I am never riding Space Mountain again! A Marathon Weekend TR Complete

Great TR and I look forward to your next PTR and hearing about the leadup to the Dopey challenge! I do sorta think you're crazy but then so is my husband who has done an IronMan and would like to do Dopey too...so there's lots of crazy people out there!! Best of luck with graduation and the start of college, such exciting times!!

Great TR and I look forward to your next PTR and hearing about the leadup to the Dopey challenge! I do sorta think you're crazy but then so is my husband who has done an IronMan and would like to do Dopey too...so there's lots of crazy people out there!! Best of luck with graduation and the start of college, such exciting times!!
Thanks! I'll start my pre-trip report soon and post the link here. I applaud anyone who's done an ironman I don't know if that's in my future anytime soon.

Thanks for sharing your trip! It was really great reading about your experience, and it was awesome seeing you during the 10K!

Good luck with school (I'm sure you'll do great), and I'm looking forward to reading all about your Dopey experience next year!

Thanks for sharing your trip! It was really great reading about your experience, and it was awesome seeing you during the 10K!

Good luck with school (I'm sure you'll do great), and I'm looking forward to reading all about your Dopey experience next year!
Thanks! It was great seeing you too!

While I can't wait for January I'm glad there still is 200 days or so until then because I need to train.

We go some of that wonderful juice that disney serves at many of their breakfast locations. I just love that stuff. I liked the decor continuing with the beach theme of the Beach Club.

Is that the POG juice? The stuff from Kona and Ohana?

That's (good) news to me!

We haven't had breakfast at Cape May since our 2008 trip (we weren't even staying at the Beach Club on that trip). But I love the characters in their beach outfits. When we dined there, Chip and Dale were still appearing. I have a picture of my boys there on the FAQ thread.

P8180423-1.jpg

Scary moments with the missing phone! But it sounds like you knew it was in the room.

Nice use of time at Disney Springs. I have not eaten at Wolfgang Puck's but hear it is great.

The Lego store is our destination of choice in DTD/DS. So fun. Such incredible sculptures.

The Tragical Express was here and we got lucky to get there just in time. Unfortunately we boarded and were on our way to MCO...

Tragical Depress.jpg

Great report Ryan! Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us. Loved your photos and your writing. A really great multi-generational trip made better with the surprise visit from your parents. Isn't it amazing and wonderful how Disney appeals to all age groups!

This was also my first deluxe stay. I absolutely loved it. Beach Club is my favorite resort currently which I thought would be hard to do because I also love POR. The proximity to Epcot and Hollywood Studios is awesome. Our first level room with club level access and views of DHS fireworks and the lagoon was amazing. I definitely hope to be back at the Beach Club soon.

I am so glad to hear this and I wish another stay at the BC for you. You not know it, but I happen to have a special place in my heart for the resort. ;)

Congrats on your upcoming graduation!

Thanks again and see you around the boards.

:goodvibes

Is that the POG juice? The stuff from Kona and Ohana?

That's (good) news to me!

We haven't had breakfast at Cape May since our 2008 trip (we weren't even staying at the Beach Club on that trip). But I love the characters in their beach outfits. When we dined there, Chip and Dale were still appearing. I have a picture of my boys there on the FAQ thread.

P8180423-1.jpg

Scary moments with the missing phone! But it sounds like you knew it was in the room.

Nice use of time at Disney Springs. I have not eaten at Wolfgang Puck's but hear it is great.

The Lego store is our destination of choice in DTD/DS. So fun. Such incredible sculptures.

View attachment 173526

Yes it is that juice from Kona! I really enjoyed Cape May.

Yes thank god we found it before we left!

That was our first time at Wolfgang Puck and it was quite good.

Great report Ryan! Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us. Loved your photos and your writing. A really great multi-generational trip made better with the surprise visit from your parents. Isn't it amazing and wonderful how Disney appeals to all age groups!

I am so glad to hear this and I wish another stay at the BC for you. You not know it, but I happen to have a special place in my heart for the resort. ;)

Congrats on your upcoming graduation!

Thanks again and see you around the boards.

:goodvibes

Thanks so much for reading! I love sharing my experiences.

Yes I hope to stay at BC again but it likely won't be in 2017.

Less than a week until graduation!

Great report! I enjoyed reading it, thanks for sharing so many awesome moments and photos with us. Those Star Wars fireworks are just fantastic! My husband and I did a dessert party the night after the marathon and even though I'm not much into desserts, it was so worth it. Highly recommend if they are still around for marathon weekend 2017. Looking forward to your Dopey shenanigans!

I am really going to miss the Osborne lights, too. They were just phenomenal and I hope that Disney finds a way to relocate them or use them in some other fashion.

Breaking News!

Well today was registration day for Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend...

I knew I would I be back but I just didn't know what exactly I wanted to do. After lots of debating and discussion I am

Officially going Dopey in 2017!

That's right folks 48.6 miles in four days!

That's not all. My youngest sister Sydnee will be running the Mickey Mile again. My Mom is doing the 5K and so are about 7 of our good friends!

I hope to get an update about our dinner at Chefs De France up tonight or tomorrow. As soon as I finish this TR I will be starting a PTR!

My husband is doing the Dopey also. I am doing the 5k, 10k, and Half marathon with him.

Great report! I enjoyed reading it, thanks for sharing so many awesome moments and photos with us. Those Star Wars fireworks are just fantastic! My husband and I did a dessert party the night after the marathon and even though I'm not much into desserts, it was so worth it. Highly recommend if they are still around for marathon weekend 2017. Looking forward to your Dopey shenanigans!

I am really going to miss the Osborne lights, too. They were just phenomenal and I hope that Disney finds a way to relocate them or use them in some other fashion.
Thanks for reading!

I'll have to look into the dessert party for January. I know the fireworks will still be around but if the party is I'm definitely interested.

I know they won't be using the Osborne name anymore since the family has said so but I hope they do some sort of light display though.

Ryan...I am so sorry. The spring life got in the way and I just did not keep up reading TR and barely kept my PTR going. I am headed back pages and learn about your run adventures! I am excited though to see Dopey through your eyes next year before I attempt it in 2018!

Okay...went back in and found your Half report...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU...a proud DISMOM!

I love that you set 3 alarms...we all do the same thing too, but I really dont think for me atleast there is anyway I could oversleep on Disney Race Day. I am totally with you that the earlier the better...I will be the first on the bus and I will be on the first bus from the resort! Totally not cool of those who think they can roll out of bed, get to the corrals on time and then when they realize they can't be decide it is okay to be rude to volunteers!

I have the same problems with the start of a race, I so want to run, run, run...but I always pay for it later. I love the confidence you had stopping at all the character stops...this is a Disney race, time for worrying about PRs in another race. Enjoy yourself. I so wanted to lay down in front of the train at PHM, but I knew if I got down I would probably not get up!

Again, so proud of your finish and your first half!!!! I am so glad you wore your medal and enjoyed showing it off...

Ryan...I am so sorry. The spring life got in the way and I just did not keep up reading TR and barely kept my PTR going. I am headed back pages and learn about your run adventures! I am excited though to see Dopey through your eyes next year before I attempt it in 2018!

That's okay life happens to all of us. I can't wait for dopey.

Okay...went back in and found your Half report...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU...a proud DISMOM!

I love that you set 3 alarms...we all do the same thing too, but I really dont think for me atleast there is anyway I could oversleep on Disney Race Day. I am totally with you that the earlier the better...I will be the first on the bus and I will be on the first bus from the resort! Totally not cool of those who think they can roll out of bed, get to the corrals on time and then when they realize they can't be decide it is okay to be rude to volunteers!

I have the same problems with the start of a race, I so want to run, run, run...but I always pay for it later. I love the confidence you had stopping at all the character stops...this is a Disney race, time for worrying about PRs in another race. Enjoy yourself. I so wanted to lay down in front of the train at PHM, but I knew if I got down I would probably not get up!

Again, so proud of your finish and your first half!!!! I am so glad you wore your medal and enjoyed showing it off...

Thank you!

Yes I'd much rather be early than late. Race volunteers are awesome (except for the one I encountered at the expo) no one should be mean to them.

I didn't quite stop for all of the characters but most of them. Disney races are just where I want to have fun and enjoy myself I don't care about time.

Thanks again!

I was reading your final thoughts and thought "Oh man, if he gets his CivE degree and works as an imagineer, he won't be able to run the news boards...bummer!

Haha! Just kidding. That's a great ambition to have. I was the wrong kind of Engineer to join Disney - though at the time i wasn't interested -I became a Disney junkie later in life. Hopefully you can work there and try and save Disney from itself.

Anyways - nice wrap up to your trip. We did Cape May Cafe once many years ago and though it was good. I see they cut Chip and Dale out, there used to be more characters. #thanksshanghai

I was reading your final thoughts and thought "Oh man, if he gets his CivE degree and works as an imagineer, he won't be able to run the news boards...bummer!

Haha! Just kidding. That's a great ambition to have. I was the wrong kind of Engineer to join Disney - though at the time i wasn't interested -I became a Disney junkie later in life. Hopefully you can work there and try and save Disney from itself.

Anyways - nice wrap up to your trip. We did Cape May Cafe once many years ago and though it was good. I see they cut Chip and Dale out, there used to be more characters. #thanksshanghai
Lol. I would probably still get to post just wouldn't get to reveal anything I'm working on which would cost me my job.

We can only hope Disney gets better before I get there if I get there.

I didn't know they used to have more characters. Makes sense though. It probably wasn't Shanghai's fault more like DCA maybe or AK? Who knows.

I didn't know they used to have more characters. Makes sense though. It probably wasn't Shanghai's fault more like DCA maybe or AK? Who knows.

Looked it up - no Donald, but used to be Goofy, Minnie, Chip and Dale. This was 2008 - so yeah I was just kidding about Shanghai - I don't really know when it changed.

DSCN1989.JPG DSCN1984.JPG

Just joined and got myself caught up on your report. I have to say, as a High School teacher, you are one heck of a mature and articulate 17 year old. Dude, I am impressed :) Can't wait to hear how your first 1/2 goes.

Geez, no kidding! My thoughts exactly! Enjoying your TR :)

Playing catch up again. I got a little behind because I was out of town over the weekend.

Cape May for breakfast looks like fun and I need to get there someday. I've done dinner twice but never breakfast. I haven't made it a priority because it's hard to get there from resorts other than Boardwalk ones plus no Pluto! I definitely want to get pictures with the characters in their beach gear someday.

Thanks for the great report, I really love reading about the Disney races. I'm even thinking about signing up for one of the 5Ks someday. I figure I can fast walk it if I have too just to have the experience. It won't be 2017 though since we are going to Disneyland then.

Geez, no kidding! My thoughts exactly! Enjoying your TR :)

Thanks for reading!

Playing catch up again. I got a little behind because I was out of town over the weekend.

Cape May for breakfast looks like fun and I need to get there someday. I've done dinner twice but never breakfast. I haven't made it a priority because it's hard to get there from resorts other than Boardwalk ones plus no Pluto! I definitely want to get pictures with the characters in their beach gear someday.

Thanks for the great report, I really love reading about the Disney races. I'm even thinking about signing up for one of the 5Ks someday. I figure I can fast walk it if I have too just to have the experience. It won't be 2017 though since we are going to Disneyland then.

Breakfast was great. A nice way to start our departure day. Oh I know no Pluto! That would be cool if they had him there.

Thanks for reading! I highly recommend a 5K! The 5K isn't really times so I think you'll be able to do it no problem. I'm jealous of your Disneyland trip. I've never been and really want to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter