How to cure aching "park" feet??????

BamaTigger - Just to make sure I have enough ibuprofen I buy the two pack of 500 pills at Sam's Club! ;) It's usually under $10 too!

I think the peppermint along with the rubbing helps your circulation. I have some pepperming sloughing cream. It feels sooooo good when my husband rubs my feet with that stuff!

I get in the Hot shower, put it on pulsate, and let it hit my feet! BOY, does that feel good!:p Than, I rub my feet right before I go to sleep, and the next morning, I am ready to GO!;) I ONLY buy the name brand of Advil, as the generics do NOT work for me! I can buy 200 for 10.99 at Target!;)

I got an awesome cooling peppermint foot spray from Avon.

With my kids and me our feet would just ache so much.We don't have have great arches.So the Dr. said we need more arch support.So try the Dr Scholl arch cushions.Better yet Wal Mart has a cheaper brand they carry.I get the ones that take up half of the length of the shoe.You will be amazed on the out come if this condition is the root of your achy "hooves"This along with DH massaging ones feet always does the trick ;)
Heidi

If I ever bought a Dr. Scholl product my Podiatrist would kill me!

The body shop has a nice peppermint foot cream that I found and they also had a licorice one as well! I got one of each since it was buy one get one, so I'll have to see how they work on my trip next month.

not with a club just the ball. My dr said if you golf each day it not only helps the feet but other parts of the body,take a golf ball or any simmular size hard ball, with bare feet place foot on top of bal and roll ball all around put more pressure on areas you need.I know manny votes for other drugs but i find asprin is best for antiamflamitory issues. Just IMHO. Good luck.

Even if you change into the same kind of shoe -- pressure points will be different. Change socks, too.

I also carry wipes -- baby wipes, Biore, Dove -- lots of different ones to try. I wipe down my feet and let them breathe for a minute before I put my new, clean socks on.

I think I saw something similar to the peppermint lotion in a spray at CVS last weekend. It wasn't peppermint, though. It was in the Sally Hansen section with all the pedicure "stuff."

I will have to remember to pack a golf ball for the next trip. Thanks for that tip!

Sit down as much as you can while you are there. Don't rush your meals -- enjoy a sit-down meal and prop your feet up. We also "train" for Disney and walk or run before we go. So addicted!

All these suggestions are great!

First, though, a Disclaimer: Keep in mind, though, that I AM NOT A DOCTOR, nor is this official advice, just something I've been told will work for me. Ask your own doctor about this before you do it--everyone's medical situation is different.

You can mix Tylenol-type painkillers (generic label: acetaminophen or non-aspirin painkiller) with Advil-type anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs: Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs) because they act completely differently in the system--they don't interact with each other at all. I occasionally have really bad back pain, and my doctor tells me to take an anti-inflammatory and acetaminophen together--the anti-inflammatory gets the swelling down (it's not always visible, but helps cause the pain), while the acetaminophen helps my brain think it's not hurting in the first place.

Here's some common names of NSAIDs (anti-inflammatories) and their generic names:
Advil/Motrin - ibuprofen
Aleve - naproxen sodium (seen this at the grocery store)
Orudis KT - ketoprofen (not very widely available)
Bayer - aspirin

There's really only one over-the-counter painkiller safe to use with NSAIDs, and that's acetaminophen, known primarily as Tylenol. (It's called a non-opiod analgesic, if you want to get technical)

Remember, it's really important to have food in your stomach when you take any anti-inflammatory--they are very destructive to the stomach lining (yes, even Advil), and even a few crackers will make a difference. It's important to do this even if they don't upset your stomach, cause eventually it will hurt.

Oh yeah, one of the best things you can do is put ice on any sore spots, for up to 20 minutes. Rub a cube over the achy parts. Then, when you've warmed back up, take that hot bath and rub on the peppermint lotion (one of my favorites!).

=joye

At the end of the day, when it's too late to prevent the achy feet, I turn on the COLD water in the bathtub to full force, and put my feet under it (one at a time) for a minute or so, then rub them with peppermint foot lotion. It works for me!

I also wear good supportive, cushy walking shoes with insoles with great arch supports.

And when I get home from my vacation, I tell DH that I have to stay off of my feet for a few days to recover. About all I get out of that is sympathy, but every little bit helps!

Beth

I have to second the Mary Kay foot stuff (its called Energizing Foot & Leg lotion). Its peppermint scented, and fantastic!

Also, hot tub hot tub hot tub!

And of course, you do get that fun little foot massage from the moving sidewalk as you ascend towards the TTA! ;)

I always find that if I put peppermint cream or any other cream on my feet then they are more vulnerable to blisters. Anyone else have this problem?

My last trip I rotated shoes - brought 2 comfortable pairs with me. My feet did great!

The year before that I ended up with a ton of blisters. By rotating shoes, you're changing the pressure points on your feet slightly.

I am taking ibuprofen like ya'll said. 2 200 mg a day. :)

It helps already with my tendonitis. :)

Thanks everyone...

now i gotta get me some of that peppermint stuff...:)

Originally posted by BamaTigger
I am taking ibuprofen like ya'll said. 2 200 mg a day. :)

You might find that you need more than that. I sometimes take 800mg a day and it's still not enough!:rolleyes:

I have to put in another vote for ROTATING YOUR SHOES!!

I always bring the peppermint lotion (put some in your fanny pack and if you need to, just take a second, sit down on a bench, slip off your shoes/socks and put it on!!! :D )

But I cannot agree enough with rotating shoes.... if your feet start bothering you, sometimes all it takes is switching to a different pair of shoes to alleviate the problem. Even if you just take 2 different pair - it really works! And a new pair of socks mid-day makes your feet more comfortable, too.

Have fun!

jennymouse,

You are so smart!!!

I was coming back to this thread to ask opinions if I should take more than that....in about 4 hrs, it wears off...so I will take 4/ 200 mg and if that doesnt work, then I will just hit myself over the head with a hammer and knock my self out. :) LOL

Thank you jennymouse!!!!!!!!!!:wave:

Calm down, BamaTigger. We don't want you overdosing 7 days before your trip! As mentioned earlier, I'd also throw in a Tylonal every now & then too! I'm such a druggie! Not!:p

And even that's pushing it. Long-term use of Ibuprofen can damage your liver, especially at higher doses. I was on 800 mg/12 hours for over a year cause of my bad back (apparently I was supposed to use it short-term), and when my regular doctor found out how long I'd been taking it at such high dosage, she flipped!

In the short-term, it's (apparently) okay, unless you have a history of liver problems (including any sort of hepatitis), high blood pressure, etc. etc. Of course anyone with high blood pressure shouldn't take any anti-inflammatories, though my DH's doctor says Tylenol is fine.

=joye

A cure for the "Disney World Throb" as I call it...
one thing that works really well for me...
before I head out the door, I fill up the tub with really cold water and soak for a few min. Also, the another thing that works for me is to prop my feet up at the end of the day and before I fall asleep. This does wonders. the little exercises during the day keep the blood flowing!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter