How to cure aching "park" feet??????

When I was six months pregnant and on my first Disney trip several years ago, my feet hurt so bad after the second day I thought I was going to seriously have to use a wheel chair for our last day.

I soaked my feet in Johnson's foot soak I got from Walmart. We only had our ice cooler in the room, so I emptied it and filled it with hot water and the powder and soaked my feet for about 30 minutes. The next morning I was good to go. The cooler has never been the same either!

Try it.

Sam

I just purchased "gel socks" from Bath and Body for our up comming trip to DW. You're supposed to put them on aching tired feet for 20 minutes at the end of the day and they are supposed to make your feet feel better. Has anyone ever used them? They were alittle pricey but if they work then it would be worth the money, just hope that they're all that they're supposed to be:D Anyone have any info on them?

If you can get hold of any of the old coca cola bottles(with the ridges)these are a godsend - try and get 2 - put in the freezer or fridge and at the end of the day roll them under your feet - sheer bliss!!!

I know a little bit about this - as a volunteer EMS and also scuba diver (couple hundred pounds of equipment being lugged on your back in big long flippers...):D . Before you atart out for the day at WDW, take 800mg of Vitamin E - it will reduce any swelling you may have. I knoe someone suggested ibuprofen, which is ok for some, but may interfere with other meds, upset your stomach, and make you more susceptible to the sun. Also don't wear the same shoes 2 days in a row - Day 1 - walking shoes w/ padded socks; Day 2 -supportive sandals (I ike Birkenstocks), if the sole of the sandal isn't in leather wear padded socks, to absorb sweat and prevent blisters; Day 3 - mack to walking shoes, etc, etc......In between wearing the shoes, soak your feet in COLD not Hot water. Better yet, get some ice cubes in your bathtub and carefully pick up cubes with your toes. It may shock you at first but the movement of picking something up with your toes will prevent swelling as will the ice. Hope this helps everyone! It's worked wonders for me and my entire family for 20 years!

Just thought I'd add my family's solution to aches. Arnica gel or Arnica Cream. My dad swears by it for his Arthritus. And it certainly helped my elbow when I broke it earlier this year. I also use it when I've got achy feet from too much walking and achy body from too much gardening. Its an old fashioned remedy my dad only takes pills as a last resort.

I have to second the suggestion for the foot soak. I am not sure if it was Johnson's or not,but a family of a pt. at the hospital I work at(nursing) gave me a pack when I complained about my aching feet. Boy did it help that night when I got home.. I have to get myself some more of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter