How to make an easy tutu and hair bows~updated!

I made one for my dd4 yesterday and it came out just like the purple one someone just posted! It is light pink with black ribbon then I glued a black daisy on the hip and stuck little dragonflys here and there on the tulle.It was soooo easy.

I just finished making my DD4 her new tutu on Friday. We made her a BBB ressie for our next trip and her favorite princess is Jasmine and it's kinda hard finding a Jasmine costume and while I know it can be purchased at Disney I don't want to spend so much for something she may only wear for part of the day. So my other option was to make her a tutu in Jasmine inspired colors. I made her one for meeting Tink last year and it worked perfectly and since then she's worn it to school for a Pre-K dress up day and she's worn it a part of regular play around the house.

Last year it was my first time making one and I was pleased with the outcome and she looked adorable but this time around I knew what I was doing and it came out even better and I'm over the moon about the results. I was going to embellish it with a bit of ribbon and what not but my husband and I agreed that it didn't really need any of that it's perfect the way it is. It's hanging on the back of the door just waiting for us to pack it for our trip next month.

T.

I just finished making my DD4 her new tutu on Friday. We made her a BBB ressie for our next trip and her favorite princess is Jasmine and it's kinda hard finding a Jasmine costume and while I know it can be purchased at Disney I don't want to spend so much for something she may only wear for part of the day. So my other option was to make her a tutu in Jasmine inspired colors. I made her one for meeting Tink last year and it worked perfectly and since then she's worn it to school for a Pre-K dress up day and she's worn it a part of regular play around the house.

Last year it was my first time making one and I was pleased with the outcome and she looked adorable but this time around I knew what I was doing and it came out even better and I'm over the moon about the results. I was going to embellish it with a bit of ribbon and what not but my husband and I agreed that it didn't really need any of that it's perfect the way it is. It's hanging on the back of the door just waiting for us to pack it for our trip next month.

T.

I would love to see a pic of your Jasmine tutu.

Thanks for posting this. My 3-year old daughter lives in her tutu and it's getting ragged, but when I looked for some online, they were really expensive. I'm going to try this!

I made DD a blue and white (reversible) one to go with her Cinderella top for CRT. I don't have a picture yet because it is at my Mom's right now.

Super easy!! I will make her more for sure!

Ok my first attempt and im hooked. Did the korker cause it seemed easiest. This weekend its ribbon hunting time. Thanks for all the info with her hair being in pigtails I have spent a small fortune buying 2 of each big ribbon I love.
Hair2.jpg

Love them and your DD is so cute! Something I did....I bought the alligator clips for them. but DD has really really curly hair and is only 4 months old right now. If her hair is that curly now I can only imagine what it will look like. Robbie has super thick, super curly hair. I am thinking she got her hair from him. LOL Anyway, I put the bows on small pony tail holders. I am going to try them out on my niece when she gets here this summer.

Love them and your DD is so cute! Something I did....I bought the alligator clips for them. but DD has really really curly hair and is only 4 months old right now. If her hair is that curly now I can only imagine what it will look like. Robbie has super thick, super curly hair. I am thinking she got her hair from him. LOL Anyway, I put the bows on small pony tail holders. I am going to try them out on my niece when she gets here this summer.

That is what i did too...I just sewed her ribbons into them. Havent tried to do one with a barette yet.

I went out this wknd and bought the tulle to make some tutus, black and purple. I got home, starting cutting, attached a few pieces only to realize I had bought brown instead of black!:headache:
Now I have to go and buy more.

I found tulle on clearance at my Walmart for 25 CENTS a yard!!!! I totally scored and bought as much as I could. I have made one tutu so far, sort of. I still have to finish it. But I did find that I needed 5 yards of tulle to make a kids tutu.

I found tulle on clearance at my Walmart for 25 CENTS a yard!!!! I totally scored and bought as much as I could. I have made one tutu so far, sort of. I still have to finish it. But I did find that I needed 5 yards of tulle to make a kids tutu.

Our Walmarts up here in Canada no longer sell fabric. :mad:

Thank you so much! I just finished making my first tutu!!!! I am so excited about this! I have been wanting to make one for so long, but, your instructions made it so doable! Awesome! :yay:

I know this hasn't been posted in for a while but I wanted to say that I am going to try to make one. See my 19yr old DD wants one and I mentioned I saw this thread and would attempt to make one. :thumbsup2 She wants black and pink for an outfit she has. So if it comes out ok maybe I will make more for family friends? Wish me luck:wizard:

Ok! Here is my first attempt at a tutu! I think it looks pretty darn good! And the DD9 looks pretty happy with it too I might add. I may make it a little shorter next time to make it more punk looking.

DD9 in the skirt:

DSCF4070.jpg

GORGEOUS! And so is DD!!!princess:

I will quit posting my ooh's and ahh's...the items I have seen on this post and the Disboutiquers thread blow me away. What incredibly talented people!!!

ETA: Didn't realize how old these posts were when I was writing...not sure they will even know I was admiring their handywork.

Ok I have made 3. I made the first one just for fun and didn't look at the directions that well so it wasn't exactly perfect but it was great for my DD (19) for her Halloween costume. It's in deep pink and black supper fluffy. Looks a little punky but she loved it.

Her is my Cinderella one I made for a 2 year old

cinderellatutu001-2.jpg

cinderellatutu003-1.jpg

And this is my Tinkerbell one for a 7 year old

tutu003.jpg

tutu004-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter