~How TWO trips became...who knows? ~ It's a TRIP! and an upgrade.... 4/22

To quote Lisa - "There is NO way I am EVER going to Disney without YOU!"

So...of course!

September...October??....November...December (that trip is now up in the air???...)...January??.........

Why not?

:rotfl2:

I am so glad you are going with them!!! Too bad you don't have a trip in May - we finally decided on DH's non-Disney vacation that I promised and it looks like we are doing a short Bahamas cruise with a day or two at SeaWorld after the cruise. I thought about Universal but I am still hoping to be able to do a WDW/Universal combo in Dec.

Thanks for posting the mini-TR! It sounds like a good trip except for the sore feet! That is great news that you guys think Lauren will be able to do Soarin - I bet she will love it! I am so happy you got to meet so many wonderful DISers and love seeing Mya enjoying herself. It was such a privilege to be a teeny tiny part of that. I told Jason that if I manage to get healthy and lose some weight that I want to do a half marathon at WDW too!

I'm a sometime poster over on Sandy's trip report and I followed you over. Just want to say congrats on finishing your 1st half marathon!:banana: The first one is the toughest! Just know that if you decide to go for another! Great job! Do you have any good links to character pictures from the race? I've been looking and I haven't seen too many yet:confused3

your review made me want to do it too. although i would definitely be caught by those sweepers. i have been reading up on the c25k (couch to 5 k program) and i am gonna give it a try, i downloaded the podcast with the cues of when to walk and when to run. now i just have to get off the couch:lmao:

That is so funny!

If you train, you really can avoid the sweepers! You just have to account for some time to take a restroom break. Or two. :rolleyes1

I am seriously thinking about doing the C25K plan - assuming I train for another race!

I am so glad you are going with them!!! Too bad you don't have a trip in May - we finally decided on DH's non-Disney vacation that I promised and it looks like we are doing a short Bahamas cruise with a day or two at SeaWorld after the cruise. I thought about Universal but I am still hoping to be able to do a WDW/Universal combo in Dec.

Thanks for posting the mini-TR! It sounds like a good trip except for the sore feet! That is great news that you guys think Lauren will be able to do Soarin - I bet she will love it! I am so happy you got to meet so many wonderful DISers and love seeing Mya enjoying herself. It was such a privilege to be a teeny tiny part of that. I told Jason that if I manage to get healthy and lose some weight that I want to do a half marathon at WDW too!

I am glad I am going with them, too!

I still don't know what to do about December. It will only be a week after we get back...so I am thinking it is irresponsible to go back so soon?? Not sure what to do?

And I am toying with resort choices for Lauren's family. So far we are booked at the POP - but it would be nice to upgrade somehow. Listen to me...already thinking that. :laughing:

I'm a sometime poster over on Sandy's trip report and I followed you over. Just want to say congrats on finishing your 1st half marathon!:banana: The first one is the toughest! Just know that if you decide to go for another! Great job! Do you have any good links to character pictures from the race? I've been looking and I haven't seen too many yet:confused3

:welcome: to my constant pre-trippie! Thanks so much for posting!

It is great to know that the first is the toughest...I would need to know that in order to do it again!

I have not seen many character pics?!? I will look for some, though! :) I know people were sure taking pics!

I have an announcement!!

One of my goals this trip was to show Lisa some of what they missed on Lauren's Wish Trip. They had not been to AK or Epcot - so I showed her a few things and she is definitely on board.........

because.......

THEY ARE GOING TO DISNEY!!!! :dance3: :yay::cheer2: :woohoo: :cool1: :yay: :cheer2:

The room is BOOKED! :thumbsup2

November 20 - 28th! Thanksgiving Week!

I am so excited!!!

:woohoo::woohoo:I'll be there the same week!!!!:woohoo::woohoo: I'll be sure to be on the look out for them to say Hello. But wait, I'm sure Maroo will be along??????:goodvibes

EDIT: Yep, you are!:goodvibes I really need to learn to read the entire thread before I start replying. :lmao:

Hey Maroo,

I've been lurking lately, (dreaming of another disney trip) so thought I'd post. Congrats on finishing the 1/2!! That's a huge accomplishment! And I'm glad you were able to meet Piper and Mya.

And I am so glad to hear that Lauren and her family will be going back to Disney. That really is wonderful news! If you decide to upgrade resorts, my vote is for Caribbean Beach. Loved the relaxing atmosphere there!

Congratulations! I was thinking about you during the race and wondering how you were doing.

I have to say that I enjoyed this race much more than the two Donalds I have done. I can't really explain why, except that it was just more fun. Maybe that has more to do with experience and knowing that I can finish, but I also think the atmosphere is just different.

Your race amnesia will probably set in soon and before you know it you'll be signing up for another race. It happens to all of us!

:woohoo::woohoo:I'll be there the same week!!!!:woohoo::woohoo: I'll be sure to be on the look out for them to say Hello. But wait, I'm sure Maroo will be along??????:goodvibes

EDIT: Yep, you are!:goodvibes I really need to learn to read the entire thread before I start replying. :lmao:

I am definitely coming!! :) Now...where to stay.....:confused3

Hey Maroo,

I've been lurking lately, (dreaming of another disney trip) so thought I'd post. Congrats on finishing the 1/2!! That's a huge accomplishment! And I'm glad you were able to meet Piper and Mya.

And I am so glad to hear that Lauren and her family will be going back to Disney. That really is wonderful news! If you decide to upgrade resorts, my vote is for Caribbean Beach. Loved the relaxing atmosphere there!

Hi, Nichole!

I have been missing you on here! How are you? :hug:

I am excited for Lauren and her family...I have a sweet pic to post in a minute! And I need to get some feedback re: where to stay!

Congratulations! I was thinking about you during the race and wondering how you were doing.

I have to say that I enjoyed this race much more than the two Donalds I have done. I can't really explain why, except that it was just more fun. Maybe that has more to do with experience and knowing that I can finish, but I also think the atmosphere is just different.

Your race amnesia will probably set in soon and before you know it you'll be signing up for another race. It happens to all of us!

Thank you so much!

I am not sure what I am doing about signing up for another one? I think I will have a clearer head about it when my foot gets better from the race!

First of all...I have to share a cute picture with you guys!

Since Lauren found out they were going back to Disney the other day...she has been sleeping with her Mickey!

Isn't that sweet?!?! :lovestruc

photo-51.jpg

I got Lauren in the bed last night and William climbed up there and we all had a "Disney Meeting"...Lisa is getting obsessed with all of my Disney acronyms and has decided Disney Meeting now should be referred to as "DM" so that we can get in the habit of using letters to describe everything. :rotfl2:

DHS, MK, RD, DVC...

So...now...where to stay???

We have LOTS of options...and they have a huge range of prices attached to them!

Option 1 - POP Century!
This is a logical choice. They don't want to spend a bunch of money on a room and they don't plan to spend much time at the resort. This resort also offers a lot of cheaper dining options - and that is another consideration for this trip. Of course it has bus transportation for everyone.

But, I have to book TWO rooms - since there are 5 of us.

Option 2 - The POLY
Now...that was quite a jump, wasn't it! But...hang with me here. In order to stay at the POP, we have to book two rooms, because I am the 5th person...At the Poly we only have to book one room!

The transportation options are better. They love the monorail. But it is expensive. Almost $1000 more, but not quite. But the jump from the POP to the Poly is a big one for 8 nights for "just" $1000 more.

However, there is a drawback...we would all have to share one room for 9 days. This may cause conflict. :rolleyes1

Option 3 was one that I have never considered....
Option 3 - The Swan or Dolphin
Hmm.... This is not a resort I have ever considered. But we would qualify for nurse discount.

I like the fact that they are Queen Beds. I would buy internet either way (they charge a $10 fee per night for this stuff). They have a nice pool. And the transportation options are nice! We plan to spend at least two days in Epcot this trip (since they completely missed that last trip) and they really love DHS.

They also have lots of dining options at different prices, which would be good, too.

So...what do you guys think?

I am leaning toward Swan or Dolphin.

i am doing pop this summer, i have never done poly but i have done contemporary on the monorail, and i have done both the swan and the dolphin.

the swan and dolphin are spacious and nice but they dont scream disney to me.(i like things that scream disney) but the convenience to dhs and epcot cant be beat and the teacher discount was really nice too. the pools were nice but quite crowded when we were there both times. the food was okay i didnt do any fancy restaurants. my room was left unlocked with an open door twice after the room was cleaned and mgmt couldnt be bothered with my complaints. we also had to call 4 times to get our crib. that being said if the price was right i would give it one more chance. would you do 1 room or 2 there?

i do love the monorail more than anything because i am a magic kingdom lover. that is heaven on earth to me. but sharing a room may be a bit much, it depends on how much togetherness you all can handle and 1 bathroom.

pop- the reviews on the dis sold me on it. and well i am all about extra days at disney and spending less on the room let us stay longer but since you need more rooms..... oh i just dont know.

i have been no help:confused3

Oh my gosh!!!

I forgot about one bathroom! THAT is NOT going to work. I can't believe I forgot that. So the Poly is out.

:faint:

We gotta have 2 rooms.

Hi, Nichole!

I have been missing you on here! How are you? :hug:

I am excited for Lauren and her family...I have a sweet pic to post in a minute! And I need to get some feedback re: where to stay!

Nice picture of Lauren. :hug:

I'm doing "ok"...somehow making it through the days. Started a new job, which I really enjoy. It's a perfect fit, so that has helped. I'm missing Disney terribly though, which is why I'm back on the boards. I keep telling my hubby, I want to go "home"! :)

Anyways, back to you...What about the all star music family suites?? Not sure how they compare in price to 2 pop rooms, but they have 2 bathrooms!

Nice picture of Lauren. :hug:

I'm doing "ok"...somehow making it through the days. Started a new job, which I really enjoy. It's a perfect fit, so that has helped. I'm missing Disney terribly though, which is why I'm back on the boards. I keep telling my hubby, I want to go "home"! :)

Anyways, back to you...What about the all star music family suites?? Not sure how they compare in price to 2 pop rooms, but they have 2 bathrooms!

I am so glad you have a new job - I am sure that has helped a bunch! Although, I can't imagine how hard your days are. :hug:

All Star Family Suites...now I had not really thought of that.

I think Lisa is going to veto that...we saw them on our trip this past weekend and she was not impressed...but if it had enough beds?? I gotta check on that! Very good idea!

You wanna come for Thanksgiving?! It would be so cool to meet up with you guys again.

We are planning to go back to GKTW for a day and volunteer. I think it would be really good! :)

I am so glad you have a new job - I am sure that has helped a bunch! Although, I can't imagine how hard your days are. :hug:

All Star Family Suites...now I had not really thought of that.

I think Lisa is going to veto that...we saw them on our trip this past weekend and she was not impressed...but if it had enough beds?? I gotta check on that! Very good idea!

You wanna come for Thanksgiving?! It would be so cool to meet up with you guys again.

We are planning to go back to GKTW for a day and volunteer. I think it would be really good! :)

Oh, Thanksgiving would be great! I'll have to work on that one. We'd like to go back and volunteer too, one of these days...

Maroo
Do you/will you still have your AP in November? What about AP rates on the rooms? Right now they are offering awesome AP rates and the past two Novembers they have offered them also. Although, you never know what will be offered.

OR...what about renting DVC points? While the transportation isn't as good, a 2 bedroom at OKW or SSR would be plenty of room for you guys.

Okay, I priced out DVC' for you and then typed up a PM, kind of long, sorry about that, hit send and BAM! "Maroo has exceeded their space limit":lmao: oh man.....:sad2::rotfl2:

Talk about a thread killer.....I'm sorry didn't mean to. :guilty:

Here is a brief on what I found. You could get a two bed villa with actually three rooms. One for you and Lauren, one for Lisa and Richard and William could sleep on the pullout sofa. There would be two baths, kitchen and washer/dryer. If you were to rent points it wouldn't be much more than two value rooms. AK even has something called a value 2 bed.:confused3 Couldn't figure out what that was. Now, I'm sure something like that would go quick, but you never know. If you want more of the details, I'll be glad to PM them to you........

I say go on as many trips to WDW as you can!

As for the rooms for Thanksgiving, do the Swan and Dolphin qualify as the same as WDW resorts for capacity closings? Not sure if that ever happens that week but you may want to consider that.

Do you guys have any interest in the dining plan or are you paying for meals OOP? Do you have or will you still have a DDE?

When we went with my parents, there were five of us and we had connecting rooms at POP. We got a free fridge due to DH's medications that he takes and it worked out very nicely and very cheaply! I have stayed at AKL, WL and Pop and I have to say that I think transportation at Pop is the most efficient with the least waiting.

I do think renting DVC points is a great idea too! You can get some great deals that way and it would give you lots of space. I just don't know much about it to offer any advice or concrete dollar amounts.

Based on Lauren's beauty routine alone, you definitely need two bathrooms! I love the photo of her, William and Mickey! How is her neck?

Congrats on the trip with Lauren!! You will show them a great time. We are going in October and December so it looks like we will miss you again. I can't wait to read all about your plans.

I just finished your mini-trip recap. I can't believe all of the VIPs that you were able to meet. Mya is so cute! Piper is too. I am so proud of you in being able to complete the half marathon! That is amazing! Great job! :banana::banana::banana:

Oh, Thanksgiving would be great! I'll have to work on that one. We'd like to go back and volunteer too, one of these days...

I hope you guys get back to Disney very soon! I am going to get info about how we could volunteer at some point in the near future!

Belated Half-Marathon Congratulations, Maroo!! :cheer2:

The Thanksgiving trip sounds fantastic!

Kathy

I am so excited about it!!

And I guess this has worked out well, because I could not have gone in March AND November.

Maroo
Do you/will you still have your AP in November? What about AP rates on the rooms? Right now they are offering awesome AP rates and the past two Novembers they have offered them also. Although, you never know what will be offered.

OR...what about renting DVC points? While the transportation isn't as good, a 2 bedroom at OKW or SSR would be plenty of room for you guys.

Okay, I priced out DVC' for you and then typed up a PM, kind of long, sorry about that, hit send and BAM! "Maroo has exceeded their space limit":lmao: oh man.....:sad2::rotfl2:

Yes, I will still have my AP! :) But I also already have a PIN for 20/30/40 - which is about the same as most of the AP discounts I have seen. So I could book POP for 20% off...but not the whole time - it would have to be two different reservations. They have blocked out the dates around Thanksgiving (and I assume they will block those for AP discounts later, too.)

The plan is to eat OOP - and just use my TIW card - which I have LOST, but that is another story.

I had issues when I looked into DVC...my biggest issue is a lack of trust for someone else booking it, honestly. I am so freaked about making sure it has a roll in shower and everything. We would need a 2 BR villa, which was going to run quite few points. And even then, I am not sure what the bed situation ends up being with the roll in shower. So, I think I am shying away from DVC for this trip. :confused3

My inbox was full of people telling me about DVC. I put a message on the DVC board and didn't get any responses to the thread, but got LOTS of messages. ;)

But my PM box has room again.

Talk about a thread killer.....I'm sorry didn't mean to. :guilty:

Here is a brief on what I found. You could get a two bed villa with actually three rooms. One for you and Lauren, one for Lisa and Richard and William could sleep on the pullout sofa. There would be two baths, kitchen and washer/dryer. If you were to rent points it wouldn't be much more than two value rooms. AK even has something called a value 2 bed.:confused3 Couldn't figure out what that was. Now, I'm sure something like that would go quick, but you never know. If you want more of the details, I'll be glad to PM them to you........

AK didn't have any more rooms that had roll in showers and 2 beds (that value thing, I guess).

I missed the posts on this thread! When I keep my computer turned on all day and sitting on the DIS, it tends to not really tell me what threads have been posted on...so I miss posts...even posts to me! :rolleyes1

BUT...that washer and dryer sure sound good.......?? But we don't get housekeeping, right? We use a ton of towels in the shower process for Lauren (towels to cover the bed and her shower table), so housekeeping is a must for them...otherwise I would be doing laundry all day, like I do at her house. ;)

I say go on as many trips to WDW as you can!

As for the rooms for Thanksgiving, do the Swan and Dolphin qualify as the same as WDW resorts for capacity closings? Not sure if that ever happens that week but you may want to consider that.

Do you guys have any interest in the dining plan or are you paying for meals OOP? Do you have or will you still have a DDE?

When we went with my parents, there were five of us and we had connecting rooms at POP. We got a free fridge due to DH's medications that he takes and it worked out very nicely and very cheaply! I have stayed at AKL, WL and Pop and I have to say that I think transportation at Pop is the most efficient with the least waiting.

I do think renting DVC points is a great idea too! You can get some great deals that way and it would give you lots of space. I just don't know much about it to offer any advice or concrete dollar amounts.

Based on Lauren's beauty routine alone, you definitely need two bathrooms! I love the photo of her, William and Mickey! How is her neck?

To answer your last question first, her neck is pretty bad. They are having to re-order a bunch of stuff for her wheelchair, which should be in this week.

I have read that the S/D DOES qualify as on site for closings...however, if the park is closed for Phase I for capacity, then we won't be going to that park anyway. Lauren can't do crowds like that in her wheelchair, especially if her neck is still so crooked (she can't turn her head back and forth as quickly like she is right now).

So...I know it is Thanksgiving week...and touringplans.com has it as straight 10's (but they also don't have the right "Parks to Avoid" yet - no way those parks they listed are right)...

My current plan is to carefully plan around the crowds. For example - we have planned our "big" DHS day to be the Tuesday before Thanksgiving - which is the ONLY day that neither has Fantasmic or EMH.

We will have 8 full days - we think we will take one full day off, maybe. But more on those plans later. :)

Congrats on the trip with Lauren!! You will show them a great time. We are going in October and December so it looks like we will miss you again. I can't wait to read all about your plans.

I still have not canceled my December weekend yet....:rolleyes1 I *may* do a Room Only ressie and plan to drive in December...and just go if I want to. :)

I just finished your mini-trip recap. I can't believe all of the VIPs that you were able to meet. Mya is so cute! Piper is too. I am so proud of you in being able to complete the half marathon! That is amazing! Great job! :banana::banana::banana:

It was an amazing weekend. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter