How old would you say are the "youth" of today?

Kitty 34

Hums in her sleep
My brother and I were discussing this topic this morning. He had read an article referring to today's youth so we were just talking about what ages is that?

Not a debate just wondering what you guys would answer.......:)

I just googled and the UN defines it as 15-24.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Youth

No fair. You googled.

My 4 kids are 17 -25. I would agree with up to 24.

My kids have been raised rather conservatively compared to other kids they know (from dysfunctional homes, raised by grandparents, families scraping by always, etc.)and in a suburban area, without much in the way of city smarts. So they are naive on some things in the world and learning as they are exposed to it.

Oldest son married at age 23, is now 25, and lives in a major city on their own and travels weekly to other major cities. He studied abroad for 5 weeks one summer. So I definitely say he's not a youth anymore.

Our 22 year old is less outgoing and lives a quieter homebodylife. He's in year 5 of a 7 year college program. Still has some things to learn and navigate about the world, but I am confident he'll be okay by the time he graduates and gets a real job.

I do think some of the cultural push for kids to go to college has slowed some kids down in achieving adult status sooner.

My parents generation and the 2 generations before, a lot of kids were drafted out of high school or off the family farm and sent to war. They had to grow up in a hurry.

In the US would say like 16-30. I'm 48. "Youth(s)" strikes me as the space between children and adults. Interestingly I think I would have put the upper end lower maybe10 years ago--I think I might have put it as lows as 24 or even 22. I suppose it must just be that I'm older, but it doesn't seem that way--I really feel like today's twenty-somethings are just different than in the past...

Can't say this is something I have ever given any thought to, as someone approaching her mid-30s I would say under 25ish. A couple years ago I would have said someone under 20.

Anyone under 30.

ETA: I am in my late 40s.

Yup, anyone under 30 and I'm 62. Under 30s are still gaining life and work experience.........over 30 you've starting to get both and life and work experience. As the under 30's at my work call it.......they are still learning to "adult".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter