I am thankful for...................................

I am thankful for the amazing two weeks we had in Florida recently - probably the best trip we've ever taken as a family. DS who is 14 now is so easy to take places now and really a great travel companion. I'm also thankful for my brother in law who brought my two nieces down for part of the trip which allowed DS to have a couple great days getting his roller coaster on at Seaworld and Busch Gardens with his cousins.

I am also thankful we are now home.

I am thankful for my sister in law who brought me home Starbucks this morning for my birthday today when she went to town (we all live on a farm out of town). Also thankful for the new niece or nephew she's currently incubating and really having a rough go with. Hoping that eases for her soon.

I am thankful for my gym buddies who surprised me with a super sweet birthday present on Friday (cute little plant in a concrete pot from a local company).

Isn't it great when the kids get to be old enough that we discover the joy in traveling with them,,love traveling with my sons too.
Happy Birthday Hon!
1584302339255.png

I am thankful for the amazing two weeks we had in Florida recently - probably the best trip we've ever taken as a family. DS who is 14 now is so easy to take places now and really a great travel companion. I'm also thankful for my brother in law who brought my two nieces down for part of the trip which allowed DS to have a couple great days getting his roller coaster on at Seaworld and Busch Gardens with his cousins.

I am also thankful we are now home.

I am thankful for my sister in law who brought me home Starbucks this morning for my birthday today when she went to town (we all live on a farm out of town). Also thankful for the new niece or nephew she's currently incubating and really having a rough go with. Hoping that eases for her soon.

I am thankful for my gym buddies who surprised me with a super sweet birthday present on Friday (cute little plant in a concrete pot from a local company).
Happy birthday!

I am thankful for having a wonderful husband who loves me unconditionally, including all my shortcomings and supports my yearly Disney travel with DD22 since 2010. I am thankful that both of my parents are healthy, except for some minor issues, and I get to show my gratitude and take care of them as much as I can now. I am thankful for having a daughter who loves Disney as much as I do and has become an awesome travel companion over the years. I am thankful for having a job I love with great colleagues. I am thankful to all the Dis’ers here who have helped me plan my Disney trips over the years, especially the Canadian Airmiles group. You guys have been wonderfully supportive and helpful! I couldn’t have made Onyx and used my AM for flights and Disney tickets in the past 4 years without you. I am thankful that I can be thankful for so many things in life and feel loved everyday by my families and friends in various ways.

Thanks Mel for starting such an awesome thread! Positive mind=Healthy body. Stay safe and healthy my comrades!

Last edited:
I am thankful for my amazing family. They have accepted this cancelled trip with grace and humour despite driving 3000km in less than two days. That’s 2 out of 3 kids with adhd and one with anxiety as well! They are rock stars.

Right now I am also very thankful and pretty proud to be Canadian.

As I walked the dog this morning I realized I am thankful for the sounds of birds chirping in the trees.
The sounds of a city coming to life (traffic and trains in the distance),
The crisp clean Canadian air that I breathe,
The lack of snow or ice on the road so that I can walk without fear of falling (though that may change overnight)

Keep the list going dear friends.

I really really need this exercise.
I am thankful that even though it looks as though I am going to lose my income for the time being, we can still eat and keep a roof over our heads with my husbands. It will be very tough but that's huge and I need to stop panicking and be grateful.
I am thankful for my husband, my healthy happy kids, my awesome Labrador Retrievers, my extended family. I have wonderful people in my life.
I am thankful that I am tough and resilient.
I am thankful that I just found a book series that I love that has so many volumes in it. I grabbed the next one on Thursday so I am set for awhile.
I am thankful for this fine community and having online friends to navigate all of this with!
It could always be worse and I will be grateful.

I really really need this exercise.
I am thankful that even though it looks as though I am going to lose my income for the time being, we can still eat and keep a roof over our heads with my husbands. It will be very tough but that's huge and I need to stop panicking and be grateful.
I am thankful for my husband, my healthy happy kids, my awesome Labrador Retrievers, my extended family. I have wonderful people in my life.
I am thankful that I am tough and resilient.
I am thankful that I just found a book series that I love that has so many volumes in it. I grabbed the next one on Thursday so I am set for awhile.
I am thankful for this fine community and having online friends to navigate all of this with!
It could always be worse and I will be grateful.

I am thankful you are one of my Dis friends and I am so sorry for the job loss Hon.,,yes it is huge but you and hubby will make it through this!! Take time to process and be angry,upset but know you will get through this.
I'll be saying an extra prayer for you tonight.
Thinking of you
Hugs

Mel

I am thankful for YOUtube music videos,,,
I need to get back to my daily dancing to the oldies..

*My Scottish grandmother was dancing well into her 90's and used to instruct others at her seniors center.
Her specialty was doing the jitterbug,,the swing,the mashed potato and the swim,,,just sharing a beautiful memory.*

Hugs
Mel

I am thankful for YOUtube music videos,,,
I need to get back to my daily dancing to the oldies..

*My Scottish grandmother was dancing well into her 90's and used to instruct others at her seniors center.
Her specialty was doing the jitterbug,,the swing,the mashed potato and the swim,,,just sharing a beautiful memory.*

Hugs
Mel
awww... Grandmas!!! I had two of the very best. They weathered WW2 and the Great Depression. We can do this!!

I am thankful my boss got me a new laptop I could pick up today so I'll be able to work from home next week (vacation this week).
I am also thankful my groomer is able to squeeze my puppy in today, he should have had a haircut two weeks ago so I need this done and it's stressing me out! I am hopeful stores will be open enough tomorrow that I can get dog food after I get paid. and put gas in the car then too.
Thankful I have enough groceries that I don't need to hit up the stores, but I know that won't last forever so will need a good plan.

and thankful everyone on here has been pretty nice about everything.

I am thankful my boss got me a new laptop I could pick up today so I'll be able to work from home next week (vacation this week).
I am also thankful my groomer is able to squeeze my puppy in today, he should have had a haircut two weeks ago so I need this done and it's stressing me out! I am hopeful stores will be open enough tomorrow that I can get dog food after I get paid. and put gas in the car then too.
Thankful I have enough groceries that I don't need to hit up the stores, but I know that won't last forever so will need a good plan.

and thankful everyone on here has been pretty nice about everything.

That is great news Hon,,kudos to your Boss.
Hugs to you!
Mel

I am thankful for all of the wonderful, kindhearted, caring people in the world and especially my community. Sometimes the worst of times brings out the best in people. Unfortunately, the generous and kind acts of these folks become buried under the more dramatic news-making ones of people not at their best. May we seek opportunities to applaud the unsung heroes and gracious helpers and givers during this time. Everyone could use a little pixie dust now!

My nephew always making me laugh. We went grocery shopping today and he was so excited because off all the frozen veg left they had bags of lima beans. They are his favourite - I know he is odd but he was so happy that everybody had left them for him so we had to buy 2 bags. :jester:
I love them too but he would eat them over frozen peas.

That we live in an area abundant with nature to explore
That we homeschool
That for now, DH will be able to work from home/be paid
That we do have some money/options to fall back on if necessary (though we're really praying DH can be paid through till the end of his contract in June)
For delivery service for groceries
That thus far, we are all in good health
For friends and family to connect with

That we live in an area abundant with nature to explore
That we homeschool
That for now, DH will be able to work from home/be paid
That we do have some money/options to fall back on if necessary (though we're really praying DH can be paid through till the end of his contract in June)
For delivery service for groceries
That thus far, we are all in good health
For friends and family to connect with

Fingers and toes crossed that he can work right through to June Hon.
I hate to say this as an airmiles lady but my son convinced me to try loblaws online today as they deliver and have quick pick up.
I'm thankful for my son's thoughtfulness.

Hugs
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter