How to survive the heat....

Hello All - I swore of WDW in the summer due to the weather, but last August we found ourselves there and I can report it wasn't as bad as I had envisiioned, but there is a part of me that believes we just got lucky and it wasn't an insanely humid week. We are going back this August......

The neck cooling towels were great. We also took water with us - some frozen, some cold and packed them in a small one of the bags seen below and put in our lightweight backback. The frozen ones still had ice in them 6 hours later.

I will also mention shoes, keeping your ankles and feet cool help! Black sneakers just absob the suns rays, go for light colored sneakers.

This year my parents (in their 70s and not in the greatest fitness shape) wanted to come. I have warned them and warned them....but they insist. I am more concerned about them right now and plan on making them a goodie bag full of needed items. Thanks all for your tips, off to make my list for them.
Capture 2.PNG

This year my parents (in their 70s and not in the greatest fitness shape) wanted to come. I have warned them and warned them....but they insist. I am more concerned about them right now and plan on making them a goodie bag full of needed items. Thanks all for your tips, off to make my list for them.
We’re in that same group, but fortunately we’re traveling alone and won’t be trying to keep up with grandkids or other family members. Our plan is to sleep in, stay in the room or the pool during the day and not venture out to the parks until near supper time, then close down the parks. So maybe you can plan your days in a way that keeps them indoors during the hottest part of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter