How to make an easy tutu and hair bows~updated!

can you please re-post pictures with instructions on how to make the bows. I would really love to make these for my nieces.

Thank you

Hi guys! Just wanted to show you all what I've been working on. My dd and I

have been having so much fun.

So here are the bows we have made:

IMG_1537.jpg

IMG_1540.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

I just wanted to thank everyone for all of the help! :thumbsup2

Those are so cute!! How did you make them? Thanks

sorry for the newbie question, but if I type subscribe, does that mean I will automatically get the thread? If so, subscribe, subscribe, subscribe!! I am so excited about this forum! Thanks :) princess:

When you reply or post on the thread then you will get the updates. You can also just subscribe without posting at all.

I know this thread is older but I really want to do this. I went to Michael's and Jo-Anns but couldn't find Disney Ribbon anywhere. I bought some barrettes and the big clips.

I would really like to know where to get Disney ribbon and the sizes used. I know there is instruction videos somewhere but I am having trouble finding them. I quit looking on page 13. Anyone who started this still doing bows and could help?

Hi all,
I posted the tutu pictures not the bow pictures, but here is the instructions on youtube (not me). This is how I learned to make bows.

Post any questions you have.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HairHardware#p/u/15/yjDOfMoRvEY

The Disney ribbon is hit or miss at Michaels and oddly enough usually not by the other ribbon but on a random endcap. I usually use 1 1/12 inch ribbon. Costco sometimes has good ribbon it is like 50 yards for 7.00. Also WalMart sometimes has ribbon by the yard.

Hope that helps.

I found some Disney ribbon at Hobby Lobby last weekend. They had the princesses and fairies.
I love this thread :) I just started making bows and having SO MUCH FUN!
They also have super cute buttons in the scrapbook section at Michaels with mickey heads. I made pink bows and put the heads in the centers. They also had cute other center buttons that I used like the castle and carriage. Just sharing some ideas. Feel free to share back! I am on the search for new creative ideas!

Ok! Here is my first attempt at a tutu! I think it looks pretty darn good! And the DD9 looks pretty happy with it too I might add. I may make it a little shorter next time to make it more punk looking.

DD9 in the skirt:

DSCF4070.jpg

The actual skirt up close:

DSCF4068.jpg

Next try will be a Tinkerbell punk look! :laughing: I am addicted now.... thanks OP!

this thread is AWESOME!!!! :cool1: i'd love to make a few things for DD and our upcoming trip this fall but when looking through this thread a lot of the OP's pictures are gone! :scared1: can someone direct me to a place to find them??? and to all of the people that have created tutus or bows :worship: AMAZING!!!!

I read through this whole thread the other night and got inspired. I am not the craftiest person but I have given this a shot. Here is my very first hair bow!!

P3140054.jpg

Please forgive the blurriness. I am horrible at taking pics but wanted to share just the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter