How to cancel a dining reservation in MDE?

aggiedog

DIS Veteran
I have a few dining reservations in my MDE for our trip in March. I can't find anywhere in MDE to cancel the ones I don't want. Is this a glitch in the program or am I missing something?

I have a few dining reservations in my MDE for our trip in March. I can't find anywhere in MDE to cancel the ones I don't want. Is this a glitch in the program or am I missing something?
Find the reservation in “all plans”, click on it, it opens up details, click on “cancel”,
You will get an email confirming your cancellation.

I have "my plans", the reservations are shown by day - I can click on "view confirmation" and "show details" but neither takes me to someplace that has a "cancel" option. I do have a "remove my name" option on my two newest reservations.

Some are as close as an 1:05 next to each other - I was trying to get the right times for us. Are they actually already canceled now? I remember getting a warning when one reservation was too close to another on past trips, and did not receive anything with these.

ETA - I can't find a "cancel" button on the most recent reservations either.

I have "my plans", the reservations are shown by day - I can click on "view confirmation" and "show details" but neither takes me to someplace that has a "cancel" option. I do have a "remove my name" option on my two newest reservations.

Some are as close as an 1:05 next to each other - I was trying to get the right times for us. Are they actually already canceled now? I remember getting a warning when one reservation was too close to another on past trips, and did not receive anything with these.

Try opening My Disney Experience from the Disney World website. Sounds like the App isn’t working for you.

This was all on the computer to begin with. And trying dh's computer, same thing. Maybe I should try the app. I don't usually use the app since you can't filter by park when trying to make reservations. I get every dang restaurant with an opening for lunch in all of WDW.

So, the app has the cancel option. It must be a glitch with the website. Thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction.

So, the app has the cancel option. It must be a glitch with the website. Thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction.
You can filter the Dining locations in the app. Click on the icon that appears in the bottom right corner of your screen. It will give you options like locations, type of food etc.

The "remove my name" option makes it sound like MDE didn't think you we're the lead guest. Since you do have the cancel option on the app it must be some odd glitch.

For some reason i have had reservations which i had to call to cancel, but other reservations at lease showed me the option to cancel. If you can't find it online then just call. Usually they just need your reservation number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter