How Strict Are You With Social Distancing?

I came off a lot more selfish then I ment to I do
No one has ever been locked in their house.

I was secred out of my mind for the longest time during the stay at home order I was afraid of getting arrested for leaving my house, I was afraid of the police coming by my hime during zoom calls thinking I was having a party when I was not

Flame suite on for the above post however kerp in mind i know my anxiety is high and in counseling as well as medication

I ventured to WalMart today with my cousin to do some food shopping. I had my mask on, was all ready to do my civic duty and social distance...but almost nobody else was complying. After the third person physically brushed by me I asked to be taken home. I just said I was too tired, but it was really because I was freaked out by everyone's disregard.
...off-topic, but shouldn't your username be "Pink Lady"? :teeth: [LOVE it! :thumbsup2 ]

I'm sorry your walk was spoiled, but seeing you without a mask probably spoiled their walk as well. Part of the challenge of all of this is going to continue to be people not being on the same page. People out hoping for a relaxing walk outside where they do not have to feel anxious might lose that possibility when they see that others are not taking similar precautions. Whether or not that is something you need to consider when you go out is up to you.
But ironically you sorta prove their point. I don't really agree with their actual wording used though.

I came off a lot more selfish then I ment to I do

I was secred out of my mind for the longest time during the stay at home order I was afraid of getting arrested for leaving my house, I was afraid of the police coming by my hime during zoom calls thinking I was having a party when I was not

Flame suite on for the above post however kerp in mind i know my anxiety is high and in counseling as well as medication
....you need a HUG....from a respectable distance, of course....:flower2:

I agree with you on the outside mask wearing. It's puzzling to me. Over the weekend as I was driving around and on a rural (for this area) road with a large shoulder, there were some "amateur" bike riders. They were cycling on the shoulder, all with masks on. Made no sense to me and it looked as if they were having a hard time of it. I see plenty of people out jogging and walking with them on. These are sparsely populated trails not Central Park or anything.
Our parks have signs posted requiring masks, I think it’s nuts.

I agree with you on the outside mask wearing. It's puzzling to me. Over the weekend as I was driving around and on a rural (for this area) road with a large shoulder, there were some "amateur" bike riders. They were cycling on the shoulder, all with masks on. Made no sense to me and it looked as if they were having a hard time of it. I see plenty of people out jogging and walking with them on. These are sparsely populated trails not Central Park or anything.
We've been to the parks multiple times. I've only seen 1 group (2 girls) who were sitting down in the middle spot of grass with masks on. I don't think people would think twice about not wearing a mask with all the available parks to go to. Last weekend for Memorial Day on Sunday we went to a park and sat under a tree (by the way the oak mites are out lol) in non-usable soccer field (nets were gone). Nary a soul near us. There was a trail nearby but no one was crowded or anything. The park we went to is 120 acres and represents just one of the many you can go to in my area. Another park we go to is 170 acres. You'd have to work really hard (or choose to purposefully) be around areas that have more people; even then people really don't choose to be clustered close together.

The rule here in CT just outside NYC is social distance, if you can't, wear a mask and no gatherings of groups larger than 5. So I just follow the rules. Not overly concerned about the virus as I was when it first started. Was able to play a round of golf (masks not required) memorial day weekend and it was nice to be out. Beaches are open and we allow our kids to see friends as long as they follow the rules. People are definitely more out and about. Next is dinner out for us.

Last edited:
And sometimes a person may prefer purchasing 2 liters of pop for instance from the display rather than actually go in the aisle so they aren't around people that long. But in all honesty I haven't seen too much issues with those middle displays, in fact they almost act like a nice barrier because at stores like Walmart without them people I think would more crowd that main aisle because there's more space and could stop in the middle with their carts more (because they see more space people can just go around me).
I was thinking those displays could be moved to the side. The way my closest Target is set up, the women's clothing is right next to the wide aisle running perpendicular to the checkout lanes. I was thinking it might be possible to just move the clothing racks further in and these display (like racks with sunscreen) off to the side. As it stands now, there should be about 15 feet to work with, but then there's this 7x7 pallet of energy drinks that's right in the center of the aisle. Then there are customers lined up for checkout as well as people trying to get by. Of course one can just walk right through the clothing section, but for whatever reason most people don't.

I wear a mask in places of business, as required by my state. I will not wear one outdoors.
I will continue to wash my hands, try not to touch my face, and try to leave 6 feet of room while shopping.
However, my kids are now playing with neighborhood kids (outdoors) and other than reminding them to wash their hands, they are mostly free to be kids enjoying their summer.
We are also headed to the outer banks in our camper in 2 weeks. We will enjoy the beach with the other family we are camping with but hopefully not come into much contact with others.

Just so you know..MD has NOT fully opened. I live here..and we have barely started phase 2
Nor has MN. We still cannot eat our or get a haircut, or many other things. We can shop at stores, with greatly reduced capacity, and that's about it.

I am still social distancing & masking. Just hearing the news that the states that pretty much have opened nearly fully now have a major uptick in Covid. Florida, Georgia, Virginia, Alabama, Maryland, Mississippi, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Ohio, California and Arizona - really is worth your life or infecting loved ones to get a tan or haircut. Very very selfish to me.

If you have to work, as do I & DH, that is one thing but just because you are bored.

Do not lump all of CA with Los Angeles and the SF Bay Area. Two heavily populated areas don't represent the entire state.

My county has been given permission to move to the next phase, but we are not yet. And we still have some of the most restrictive rules around. We are not allowed any group gatherings outside of our own households, socially distanced or not. Under our order, we still aren't allowed to see our family/parents. Our beaches remained closed unless you can walk/bike in. Our restaurants JUST opened to patio seating. We can do curbside pick up at stores now.

The problem with such restrictive rules is that people have stopped listening to them and that makes it more dangerous. I'm all for opening slow, but not a snails pace. There was a definite shift over the weekend, and I'll say over the last two weeks of people not following any rules - no masks (despite them being required here), no social distancing, etc. And no shame in posting about it.

To answer the original question - we continue to get grocery delivery or do curbside pick up. We get take out. We where masks when and out & about, as required. We have done socially distanced get togethers/visits with family (all bringing our own food & chairs). Otherwise we continue to follow the rules set in our SIP order.

I am honestly also trying to figure out if I can go visit my family in another state at some point this summer. I do not want to bring the city to them, but at the same time, they have also been going out to stores in the same way I have, so I'm not sure it makes that big of a difference. I also have a roommate, so she would have to be comfortable with me coming back to our home afterwards. I find myself looking forward to it as if it's possible but I am not sure if it really is yet.

I am limiting my trips to the store to every other week. I am not socializing with those outside my home. I wear a mask when I’m outside, in public..

My state, California, has gone crazy with opening things. We went from a very logical cautious opening to letting too much open too soon without giving it time to see the effects.

As I have said on other threads. I will let others be the guinea pigs. I will continue to stay at home.

It depends on which part of CA. I live in Silicon Valley and we are still pretty locked down here. We still aren’t supposed to socialize in person with anyone outside your household. Masks are required in all stores and strongly encouraged in public. Most people here are wearing them. I haven’t seen an unmasked person in stores in two weeks! Retail was allowed to open for curbside pickup, but there’s no dine in at all for restaurants and salons still aren’t allowed to open. We seem to be a pretty compliant lot For the most part. at least in the parts of town I go to.

My husband and I work in tech so we are both working from home for the most part. I have to go into the office around once a week and they require temperature checks and masks. My husband works fo Apple and isn’t allowed into the office at all.

If I drive an hour and a half to the Central Valley where my mom lives I can get a haircut or eat in a restaurant but it just hasn’t seemed all that urgent yet.

I was thinking those displays could be moved to the side. The way my closest Target is set up, the women's clothing is right next to the wide aisle running perpendicular to the checkout lanes. I was thinking it might be possible to just move the clothing racks further in and these display (like racks with sunscreen) off to the side. As it stands now, there should be about 15 feet to work with, but then there's this 7x7 pallet of energy drinks that's right in the center of the aisle. Then there are customers lined up for checkout as well as people trying to get by. Of course one can just walk right through the clothing section, but for whatever reason most people don't.
Ah I gotcha, I think in my Walmarts at least the clothing has kinda a defined line where it starts on the floor.

TBH the behaviors I've seen is that the obstacles actually serve a way to keep a physical and visual line but that's purely my observation. I can understand your point that for you it seems it would give people more room to move around.

As far as walking by the clothing section yeah I generally do that, seems I can get to my destination faster that way lol

I’m curious about the reasoning behind wearing gloves. I saw some early in but it seems like the general public has gone away from that practice. I’ve never worn them for the purpose of protection from covid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter