How to treat wart inside nostril?

snapppyd

God is Great, Beer is Good and People are Crazy!
I know this sounds gross, but I can't be the only one. I have two small warts right inside
my nostril. I went to the dermatologist. The PA gave me an antibiotic cream. I thought
warts were a virus? Doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Does anyone have a natural remedy that they have used and it worked? I've read about tea tree
oil, but also that it is poisonous.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I’d go to a different dermatologist. Tea tree oil may help but considering where they are I’d get that taken care of sooner rather than later. Usually they freeze them or put an acid application but they may want to cut them out if they’re in your nose?!

They are a virus, an antibiotic will do nothing for it. Go see an actual derm or PCP, do not go see a PA.

My ds just had one on his hand, his treatment was freezing it at the ped's office, and at home exfoliate it and apply Compound W every day for a few days. The other option was to get it cut out.
Not sure what can be done inside the nose but I'd go see a real doctor.

My son had a few warts on his hand including one under his nail bed on one of his fingers. The Dermatologist did a couple of things. He gave him a prescription strength cream but also injected the warts on his hands with something that triggers his body's immune response to fight the virus. It took two of these treatments a couple of months apart, but it worked.

My son had a whole lot on his hands. They gave him laser surgery to remove them. I would get a second opinion on it. They maybe could surgically remove them. It is good to see you here, not with this poor issue though. I will keep you in prayers though....:hug:

My DD had about 10 on her hands, and freezing them did nothing.

Our family doctor said to soak a tiny piece of cotton with vinegar, place it over the wart, cover with a bandaid, and go to sleep for the night. Repeat as needed.

DD hates the smell of vinegar, so we just dabbed the warts a few times a day instead, thinking it couldn't hurt to try and see.

After about a week, they turned black and started to fall off.

The Dr. said warts are often interconnected under the skin, and when you treat one, the others that are connected lose their blood supply as well. He also said that there is something in the vinegar that interrupts the production of the wart cells - that the acidity kills them off.

Will duct tape stick to them without looking stupid? I had a wart on the palm of my hand. Read somewhere about using duct tape, so I tried it. Yup, after a few days (change the duct tape every day), the wart came off.

Is your "antibiotic" cream actually Imiquimod cream? Imiquimod (generic name) is a cream to treat warts usually applies once daily for up to 12 weeks. If it is that is an appropriate treatment but it can take a while to work.

I would find a better derm. You may have to go through MANY before you find someone who can help you. You need someone who does surgery maybe?

What about an ENT? That would be my next stop.

Derms. vary with advice so greatly that it can be eye opening. BTDT

Is your "antibiotic" cream actually Imiquimod cream? Imiquimod (generic name) is a cream to treat warts usually applies once daily for up to 12 weeks. If it is that is an appropriate treatment but it can take a while to work.

No, Mupirocin.

Will duct tape stick to them without looking stupid? I had a wart on the palm of my hand. Read somewhere about using duct tape, so I tried it. Yup, after a few days (change the duct tape every day), the wart came off.

Ha, don't know if I can put duct tape inside my nose. It did work once when I had a wart on the bottom of my foot.

doesnt vicks vaporub cure skin stuff. not sure if warts or fungus in toes.. need to google

My DD had about 10 on her hands, and freezing them did nothing.

Our family doctor said to soak a tiny piece of cotton with vinegar, place it over the wart, cover with a bandaid, and go to sleep for the night. Repeat as needed.

DD hates the smell of vinegar, so we just dabbed the warts a few times a day instead, thinking it couldn't hurt to try and see.

After about a week, they turned black and started to fall off.

The Dr. said warts are often interconnected under the skin, and when you treat one, the others that are connected lose their blood supply as well. He also said that there is something in the vinegar that interrupts the production of the wart cells - that the acidity kills them off.

Plain white vinegar did the trick! I dabbed a q-tip in vinegar and applied a couple of times a day. They were gone in a week!! thanks for the tip!

Plain white vinegar did the trick! I dabbed a q-tip in vinegar and applied a couple of times a day. They were gone in a week!! thanks for the tip!

Did you use food grade 5% vinegar or higher concentration? I tried 5%, my nostril wart is still there. I don’t know if concentrated vinegar will irritate and hurt my nose or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter