Hurricane Irma: CONFIRMED ~ All Parks, Water Parks and Disney Springs: Normal Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alternate source thinks the CMs may have been called in to clean up the parks.
Don't know, but the announcement was very specific.

"Typhoon Lagoon Lifeguards, Slide Ops, Custodial and Main Entrance Cast will report to Typhoon Lagoon at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, September 13."

We are here now and drove to both waterparks. MDE is showing both open and the in room tv channel showed them both open earlier. It has since changed to only showing TL open.
BB was closed. We had to drive into TL to find out it was also closed. The CM stationed outside said "we hope to be open Saturday." I hope that is not true!

At 12:00p today, this is official Disney info from the website and the app.

Be advised to check the Disney website, ask a Resort Concierge, or check WDW Today on Twitter before deciding on venturing to a waterpark...

IMG_2278.jpg IMG_2279.PNG

We are here now and drove to both waterparks. MDE is showing both open and the in room tv channel showed them both open earlier. It has since changed to only showing TL open.
BB was closed. We had to drive into TL to find out it was also closed. The CM stationed outside said "we hope to be open Saturday." I hope that is not true!
I'm sorry that happened to you. Thank you for reporting your experience! I'll update the first post so others know not to rely on the app or website.

On Twitter, a number of people have informed WDW Today of the "useless" MDE app waterpark info. Some are reporting they were given incorrect waterpark info by CMs - of course they were because the info on the Hub was also incorrect.

Best advice: Don't plan on a waterpark until you have sent a Tweet to WDW Today and received a specific reply regarding whether a waterpark is open or not.

Watercraft Transportation changes:

wdwinfo Tweet:

Two different watercraft routes at Walt Disney World are closed beginning today to make repairs following Hurricane Irma.

The first is the Crescent Lake route of the Friendship Boats. This route transports guests back and forth from Epcot to Hollywood Studios, stopping at Disney’s Boardwalk Inn Resort, Disney’s Yacht Club and Disney’s Beach ClubResorts, and the Swan & Dolphin Hotels along the way.

The Green Launch route of the Sassagoula River Cruise is also closed. These boats take guests from The Landing at Disney Springs to Disney’s Old Key West Resort.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...-watercraft-routes-close-to-make-repairs/amp/

Seeing couple recent tweets stating water parks still closed today. Anyone confirm?

EDIT: Found more from WDW Today stating they are closed. so confirmed closed

I believe the waterparks are open because CMs received the notification.

See my above post treating "tomorrow" as "yesterday." ;)

Water parks are currently closed. We did see the cleanup crews while driving by Blizzard.

And to think a world renown company relies on a Tweet to disseminate info. :)

Sounds like some CM was told they would be open, and sent the notification to the cast members... hope the CMs didn't drive all that way just to find they are closed....

Sounds like some CM was told they would be open, and sent the notification to the cast members... hope the CMs didn't drive all that way just to find they are closed....
The incorrect information was on the CM Hub, the Disney website, MDE app, and on the Resorts info channel.

CMs will be paid for their shifts; it was the number of guests who drove to both waterparks that is of greater concern. The complaints are known to WDW Today and they gave the info to IT. They are well aware that the incorrect info made Disney's Hub, website, app, and resort channel look really bad.

Hollywood Studios was empty today. Spent no more that 5 minutes in queue for any rides, and I rode TSMM, RnRc and ToT 4 times each throughout the day. Heck, lines were so minimal that we watched the Frozen Sing Along 3 times. Arrived at 10:15 this morning and left at 6pm, so not even a full day.

Hollywood Studios was empty today. Spent no more that 5 minutes in queue for any rides, and I rode TSMM, RnRc and ToT 4 times each throughout the day. Heck, lines were so minimal that we watched the Frozen Sing Along 3 times. Arrived at 10:15 this morning and left at 6pm, so not even a full day.
We were there from 10ish-3:45pm. I've never seen TSMM @ 5mins during the day. We rode it twice in a row and could have ridden more it was a complete walk on @ nearly 2pm. Right when we arrived we did wait 30mins but I think it's just cuz of the time we had gotten there. My husband rode ToT 3 times and RnRc 1 time (didn't have time to ride it multiple times).

At MK right now and it is busier than previous days we were there but still waits have been pretty good for the most part.

So, who is volunteering as tribute to send a Tweet to WDW Today to confirm before it gets posted in this thread?

@SealedSeven ~ would you like to Tweet? I don't Tweet; I messaged them via Twitter and they only responded that IT was aware of the issues.

I should be able to depending on how my work load is tomorrow (last day before leaving for Disney :D )

Can also keep an eye on Tweets/Replies too in case someone beat me to the punch. Plenty already did so this morning so likely others will as well.

I should be able to depending on how my work load is tomorrow (last day before leaving for Disney :D )

Can also keep an eye on Tweets/Replies too in case someone beat me to the punch. Plenty already did so this morning so likely others will as well.
Thank you so much for your help! DH and I are right behind you - we fly across the country on Sunday to a house still without power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter