How to make an easy tutu and hair bows~updated!

Can I just tell you how upset I was this morning...DD6 was soo into this over the weekend. I spent way more money than I should have and made some adorable bows for her. She went gaga over them as I made them. This morning we go to put it in her hair and she tells she decided she does not like them! Her words, "it makes me look too cute!" :scared:

So any suggestions what to do with them? What other projects are there that need a big bow? It is so addictive and I love making them!

Did you all know that Michaels is having a clearance sale on their ribbon. each roll is $1. It includes a bunch of their DISNEY ROLLS!!!!
Now get out there and go shopping!
::car::car::sail::moped:

I make hairbows, and sell them as my little business, making thousands of bows a year. There are tons of instructions/templates you can buy to help you... to help you get your loops even and creased properly. I know I have spent tons over the past 5 years on instructions and templates, and gained a little bit from each, so that I can whip them out quickly.

Anyway... there are other places that sell ribbon MUCH cheaper than Michaels- like $1.50- $5 for 100 yards! You may not need that much at one time, but it is easy to share the order with others! LMK if you want more info... don't want to promote other businesses on here, to go against any rules?!?!?!:confused:

You can make nifty Minnie Mouse appliqued TShirts w/ Wonder Under and put a bow on her head! Just make the bow w/out a clippie, and stitch it on or pin it on! :thumbsup2 It's simple and easy, if you are like me and don't have a embroidery machine!:rolleyes1

HTH someone!

Can I just tell you how upset I was this morning...DD6 was soo into this over the weekend. I spent way more money than I should have and made some adorable bows for her. She went gaga over them as I made them. This morning we go to put it in her hair and she tells she decided she does not like them! Her words, "it makes me look too cute!" :scared:

So any suggestions what to do with them? What other projects are there that need a big bow? It is so addictive and I love making them!

Oh, bummer! That sooo sounds like my DD4, though! She goes through stages where she REFUSES to wear hairbows saying they make her look like a baby! :rolleyes: That is until one of her little friends has a cute hairbow in and then all of the sudden it's fine again! ha!
Anyway...I also make painted signs and picture frames and since I've also started making bows now, I've started adding the bows to the signs and frames. I'll have to post pictures later when I'm on my other computer. But even if you don't paint signs or frames, you can always buy a cheap frame and dress it up by adding a cute ribbon.

Did you all know that Michaels is having a clearance sale on their ribbon. each roll is $1. It includes a bunch of their DISNEY ROLLS!!!!
Now get out there and go shopping!
::car::car::sail::moped:
Thanks for sharing! I am SO there as soon as I pick my DD up from school!

You can make nifty Minnie Mouse appliqued TShirts w/ Wonder Under and put a bow on her head! Just make the bow w/out a clippie, and stitch it on or pin it on! :thumbsup2 It's simple and easy, if you are like me and don't have a embroidery machine!:rolleyes1

HTH someone!
Ok, what's this Wonder Under stuff? Think I may need to go google!

MRNsMommy, thanks for the idea! I never really thought of putting it on a picture frame. Very Cute.

PS. I was very happy that she wore a smaller one today. I dropped her off and she was immediately complimented. Her teaher said that I should sell them. How happy was I to hear that???

Use the bows on presents or gift bags.
I've been known to spend more time and/or money on wrapping the present than shopping for it.

Is there anyway that you can post pictures of how to do the bows I just spent quite a bit of money cause i wanted to get my DD some bows for our August trip then of course found this site (better late than never) but all the pictures for how to do the barrettes are missing...my luck!! Is there anyway someone can post the steps to make one like this that would be so AWESOME
bow.jpg

Got my tulle so I hope to make some tutus this weekend....hopefully they come out looking normal :)

I posted this in another thread but I found this one to be more appropriate. This is my first attempt to make a hairbow. What do you think?
000_0088.jpg

000_0087.jpg

So I finally made a bow yesterday and OMG I love doing them! Now Im off to get more supplies to make more :) Sadly these are just for me a 30 (something) yr old women since I have 2boys. Anyone have any ideas on what I could make for them.. lol a hat??

here's my 1st attempt.
IMG_4151.jpg

question....
could one take a black slip (underskirt slip) and use it as the base for a petticoat tutu?
Then sew on a few rows of tule to the middle and bottom?
Maybe add a thicker elastic band for the waist?

could that look like a an alright pettiskirt / tutu?

I am thinking of a fast easy way to make a pettiskirt for a pirate costume and this is what came to mind.

question....
could one take a black slip (underskirt slip) and use it as the base for a petticoat tutu?
Then sew on a few rows of tule to the middle and bottom?
Maybe add a thicker elastic band for the waist?

could that look like a an alright pettiskirt / tutu?

I am thinking of a fast easy way to make a pettiskirt for a pirate costume and this is what came to mind.

I honestly don't know. One of the reasons that I do the easy no sew tutu's is that I do not own a sewing machine. :sad2:

I have done plain black tutu's for my girls pirate costumes. With cutting the tulle and tying the knots you can make one in an hour.

They wore them to Disneyland with jean shorts and white shirts under so they would be comfy. My oldest DD had taken off her tutu by this point..

DSC00208-1.jpg

I honestly don't know. One of the reasons that I do the easy no sew tutu's is that I do not own a sewing machine. :sad2:

I have done plain black tutu's for my girls pirate costumes. With cutting the tulle and tying the knots you can make one in an hour.

They wore them to Disneyland with jean shorts and white shirts under so they would be comfy. My oldest DD had taken off her tutu by this point..

DSC00208-1.jpg

Thank you for your help, I will see what I come up with.

FYI.... I know this pirate, he is always around when we visit DL. He is so good with the kids and a funny guy at that.

p.s. where did you get the belts things... they make the outfit great.

FYI.... I know this pirate, he is always around when we visit DL. He is so good with the kids and a funny guy at that.

That pirate is funny. The girls seem to see him every trip.

DSC00279.jpg

My girls are very blessed to have an Aunt that sews for them. She makes all of their costume pieces. I just do the bows and tutus. :thumbsup2

Hi Everyone,

Love the bows!! Is there a place where I could still see the pictures though? Most of the pictures say removed or something????

Shannon - AMAZING bows!! I love them - is AbbyGrace going to wear them? You are 1 talented lady!!!! I would LOVE some of the ribbons you found!!! My michaels doesnt even carry the disney ribbon!!! grrrr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter