. In fact it was cheaper than my March flight to Florida.

I am sad to say we never actually went into Trader Sams and I will have to remedy that on my next trip. (hopefully next year). It's fun to see all the same things we did and also all the different things you did that I didn't. Just another reason for me to go back. Sadly a lot was down for refurbishment while I was there.
Those rare character meets are so cool. I would love to find that some time...at either coast!

I will have to go read your other TR's now because I am loving this one so much. I also can't wait to read about your college program.
It's crazy how expensive Florida flights have gotten!

You definitely will have to go! It is so much fun! That's too bad about the refurbs going on! Although I like new things at disney refurbs can be a pain!

I am glad you're enjoying the TR! I am very excited to start and be able to write about it!

When I last left off Mom had gotten a little nap while Dad and I were forced to watch Abraham Lincoln. We were park hopping quite a bit today so we headed over to DCA next!

The entrance looks so similar to DHS!

When you walk in you are greeted with the Buena Vista Street Area

We were headed to Hollywoodland!

We got FPs for TOT which were good in about 10-15 minutes so we relaxed a bit!

and eventually it was time

Once again the old adage "everything is better in DL" extended to TOT

TOT just felt more like a hotel since you walk right in and don't have to go through a huge garden.

There is a really cool part of this ride where you are shown your elevator in a mirror and then everyone disappears!!!!! How awesome is that?! The rest was pretty similar but the layout of this ride and that mirror bit had it win the cake for best TOT out of DL and WDW.

I think the picture shows we enjoyed it!

So we had to ride it again! This time a couple had given us their TOT FPs!

We had worked up quite an appetite walking over to the other park and going on TOT so it was time for a snack

The sundae was my dad's and the ice cream bar was mine! I was so excited to try this! It's a make your own ice cream bar and you choose the toppings and coating and ice cream!

I went with Raspberry Sorbet

We both loved our ice cream and then had to run over to Hyperion Theater it was time for Aladdin!

There will be a ton of pictures so I will probably end the update after this show :laughing:

Igao and Jafar talking about who will go in to the Cave of Wonders

"How about we get this handsome guy with the microphone on his head to do it?!"

Aladdin enjoys his belly dancers :laughing:

and bread! Look how he is serenading it and caressing it!

Looks like the belly dancer likes him too!

Oh no that street rat got caught!

But now he's free!

and has a pretty princess checking him out

So they decide to chop his arm off

But Jafar says "hey I will get you out of here if you go in the Cave of Wonders and don't touch anything"

Aladdin may have been having some second thoughts

I mean what thief wouldn't want this stuff?!

And a cool rug!

Very happy to have found each other!

So Aladdin rubs the lamp and out pops the Genie

The Genie was hilarious and I loved him!

I find the nipples added on to the body suit to be quite funny!

Time to boogie!

You ain't never had a friend like him!

Time for the kick line!

So Genie turns Aladdin in to Prince Ali

Yep they have an elephant come through the audience!

and he makes offerings to the Princess

I would be pretty stoked if I was riding an elephant too!

Ali asks for Jasmine's hand in marriage

She is kinda iffy on the whole thing so he is like "hey I have a magic carpet let me take you for a ride on it"... :laughing:

I think it's working!

Yep he did it!

Aladdin's face is pretty creepy in this picture and he looks like he is having bad thoughts

So Jafar is like "hold up! I wanted to marry the princess and be powerful" so he steals the lamp

and chains up Aladdin

and Jafar turns in to a big snake!

I don't think punching it will help Aladdin

This is one scary Genie!

But of course everything works out and Aladdin and Jasmine get married!

and fly in to the sunset to live happily ever after

So they had the entire cast come out to bow at the end and I just wanted to focus on a really cool part of the cast

I thought that Disney including her was awesome! I don't mean to call her out because of being in a wheel chair but I just thought seeing her in the show was just another piece of proof of how amazing Disney is! They welcome everyone and give them special spots in their cast and that is just really great!

It was an amazing show!

Next up more fun at DCL!

The Aladdin shows looks cool but to counter your argument that everything is better in DL, Jasmine is better in WDW. ;) :lmao:

We LOVED the Aladdin show...and it is still playing, they have not shut it down, though they have talked about doing so for a few years now.
I thought it was one of the best shows I have seen at a park. The sets were so awesome!

We LOVED the Aladdin show...and it is still playing, they have not shut it down, though they have talked about doing so for a few years now.
I thought it was one of the best shows I have seen at a park. The sets were so awesome!

Oh okay I thought they had shut it down after the Broadway show started and they were talking about doing a new one :confused3 Good to know people can still see it!

It was amazing! The entertainment at these parks are just amazing!

Oh okay I thought they had shut it down after the Broadway show started and they were talking about doing a new one :confused3 Good to know people can still see it!

It was amazing! The entertainment at these parks are just amazing!

It's also on the Disney Fantasy. My friend saw it there as well, but said it was better in DL because of the props that they used compared to the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter