I am psyched!!! (Atkins)

CynJ

Caffeinated Insomniac
I am so excited!!!! I started Atkins last Friday and I am on day five. For the first time since I started it I jumped on the scale - in 4 1/2 days I lost 5lbs!!!! :bounce:

I am 5'2" and really smalled framed - but I started out at 240lbs. That is a lot. My health is a train wreck. I bought the book and got started! Its not too bad!

Just wanted to share!! I am psyched!

Wonderful CynJ! I have been doing it for a while now, and am thrilled with the results. Their website is good, too! PM me if you have any questions or need tips. I have wasted a lot of money on bars, shakes, etc. that were so gross, I had to throw them away! I now know what is good and what NOT to buy!

I just started Atkins today! I plan to do the 2 week induction. CynJ, congrats on your progress so far! Mrs. PH, I love some tips from you about the shakes and bars. In the past I too have wasted much money on these items only to discover I'd have been better off eating a piece of cardboard! I have registered on the Atkins Center Website...what a wealth of info! Any advice and tips would be most appreciated....feel free to PM me. Thanks all.....let the weight loss begin!

hi everybody i have been thinking about starting the atkins diet myself and if anyone could oblige me with the web site that you have mentioned and any tips that would be great i have the atkins book(i supose there is so many out there) thakns in advance for any help.

Banjo, be sure to let us know when you start....we can all be in this together. I found it very helpful to print out a lot of the info from the atkin's site and then sit down with it to make a game plan for myself. This weekend I will make a more detailed grocery list for next weeks meals. I have found it's much easier to have a meal plan than leave it to chance at the last minute.

Mrs. PH thanks for the PM and tips!

I am doing atkins too & I love it! It's been about 2 months for me. I've lost 17 pounds.

The last time I did atkins was before I got pregnant. I lost 35+ pounds & kept it off until we decided to try for a baby & I decided I didn't need to worry about what I ate! What a mistake! This time around I know how to handle it better.

Another website I've read it the discussion forums at www.thinner.com

Good Luck :) I have seen Atkins work wonders for some! I did try but I needed fruits and veggies!

Please keep us posted

thanks everyone for getting back so quick and thanks for the links all i need now is to start but i have a couple of work night outs in the next week so ill save it untill after that to start thank you again
margaret.

I have lost 51 pounds so far on Atkins. Only 15 more to go before I am to what I think will be my ideal weight. I too am smal only 5 feet tall and started last July. My weight then was 190. I am down to 138. I want to be around 125 or so...Nothing has ever worked as well as the Atkins diet. Good luck and if anyone needs encouragement or to talk about the diet feel free to email me anytime!!!

That is awesome Glo!!!!!

I was doing really well until Sunday -I got the dreaded stomach virus and I have been sick for 4 days. I can't stand it.

But in my first 2 weeks of Atkins I lost 10lbs. Once food decides to stay with me again I am getting back on track. I had decided to see if I can stick it out a while longer on the induction phase to really give my system a jump start. Glo - how long did you do induction?

Glo, that's great! It really works well, doesn't it?

I am down 17 pounds in 2 months & I just joined Curves so I'm hoping that will help too.

I stayed on induction for most of the first month & have just recently increased my carbs a teeny bit. I cheated for 2 days in a row over easter & when I went back on atkins on Monday, at the induction level, I stayed the same for a few days & then dropped 4 pounds.I think it sort of shocks you!

I track my weight every day (in 28 day cycles :) ) using Excel & can see patterns. I have noticed that there are certain days of the month when I lose weight and others when I don't, no matter what I eat (within the diet)! A friend who has tracked her weight for 7 months has noticed she follows the same up & down pattern every month too. It's pretty neat!

Hi everyone! I was on Atkins for a few months and dropped 50 pounds. (I had about 30 more to go). Then I was bad and went back to my old bad eating habits and gained a little back, but now I'm psyched and ready to start again!!

Atkins is one of the healthiest ways of eating! My doctor is very encouraging about it! I eat lots of meat, cheese, vegetables, some fruit, and nuts. I just stay away from sugars and starches and processed foods. Very healthy! :D

There are many people out there who don't know what the Atkins diet really is. They think we can't eat vegetables, and all we eat is meat. Old wives' tales, I guess. Dr. Atkins encourages eating lots of healthy vegetables (i.e., salads) and even having some fruit (just not overdoing the fruit because of the sugar content).

I also joined Curves a couple of weeks ago - and I bought their nutritional book. Guess what!!! The diet they recommend is almost word-for-word exactly like Atkins!!! More and more doctors and nutritionists are realizing that this is the healthiest way of losing weight!

Keep up the good work everyone! :D

CynJ I stayed on the induction for about a month. Then I added a few carbs but I am under 30 carbs a day for the most part. I am having a hard time loosing the last 15 and am thinking of going back on the induction stage again.

Good luck!

Those last few are the hardest I've heard! Maybe induction for a week wouldn't be a bad idea. If you try it, let us know how it works! Maybe upping your exercise would help too?

Hi. I just started the Atkins on Friday and by Monday I had already lost 3 lbs. I was trying WW but I was just getting discouraged. I did the Atkins a couple of years ago and did great on it but went back to my old eating habits and gained. I really liked the Atkins and ate alot better than when I was not on any diet.

That's a good thing about Atkins - you're eating healthy! So, even if you don't lose weight, you'll feel better and be healthier, just changing your eating habits! :D

I feel like I have so much more energy! And I am not hungry. That is a good feeling!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter