How to cure aching "park" feet??????

BamaTigger

DIS Veteran
I am always on my feet at work, I walk 2 miles 4 times a week, and Im in good shape.

SO WHY DO MY FEET ACHE SO BAD IN WDW?????????:confused:

I can spend the same amount of time in a park on my feet that I do at work and at the end of a Disney day, my feet are killing me!!!!!!!:(
I wear my comfy broken in New Balance shoes, and I dont want to have to call it quits early on this trip cause my feet hurt so bad! WHAT CAN I DO???????

Anyone have any remedies?????:(

I would also like to know how to avoid this! I don't get blisters or anything like that just very achy feet!
Grover in Winnipeg:)

One word... ibuprofen. I take 4 at the beginning of the day and 4 at the end of the day.... works like a charm.

I've heard recently that taking the ibuprofen a couple times a day starting a couple WEEKS BEFORE your planned (insert WDW trip here) works better than if you wait until you start hurting to take it. This is my game plan. ;)

That's interesting, jennymouse. I may just have to consider that.

As for Aleve, I've heard it works for some people, but for me, it's like taking a sugar pill... no relief in sight.

Along with taking meds, try excersizing those achy feet. No, I am not the first person to line up for the excersize queue but trust me it really does help. When you are standing in line or sitting down eating try drawing circles with your toes first in one directions and then in another. Also stretching your tendions that run up your back of your leg helps with those hurting heels and balls of your feet. While you standing in line or if you are next to a step or curb, put you toes on the step and let your heel hang down. The more you lean into the curb or step and feel the pull in the back of your leg the better your feet will feel. I like going up the walkway at MK Wedway(old name- sorry) and leaning forward as you ride up then stretching my poor feet out while riding around the park.
Also any socks that do not rub helps that burning feeling too.

Ibuprofen and feet exercises! :)

Thank you for the tips! My poor feet catch all the abuse!

Thanks guys!

Also a little foot cream at night helps some what to sooth aching feet. Any with peppermint works really well.
Twinz

I second using peppermint. I always take some along from Wal- Mart made by Dr Scholls. A minute or two after putting it on, your feet feel so cool that they're almost cold!:rolleyes:

Will the walmart brand ibuprofen work? :) Gotta penny pinch for my trip! :)

Peppermint foot cream...hhhmm...have to get some of that..never heard of it before!:o

BamaTigger, you mean they actually make brand name ibuprofen?;)

The only time I take Motrin or Advil is when they send me a free sample. Yes, the generics work very well.

I hadn't thought of the foot lotion. I got the peppermint stuff form Drugstore.com in a promotion they were running. I'll have to make sure to pack that, too.

;) @RUDisney!!! :)

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING!!!

Generic all the way for me!!! :)

I like Aleve when my sister buys it and gives me some...but it is expensive, especially as much as I take for my tendonitis. :(

Equate brand is just as good. Just double up on dosage works for me. :p

When DD broke her ankle, after getting the cast off, the doctor gave her a weird exercise. He told her to write the alphabet with her toes! Basically, raise your leg up, and "write" the letters with your toes without moving the rest of your leg. It exercises the ankle as well as the rest of the foot.

The peppermint leg and foot creams are awesome! Mary Kay has them as does I think Bath and Body Works.

Have a fabulous trip!
Kim

I have found a hot bath at night works wonders on unstiffening your feet when they are very achy..and then if you wake up achy in the morning, hop back in the hot tub and soak for a few minutes, works wonders for my feet.

After my bath at night I will put some Ben Gay on my sore feet and then a pair of clean socks..my DH does not think this is good for your feet, but it sure makes them feel better and nice and cozy for over night. Does anyone else do this, or know if it is harmful??

What does the Peppermint Oil do for your legs and feet??

My vote goes for the peppermint foot lotion .. Its really cooling! I usually give my feet a small massage while I'm putting the lotion on. Remember to take breaks during the day where your sitting down ;)

I'll remember the painkillers for next time

I think the reason the feet hurt so much here as opposed to when we all walk at home is we do a lot more standing in lines at disney than we do when we walk. Standing on cement hurts the feet. no matter what kind of shoes you wear.

About the bengay, your DH probably says that cause he hates the smell. If it would hurt you they wouldn't sell it. (unless of course you ingest it)

A kid at heart is right. There is nothing harder on your feet and legs than standing on pavement/concrete, regardless of what shoes you have. That's why those of us who are on our feet all day, and walk regularly, still feel it. I think the idea of 'preemptive ibuprofen sounds GREAT!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter