I am never riding Space Mountain again! A Marathon Weekend TR Complete

Star Wars fireworks and Star Wars souvenir food/drink items ... I guess the force really was with you that night!

You got some great pictures from the fireworks - I'm impressed that you got those with your phone. I'm glad to hear you all enjoyed it ... I agree that DHS does a great job with the fireworks (and I say that as someone who has zero interest in Star Wars - even I loved them!)

Last night is definitely sad, but at least you still seem to have some Disney to look forward to on departure day!

Star Wars fireworks and Star Wars souvenir food/drink items ... I guess the force really was with you that night!

You got some great pictures from the fireworks - I'm impressed that you got those with your phone. I'm glad to hear you all enjoyed it ... I agree that DHS does a great job with the fireworks (and I say that as someone who has zero interest in Star Wars - even I loved them!)

Last night is definitely sad, but at least you still seem to have some Disney to look forward to on departure day!
Yes it was a force filled evening!

I was even impressed with what my phone could do.

Disney on departure day is a great ending.

I hope you are having an exciting few weeks as you finish your high school career. I lost track, but I think your graduation ceremony is after Nate's, which is Friday. Class trip tomorrow to Six Flags New England. He has never been and he is a coaster junkie. He will be in heaven!

I am so glad you got a chance to use the pool that night. I had my bathing suit with me, but ran out of time and also- I'm not going to lie- too cold for me! In addition to the lifeguard with the coat and hat, I bet it was not very crowded.

Awesome pictures of the fireworks. Boy are they pretty around the Chinese theatre.

I am hoping the Star Wars fireworks extend into October for my trip.

:thumbsup2

I hope you are having an exciting few weeks as you finish your high school career. I lost track, but I think your graduation ceremony is after Nate's, which is Friday. Class trip tomorrow to Six Flags New England. He has never been and he is a coaster junkie. He will be in heaven!

I am so glad you got a chance to use the pool that night. I had my bathing suit with me, but ran out of time and also- I'm not going to lie- too cold for me! In addition to the lifeguard with the coat and hat, I bet it was not very crowded.

Awesome pictures of the fireworks. Boy are they pretty around the Chinese theatre.

I am hoping the Star Wars fireworks extend into October for my trip.

:thumbsup2
Two more weeks! My graduation in on June 11th. My last day of school is June 8th though.

Thanks! Star Wars fireworks are here to stay so you should be able to see them.

We get some Disney on our departure day

Oh man its here... The final day of our trip. While we wouldn't be going to a park on our final day we would still have a little Disney magic. Our day would start out at the wonderful Beach Club resort. We woke up got dressed, packed a bit and then headed out to Cape May Cafe! I had never eaten here before so I was excited to try it out. We were seated in our own little corner of the restaurant. We go some of that wonderful juice that disney serves at many of their breakfast locations. I just love that stuff. I liked the decor continuing with the beach theme of the Beach Club.

Soon enough our first character was approaching! Minnie!

I loved the beach outfits the characters had. Its always great seeing characters in different outfits than the typical garb.

We then headed off to fill our plates at the buffet. I don't unfortunately have any pictures of the food though. I know bad Diser.

Donald my favorite was next.

Last but certainly not least was Goofy!

Sorry I don't look super thrilled and I don't know why. Probably because its the last day...

We had a nice filling breakfast. We then headed back grabbed our luggage and took it to the resort airline check in desk. Everything was going smoothly until suddenly my grandma asks "Sydnee where is your phone?" Uh oh we had a missing phone so here we are searching through everything in line for the airline check in. We kept searching and searching no phone. Both of my sisters head back to the room and I call it while they are in there. Finally they found it! It was under the day bed?!?! Thank god we went back to the room to check.

After we got our luggage taken care of we had time to kill. Our bus didn't pick us up until 2 PM. What did we do you ask? We went to Disney Springs!

When we arrived we only stuck in the Marketplace portion. Heading to World of Disney first. We picked up a couple last minute things. I ended up getting my Mom the Lumiere figure that lights up. She had the working Cogsworth clock so I had to get her Lumiere to match right? Lets just say she was pleased.

After that we headed to the lego store!

My little cousin is a huge Hulk fan so we head to get a picture with Hulk here.

Sydnee ended up using her Disney gift card here to buy some Lego Friends sets (the airplane I think?) She is into those right now.

After that we had some quick service credits to use and it was nearing lunch time. Where did we head? Wolfgang Puck express! A first for all of us.

Yes I am boring and just got chicken tenders. My Grandma got soup, and I don't remember the rest. It was a very good quick service meal and man was I stuffed from all of the food today. We headed to Goofy's Candy Co. next. We had to use snack credits before we leave. We loaded up with those bags of candies and pretzels. My grandma got some other things from the case as well. then I was like Hey we got to go we have a bus to catch to go home! We headed to the bus stop and back to BC. After a wait at the Springs Bus loop we finally got back to BC and look what bus was pulling in when we were walking off the bus. The Tragical Express was here and we got lucky to get there just in time. Unfortunately we boarded and were on our way to MCO...

We arrived at MCO... Not wanting to go home of course... But school and such....

We arrived back in Milwaukee to SNOW!.... I definitely did not miss that.

And that was that our trip was over. That means this report is coming to an end unfortunately. I will come back with one last update before I officially close out though.

Up Next: Final thoughts

Caught up! Great report. I think we need to start a petition to make you grand Marshall of the parade for your next trip.

Such a great idea doing a Character Breakfast on departure day! We've always stayed at a value or moderate on-site property, but are strongly considering upgrading to a Deluxe for our next stay. Having the option of booking a Character Breakfast within our hotel would be a major pro in our pro/con list :)

Caught up! Great report. I think we need to start a petition to make you grand Marshall of the parade for your next trip.

Thanks!

Being the grand Marshall would be so much fun!

Such a great idea doing a Character Breakfast on departure day! We've always stayed at a value or moderate on-site property, but are strongly considering upgrading to a Deluxe for our next stay. Having the option of booking a Character Breakfast within our hotel would be a major pro in our pro/con list :)

Yes I figured since we had a character meal right at our resort we would do that on our final day since we had time.

Those character beach outfits are super cute!

Disney Springs is an awesome way to spend departure day. Sounds like you guys did a good job finishing up all of your dining plan credits!

Sad that you had to go home (and there was snow) ... but that whole school thing is kinda important.

What a great trip. At least you got some last minute Disney magic in before having to leave. I think that is better than leaving at some ungodly early morning hour where you don't even get to do anything before getting on that sad departure bus lol

Those character beach outfits are super cute!

Disney Springs is an awesome way to spend departure day. Sounds like you guys did a good job finishing up all of your dining plan credits!

Sad that you had to go home (and there was snow) ... but that whole school thing is kinda important.

Yes I loved their outfits!

I think we had one or two quick service credits left but oh well.

Yes school I had to go back to graduate!

What a great trip. At least you got some last minute Disney magic in before having to leave. I think that is better than leaving at some ungodly early morning hour where you don't even get to do anything before getting on that sad departure bus lol

It was a great trip! Yes I don't like leaving super early so we make sure so leave in the afternoon or at night on our last day.

Final Thoughts...

Well my report has come to a close. I must say I have loved sharing my experiences with you and look forward to my future adventures. This trip had a lot of firsts and a lot of fun. I had my first Dis meet, saw the Osborne lights for the first and last time, and ran my first half marathon.

This was also my first deluxe stay. I absolutely loved it. Beach Club is my favorite resort currently which I thought would be hard to do because I also love POR. The proximity to Epcot and Hollywood Studios is awesome. Our first level room with club level access and views of DHS fireworks and the lagoon was amazing. I definitely hope to be back at the Beach Club soon.

image.jpeg

Some awesome experiences throughout my trip that stick out...

Seeing the Osborne lights for the first time. As someone who loves Christmas lights and does their own display I was in heaven. They were amazing and I'm sad to see them go.

Running the WDW 5K with my sister. This was my first race running with someone else. I really enjoyed having someone else there with me to run with. We had a lot of fun and I can't wait to do it again.

image.jpeg

Running the WDW Half Marathon. Incredible experience. Yes it's expensive to run these races and yes the course entertainment for many of these races has been lagging the past couple years but nothing beats running down Main Street, seeing the castle in lights, and then running through the castle. It was by far my favorite race to date.

image.jpeg

My parents showing up to surprise us at WDW! I thought that was awesome and it was a lot of fun to have them there. I was glad to share a lot of our experiences on this trip with them and my grandma and her sister Judy.

I thought this trip I got some incredible shots of different parts of the parks. From illuminations to the castle to the Osborne lights. I think I improved my photography skills and hope to continue to do so.

What's next?

Well as you know I will be starting college this fall (I graduate next week, and today is my last full day of school!). I will be pursuing Civil Engineering in hopes to eventually work for Disney in some form.

As you also already know I will be back in January 2017 for Walt Disney World Marathon weekend! I am taking on the one and only Dopey Challenge. Many people I know think I'm crazy but I don't care I love bling! I will be starting a pre-trip report about that trip soon. I am extremely excited for that trip because it is shaping up to be bigger and better than this one!

I sincerely thank each and everyone of you for reading this report. I also hope you can join me in my next one. If not you can always find me on the Rumors and News Board.

Thanks again for reading!!!

Good luck with graduation, college, and the races next year. Have you read Marty Sklar's book "One Little Spark"? He tries to address how to become an Imagineer. I think much of the advice is good for engineering in general too.

Good luck with graduation, college, and the races next year. Have you read Marty Sklar's book "One Little Spark"? He tries to address how to become an Imagineer. I think much of the advice is good for engineering in general too.
I have not read that yet but it's on my list to read.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter