~How TWO trips became...who knows? ~ It's a TRIP! and an upgrade.... 4/22

I am also most worried about DHS crowds - it was SOOOO crowded the other day that we could not get down the sidewalk and Lauren would have been stuck.

It can be bad. We got stuck once in the middle of a crowd that just wasn't moving anywhere--it took us about an hour to simply get OUT of the street. Warning, if you do end up in the middle of something that you weren't expecting the rest of your group may need to surround Lauren. People were actually climbing on my DW's w/c and I imagine that kind of behaviour could have serious implications for Lauren (beyond the basic sense that people are rude!).

Congrats Lauren! :cool1: That is so fantastic!

I really hope things improve with the new contraptions for her chair though. :sad2: Nothing more important to a teenage girl than her hair and makeup, so that makes me so sad to hear that these things too are becoming more of a challenge.

Saying prayers for Lauren and the whole family. I really don't know how Lisa manages to stay sane. Tell Lauren good luck at the State Science Fair - we are all rooting for her!

:wave: Maroo!1

Thank you for texting me - and for sending the prayers!! SIL is all fine and dandy (minus a few parts - but now cancer free!! :goodvibes)

Lauren is so funny...she said she wants to save all of her money for college. :confused3

That child! WAY too responsible!!

How do you tell her that $250 seems like a LOT now and that she should spend it while it still seems like a lot of money?? :rotfl:

And yes...I am a year older now than I was last week. :) But...who's counting?

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!! :dance3:

So sorry to read about Lauren and her chair issues, as well as her neck of course, and Williams knee!!

any Science Fair updates??

Mary! I finally made my way over here!

Sorry to hear about Lauren's little brother, this poor family needs a serious break! How is Lauren hanging in? Last we talked I knew she was getting worse, I didn't realize it was to the point she couldn't hardly move any more. :guilty: Lord help this family, in a mighty, mighty way.

I hope Lauren's new parts for her chair are going to work out, a girl needs to be able to manage her own do for Pete's sake! ;)

I've been meaning to call you and I've totally stunk at doing so. Forgive me. When's a good time to try and get in touch with you?

Do I hear right? Are you going to Disney in May? Do you know the dates yet?

My apologies...

I am totally going to keep you guys hanging though....

I am HOPING...by Thursday night I can get an update...and I will update you guys on ALL of this!

For now...please pray that Lauren doesn't drive her parents completely crazy with a week that includes physical therapy twice, PROM (hair, nails, spray tan, a trip to get her dress altered), running for Vice President of her school, a BIRTHDAY (TODAY is Lauren's birthday!!) and regular life, which is already pretty crazy busy.

I am helping with many of the things listed above...which is why I can't seem to find time to upload the pictures so I can do a proper update.

As for Science Fair...well...I do have pictures! :)

OH!! I need to get on FB and wish her a happy birthday over there!!!!

Happy Belated Birthday to Maroo!

Happy Belated Birthday to Lauren!

Hope William's knee is feeling better.

Can't wait to hear about the Science Fair.

Want to see pics of Lauren's chair additions.

May? you are going in May? Dates?

Sandy123 - :woohoo: on SIL being cancer free! that's awesome!:banana:

PS - why are you mad at Disney?

I know I owe you about 3 updates....

Will this tide you over some?!!?

Hey guys!

I have a very exciting announcement that has nothing to do with DISNEY - except that we plan to CELEBRATE this in Disney!!!

Lauren ran for "Executive" Vice President - which is basically the Vice President of the Student Body - at her high school this week.

Lauren goes to a large High School of over 1,500 students in grades 10 - 12.

She ran against two of the most popular and well-known students in the High School. But neither of the students really did very many posters - I think they thought they had it in the bag. ;)

But Lauren had us (her Mom, Dad and I) making posters for her last week and when we didn't make enough of them (life is really busy), she decided to make stickers and bought a banner with her own money....

And

SHE WON!!!!!!!!!

We are so proud of her!!!

And I knew her "followers" on the DIS would want to know. :)

*I posted this in about 4 places...so sorry if it is a repeat!*

Congratulations Lauren!! That is fantastic!!

Maroo, we are dying for pictures here. Please upload some soon!

I know I owe you about 3 updates....

Will this tide you over some?!!?

Hey guys!

I have a very exciting announcement that has nothing to do with DISNEY - except that we plan to CELEBRATE this in Disney!!!

Lauren ran for "Executive" Vice President - which is basically the Vice President of the Student Body - at her high school this week.

Lauren goes to a large High School of over 1,500 students in grades 10 - 12.

She ran against two of the most popular and well-known students in the High School. But neither of the students really did very many posters - I think they thought they had it in the bag. ;)

But Lauren had us (her Mom, Dad and I) making posters for her last week and when we didn't make enough of them (life is really busy), she decided to make stickers and bought a banner with her own money....

And

SHE WON!!!!!!!!!

We are so proud of her!!!

And I knew her "followers" on the DIS would want to know. :)

*I posted this in about 4 places...so sorry if it is a repeat!*

Awww...that is fantastic. Congratulations Lauren on a job well done!! :hug:

Lauren and I have something in common! Congrats to my fellow ASB VP!!!!

Woo Hoo!! Really?? I didn't know you were into politics? ;)

So...what is her job going to entail? :laughing:

Congratulations to Lauren!!! or would that be Madame Vice President...:banana::banana::banana:

We called her that all night last night thanks to you, Lisa! :) :thumbsup2

Congratulations Lauren!! That is fantastic!!

Maroo, we are dying for pictures here. Please upload some soon!

EEK! I know it.

I am way behind.

I *should* have something up tonight...I hope! Or maybe later today with my iPhone pics I have.

Awww...that is fantastic. Congratulations Lauren on a job well done!! :hug:

Thanks! I told her Noah's Mom said congrats and she was grinning ear to ear - he is famous, afterall!

I don't know what thread to respond to so I will respond here! ;););)

Congratulations LAUREN!!!!!!!! :banana::banana: :dance3::dance3:

yeah...well.... :blush: I was excited. :)

Thanks!! :)

Congrats Lauren! You are one amazing young lady! :cool1::banana::yay::cheer2:

Isn't she!!! I love that child.

I told her she couldn't do it...I told her she couldn't beat those ultra-popular kids and should concentrate her efforts (and ours) on a Sr Class office - boy did she prove me wrong! And that was the FIRST thing she said. :rotfl:

In fact...they didn't even need a run-off. There were three candidates and Lauren got over 50% of the vote! :thumbsup2

Please pass along our congratulations to Lauren as well. I just love Lauren's attitude - so much determination, always believing in herself. She is a wonderful role model - for anyone! Our Mark has been a bit down on himself lately, so we're trying to boost him up a bit, get him ready for the challenge of a new school in the fall. He was very proud to be the first physically disabled boy accepted into this wonderful, >175 year old school with a wonderful reputation...now the hard work begins.

I'll tell him Lauren's story, hope it encourages him.

Well done, Lauren!!!

Alison

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter