How Old Were You... When you first purchased DVC?

HOW OLD WERE YOU, WHEN YOU FIRST PURCHASED DVC?

• Under 20

• 20-25

• 26 - 30

• 31 - 35

• 36 - 40

• 41 - 45

• 46 - 50

• 51 - 55

• 56 - 60

• 61 - 65

• 66 - 70

• over 70

Results are only viewable after voting.

DisDaydreamer

I have this DIS-ease
I thought this was a very interesting question posed by tacomaranch , but I have a hard time quantifying the results. so... let's do this in a poll.

HOW OLD WERE YOU... WHEN YOU FIRST PURCHASED DVC?

I believe I was 34. I really wish :wizard: I would have purchased when we 1st looked years ago when OKW was opened!!

DW and I bought the year after we were married, making us 23 and 24 respectively. Many told us that it was one of the worst financial decisions that we could have made at the time, but we have never been sorry about our purchase!

We were late bloomers, we were in our late 50's. However, since we bought to have a very happy 85th Birthday Party for DMom, I think (hope) we'll have many more years to enjoy our purchase.

I keep buying add ons so we can keep on going on down! (Just in case we don't have many years left.) :teeth:
Bobbi :goodvibes

I was 29. The really funny thing is that we've now owned for five years, but I'm still 29. :confused3

Not young enough !!! :rotfl2:

Gosh .. when the contract ends... I'll be 97!!! :eek: :eek:

Hummmmm...... wonder what they will be selling then??.... :rolleyes:

I purchased when I turned 48. A sort of early retirement gift, so that when that time comes I will always have a Disney vacation to look forward to every year. I will even be able to go during slow seasons for longer periods!

When we bought I was 34 and my DH was 33. I too wish we bought sooner! It was the best thing we ever did!!!!

I bought in to DVC this past April. I was 25 when I bought, and wish I would have done this earlier. :)

We bought in 2004. I was 31, Husband 32. We decided that buying into this would "force" us to make time for vacation every year. It is, without a doubt, the best thing we have ever done for our family! And to think that we have so many years left to look forward to.... Can't wait to add more points when can afford it!

I bought when i was 26 and everyone said it was a stupid investment. My parents had the most to say that i should not have done it.
Funny thing, everyone (parents, 2 brothers and their families, BIL, SIL, and inlaws)had their first disney vacation on me. Gee all 6 neices and nephews ask when they can go again and the family loved it. they could not believe how beautiful the hotels were. (BWV, BCV and OKW). How much they all enjoyed themselves.
Now that they all had their first trip on me, who is laughing now. i have been going for 10 years now. Now when i say we are going to Disney they all say,
"I wish we were going too" or "Your so lucky to go again"

:banana:

Interesting thread from late '06. I guess I am reviving it...

We were in our early 30's when we bought. That seems to be the largest segment of the poll responses also.

The best part of the timing of our purchase was that our guide was smart enough to point out how many people say "I wish I would have purchased DVC many visits ago." We took the tour on the last day of our first trip to WDW. We ended up purchasing DVC just a few days after that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter