I am having Disney Withdrawl...Let's GO! 2 months! 4/17

I just ran across your PTR...you'll be arriving as our vacation is almost over. We're there from June 13-20. We'll also have a large group (16 people), but we're looking forward to it, too.

Your plans look good so far! We'll be trying several of the same things, but on different days: 1900 Park Fare (for dinner only), 'Ohana, Chef Mickey (a must-do for my DH in particular), and Sci Fi. It's getting closer...I have to start getting more organized.

Have fun with Colby's birthday party! My oldest (DD - now almost 9 - ugh!!) was also the first grandchild on both sides, and her birthday way huge as well. Her birthday is in the summer, though, so we just spread outside. It was a bit easier!! Both my boys' birthdays are in cooler weather (December and April), so I know it's hard to contain too many people inside for those birthday parties! Hope your plans are coming along!

Great photos. I love the snow angel. Colby seems like such a sweet and happy baby. With as much snow as you get, the little guys needs a sled.;)

Thanks! We got a sled, but now our snow is finally melting a bit! The past 3 days have been sunny and getting warmer...today it was 45!

Hey! Cute pictures....love the Super Bowl Sunday one of him in his jersey!

Wow! I'm glad you enjoyed the snow...way more than we'll ever get here! I can imagine how much fun we'd have in that much...our town might shut down!

:cool1: For being that much closer to your 100 day mark!

Thanks! Sometimes I think it would be cool to live somewhere where when it snows everything gets shut down...but instead life goes on as usual...although the snow does always add some excitement to the drive into work!

I just ran across your PTR...you'll be arriving as our vacation is almost over. We're there from June 13-20. We'll also have a large group (16 people), but we're looking forward to it, too.

Your plans look good so far! We'll be trying several of the same things, but on different days: 1900 Park Fare (for dinner only), 'Ohana, Chef Mickey (a must-do for my DH in particular), and Sci Fi. It's getting closer...I have to start getting more organized.

Have fun with Colby's birthday party! My oldest (DD - now almost 9 - ugh!!) was also the first grandchild on both sides, and her birthday way huge as well. Her birthday is in the summer, though, so we just spread outside. It was a bit easier!! Both my boys' birthdays are in cooler weather (December and April), so I know it's hard to contain too many people inside for those birthday parties! Hope your plans are coming along!

:wave2: Welcome! We certainly are getting closer! I am looking forward to 1900 Park Fare and 'Ohana very much!

The weather here in May is very hit or miss...more miss than hit, probably...I would love to find someplace where we can be outside if the weather is nice, but easily move inside if it is not.

:cool1::cool1:100 Days!!!!!:cool1::cool1:

Starting tomorrow we are into double digits!!!:banana:

So Elizablake has got me thinking about collecting autographs for this trip. On our last trip I got them all to sign an 8x10 mat for a 5x7 photo, then framed it with a picture of us with all the Characters at Epcot. It turned out really cute! Colby is really too young to care about autographs yet, so I was trying to think of something different that he would like. I think I read about this somewhere, but I can't remember where. My mom is a quilter, so I am going to have characters sign squares of fabric. When we get home, I will get some Disney fabric and do some iron on photos of Colby with the characters. Then my mom can quilt it up! I talked to her about it this weekend and she is super excited to do it! Yeah!

:cool1::cool1:100 Days!!!!!:cool1::cool1:

Starting tomorrow we are into double digits!!!:banana:

So Elizablake has got me thinking about collecting autographs for this trip. On our last trip I got them all to sign an 8x10 mat for a 5x7 photo, then framed it with a picture of us with all the Characters at Epcot. It turned out really cute! Colby is really too young to care about autographs yet, so I was trying to think of something different that he would like. I think I read about this somewhere, but I can't remember where. My mom is a quilter, so I am going to have characters sign squares of fabric. When we get home, I will get some Disney fabric and do some iron on photos of Colby with the characters. Then my mom can quilt it up! I talked to her about it this weekend and she is super excited to do it! Yeah!

That is an awesome idea! Wow! You should do it for sure. :)

So now I think I will start planning out our days with some general must dos for each day. Our vacation officially begins on June 17th, but our flight is pretty early in the morning out of Buffalo, NY. That is about 1 1/2 hours away. We would have to leave our house at about 3 in the morning in order to get there, checked in, and through security in enough time:eek:. So right now we are checking out hotel prices around the Buffalo Airport. We will drive up on the 16th and spend the night. That way we can get a little more sleep in the morning. That will be especially nice with Colby. We won't have to mess his schedule up too much and he won't be to cranky on the plane! :thumbsup2

:cheer2: for feeling better!
You should name your own price for your hotel on Priceline, I did that last Sept when I flew in the night before the rest of my family arrived and it was perfect!

That is an awesome idea! Wow! You should do it for sure. :)

When I talked to my mom about it she got all excited, too! I think it is going to be our plan!

Just found your PTR & joining in! Your little boy is so cute!

Thanks and :wave:Welcome! Glad you stopped by!

In planning news, we found out this week that our flight times were changed. This is our first time flying JetBlue and DH was not too thrilled about the change. I, however, think the changes in times are going to work out better for us...as long as they don't change againg. Now, instead of flying out of Buffalo at 7 in the morning, our flight is at 8:45. That means we do not have to get a hotel room for one night in Buffalo to be at the airport so early. Also, if Colby stays on a similar schedule to what he is doing now, our flight will be around his morning nap time. Of course it probably won't work out that easily, but it would be awsome if he slept on our flight! Our flight home was also moved back until 9:00pm. That means we have the entire day to visit a park before we will have to catch the ME and head to the airport! A few extra hours at Disney is always a good thing!

So, nothing too exciting to report, just some minor changes. Hopefully this does not start a pattern of our flight times changing repeatedly. DH would NOT be happy about that at all!

So I had a Disney dream last night...We were at MK...it was me, DH, my in-laws and my mother...we were going on POTC. We got in our boat and instead of just the little drop at the beginning of the ride it was a long, twisty drop. Then, all the lights were on and the animatronics were all laying down. Wierd! We got off POTC and then went to get fast passes for Splash Mt. Somehow we took this secret path from POTC to Splash that no one else was on. After getting fast passes for Splash we were going to go on BTMR, but my mom was scared of it. My MIL said if I will go on it, it can't be that scary! Through this all, I have no idea where Colby was...we aparently left him with someone while we were riding...:confused3

So, that was my crazy Disney dream last night...hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Crazy Disney Dreams...don't you love them? :lmao:

Mine are usually dreams where we forget something major, or where our Disney vacation is over, but we didn't get to do much at all! Haven't started them yet, but I can only assume that they are in my near future!

Big news tonight! Though not at all Disney related...

Colby is cutting his first tooth! I felt in his mouth after his snack tonight...more out of habbit than really thinking I would find anything...and what do you know! I felt a little bumpy thing! He would not let me look in his mouth then at all, but when I was putting his jammies on, he did let me take a peek! I could see a little space in the gums and the tiniest little speck of a tooth starting to make its way up!

The good news is, he has not been fussy at all, so he seems to be handeling it well...hopefully I did not just jinx myself by saying that! I am a bit relieved...I was beginning to think he might be entering Kindergarten without any teeth...although my mom said I didn't get any teeth until I was 10 months old either...which happens to be how old he is!

So there is our exciting news! As it comes in more, I will get some pics and post them...but that may be a while!

Hi! I found your PTR through my SIL FairyGodMotherJen. We are traveling around the same time as you and your family. There will be 16 of us going to Disney. We enjoy traveling together. It makes for a lot of great memories. We went with a similar group in 2007 and we had a blast. Your son is really cute! He is going to have so much fun! :goodvibes

Crazy Disney Dreams...don't you love them? :lmao:

Mine are usually dreams where we forget something major, or where our Disney vacation is over, but we didn't get to do much at all! Haven't started them yet, but I can only assume that they are in my near future!

Yikes! I would consider both of those scenarios nightmares! I haven't had any more Disney Dreams...bummer...

Hi! I found your PTR through my SIL FairyGodMotherJen. We are traveling around the same time as you and your family. There will be 16 of us going to Disney. We enjoy traveling together. It makes for a lot of great memories. We went with a similar group in 2007 and we had a blast. Your son is really cute! He is going to have so much fun! :goodvibes

I have read through your PTR...it sounds like you all are going to have a great time! It can be nice traveling with a large group...spend some time together and some time apart...I am looking forward to having all the adults around to help me with DS! That way DH and I can maybe ride together sometimes!

A few weekends ago I was cleaning out my dresser drawers...I was trying on all my summer shorts and things and was super excited to find that most of them are so big they are falling off! Yippie! You know what that means?? Clothes shopping!! And since my birthday is next week, my mom has bought me some, which makes DH happy, too! I have found some really cute new clothes...shorts and t-shirts...now I just need it to warm up here so I can wear some of them!

In other Disney news...I think I have decided on the Jogging stoller I want. It is the Baby Trend Velocity Jogger-Matrix. Check it out here...

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3904359

We went up to Babies R Us yesterday to look at it in person and I think this is the one! I have been looking and researching for about a month and a half for a Jogger.

We also have the Combi Cosmo EX Stroller. This one is more lightweight. We have been using the Combi lately to go to the zoo and mall. It is pretty nice, but the storage is not great underneith. I am trying to decide which one to take to Disney and I think I might take both! Since my in-laws are taking the Auto Train, we can pack extra stuff in their car to take down for us. I think I would like to have the Jogger for touring the parks, but it is heavier and bulkier. I think the Combi might be better for the airport and maybe even to switch off and on for at the parks. This way we are not stuck with one that we are unhappy with. This will be our first experience with strollers in the parks. Any thoughts on which one I should take? Should I take both? TIA!

I am a fan of the jogging stroller with the big wheels. We have one at home but have never brought it on vacation. I'm afraid of taking it on a plane with the way they handle luggage I'd be afraid a tire would pop. If you can have your In-laws take it I would go for that choice. Maybe they you could just take a really small, cheapo umbrella stroller with you for the airport?

I can't remember where you are staying but if on-site there is not a lot of room for 2 strollers in the rooms.

BTW, congrat's on that first tooth! Yeah!!

I am a fan of the jogging stroller with the big wheels. We have one at home but have never brought it on vacation. I'm afraid of taking it on a plane with the way they handle luggage I'd be afraid a tire would pop. If you can have your In-laws take it I would go for that choice. Maybe they you could just take a really small, cheapo umbrella stroller with you for the airport?

I can't remember where you are staying but if on-site there is not a lot of room for 2 strollers in the rooms.

BTW, congrat's on that first tooth! Yeah!!

This is exactly what I was thinking! We are staying on-site at OKW. We have both a 1-bedroom and a 2-bedroom suites. I think we will have pleanty of room for the 2 strollers! Thanks for your thoughts!

Sounds like a great trip! You have a gorgeous family!

Thanks!

I am enjoying my time off with Colby. Yesterday we had our first mommy and me swimming class. Colby LOVED the water! So that gives us something else to look forward to at Disney...swimming!

The first order of business...I got my new Jogging stroller! We took it to the zoo today and I love it! Colby did well in it, too, though he needs to get a little taller because he can barely see over the snack tray!

In other news, my MIL came home today from visiting my SIL in FL an they spent time at the parks. My SIL got the Disney app on her phone from Verizon. They tried it out this week and it worked great! I think she said she paid for 180 days of it, so we will have it for our trip in June! We are talking about putting it on at least one other phone while we are there, since we will be splitting up frequently. The program gives current wait times, fastpass return times and character meets in whatever park you are in. (It also tells you which park you are in...just in case you might forget!)

I think that is about it on the DIsney front.

DH was off of work today, too, so we went to breakfast and then the zoo with Colby. He loves the animals! I am very excited to take him to Animal Kingdom! I think he will love it! Then we colored Easter Eggs tonight. Colby loved holding onto the eggs and then cried everytime we put one into the dye! He wanted it back! It was pretty funny...:rotfl:

It sounds like you had a nice weekend! I am glad the stroller worked for you. The Disney app sounds fun to use. The wait times for the rides could be very useful.:thumbsup2

It sounds like you had a nice weekend! I am glad the stroller worked for you. The Disney app sounds fun to use. The wait times for the rides could be very useful.:thumbsup2

Yes, they checked out the accuracy and it was right on what all the posted waits were (although we know that is not always accurate either).

Hope everyone had a good Easter. Ours was very nice. We got to visit with all the family to celebrate and had my birthday celebration at the same time. I got several gift cards so I can buy some more new clothes. Since I started swimming with Colby, I realized that my bathing suits are all too big, also, so I need a new one of those, too. Yeah! I also got a Micheal's gift card, so I can buy more scrapbooking stuff! (Don't tell DH though...he might kill me!)

This next week and a half is going to be busy. I have my final project for my grad class due on the 20th, so I will have to spend most of my free time working on that...:sad1:...that is going to cut into my already limited DIS time. The good news is, turning in my final project means my class is almost done! Yippie!

Hi all! Hope you are all doing well. I am because....

:cool1::cool1::cool1:2 months!!!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Woo-Hoo! So I have not really been doing much in Disney Planning. There are too many variables to try and figure out which park we are going to visit each day. Instead, I have been thinking about the must-do's for this trip. There are some must-do's that we have never before and some must-do's that we have done before and that we need to do every trip!

Must-do's we haven't done before:

-eat at Beaches & Cream
-Get Colby's first haircut at the Main Street Barber Shop
-Go on the Sum of all Thrills
-Let Colby play in the various fountains around WDW
-Eat at Wolfgang Puck Express
-See the summer parade and fireworks at Magic Kingdom

Must-do's we have done before:
-Be the first family at the Character Stop at Epcot
-go on all the thrill rides I had to miss last trip because I was pregnant: the 3 mountains, Expedition Everest, Test Track, Mission Space, Tower of Terror, Rock n Rollercoaster
-Ride up front in the Monorail

This is just the start of my list. This trip will be much more relaxed with Colby. We are there for 9 days, so we have pleanty of time to hit all the must do attractions. I can't believe how close we are getting! The next 2 months are going to fly by. I am in the midst of planning Colby's first birthday party in 3 weeks. We just put our house on the market last Saturday and we already have an offer that I think we are going to accept, so we will be moving soon. Then there is the typical end of the school year chaos that I always have. Wow...I hope we can get everything done before we leave!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter