Hurricane Irma: CONFIRMED ~ All Parks, Water Parks and Disney Springs: Normal Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from the Disney website:

IMG_2280.PNG

MDE app has been updated and reflects the same info. Will update the title if any Tweets by WDW Today confirm this info. :)

Tweet sent out, but that's looking like good news. Just hope Typhoon opens before Saturday cause were planning on going there that day.
I had a feeling you were planning on a waterpark. ;)

Thank you for your assistance especially as you prepare for your Disney trip! Safe travels to you! :goodvibes

Just curious if you heard anything about the Treehouses? We have a week stay planned starting this Saturday in the TH, but curious if we need or will get changed. I plan on calling tomorrow but first hand info is always good too
@Spetch ~ Disney has updated their Irma info page and the Treehouses will now open on the 17th. Hopefully, they've emailed you.

Disney has updated their Hurricane Irma information page:

All shows at The Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue and Mickey’s Backyard BBQ will be canceled up to and including Tuesday September 19th. Any existing reservations will be automatically canceled and refunded.

@Spetch ~ Disney has updated their Irma info page and the Treehouses will now open on the 17th. Hopefully, they've emailed you.

Nope they hadn't. Got online to with the chat yesturday (booked with points, first time DVC owner trip) and the guy got me in a panic saying I wouldn't have a room and I need to find a cash room. There weren't many options for more than 1 night just in case the delay went longer than the 17th so I decided to actually call. That lovely gal actually phoned SSR and asked them if I will have a place to stay. She found out that I will have a room for sure, just they don't quite know where. They are working on Sept 16 arrivals and I will be getting a phone call today on what exactly will happen, and where it will be. Most likely will have a 2 bedroom in either SSR or OKW for at least one night and will probably be given the option to either stay there or move to the TH for the remainder of the week.

Interesting when HDDMR is only Canceled through the 19th in their Official Irma Updates post. Disney really does need to coordinate their updated info.
What's a couple of days? The HDDMR and TE's page are both showing the 21st. One of them is probably right. I'll be glad when everything has reopened and we won't have to deal with the confusion.

What's a couple of days? The HDDMR and TE's page are both showing the 21st. One of them is probably right. I'll be glad when everything has reopened and we won't have to deal with the confusion.
Agree!!! Because this thread can then slowly disappear... :)

In an unprecedented move by WDW, all CMs who were scheduled to work on Sunday and Monday will be paid for those shifts!!

Many have discussed how CMs weren't paid last year when Hurricane Matthew closed the parks because it was an "act of God." It was just announced today that CMs who lost their Sunday and Monday shifts will be paid accordingly!!

Go CMs!! Go Disney!!

In an unprecedented move by WDW, all CMs who were scheduled to work on Sunday and Monday will be paid for those shifts!!

Many have discussed how CMs weren't paid last year when Hurricane Matthew closed the parks because it was an "act of God." It was just announced today that CMs who lost their Sunday and Monday shifts will be paid accordingly!!

Go CMs!! Go Disney!!
That's great! They should do that.

Go CMs!! Go Disney!!

This makes me very happy. I read some stressful posts about lost wages. Glad this worked out.

Go CMs!! Go Disney!!

Excellent to hear. They absolutely deserve it.

That's great that CMs are going to be paid for their shifts. I hope though that not many have had their future hours cleared like I saw in FastPassers post. Seems like Disney taking advantage of the lower crowds and recouping some of that $$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter