I am thankful for...................................

I am thankful that Starbucks just posted that my Stars are not going to expire....YEAH!!
Hugs
Mel
Starbucks® Rewards
For our Starbucks Rewards members we recognize that the current environment may limit your ability to redeem your Stars. Therefore, we will delay the expiration of all Stars scheduled to expire between now and June 1, 2020. For more information about changes to the Starbucks Rewards program please continue to visit our website.

I am thankful that our flu seems to really be flu (no fever, still only wet not dry cough) - still not leaving the house though.

I’m thankful for my husband, who is always calm and never panics. They say women choose a partner in keeping with the example set by their father. So, I am also grateful for my father, who was a man of limitless patience and sense of responsibility. I have found it difficult since my DF died so young to think of someone else in that role of stable, always dependable rock. This situation has made me realize that it’s ok to depend completely on someone else again.

I am grateful for my kids’ teachers who have covered almost all of the grds 5 & 7 curriculum. As an educator my mind went to work right away to occupy itself and the kids and I went down a curriculum checklist together, only to find their awesome teachers had covered the vast majority (especially math 😒 - I am NOT a math teacher and was dreading it).

Finally I am thankful for our healthcare workers. I pray that we all do our bit to lighten their load, by doing as required and staying home as much as possible.

I am thankful that our flu seems to really be flu (no fever, still only wet not dry cough) - still not leaving the house though.

I’m thankful for my husband, who is always calm and never panics. They say women choose a partner in keeping with the example set by their father. So, I am also grateful for my father, who was a man of limitless patience and sense of responsibility. I have found it difficult since my DF died so young to think of someone else in that role of stable, always dependable rock. This situation has made me realize that it’s ok to depend completely on someone else again.

I am grateful for my kids’ teachers who have covered almost all of the grds 5 & 7 curriculum. As an educator my mind went to work right away to occupy itself and the kids and I went down a curriculum checklist together, only to find their awesome teachers had covered the vast majority (especially math 😒 - I am NOT a math teacher and was dreading it).

Finally I am thankful for our healthcare workers. I pray that we all do our bit to lighten their load, by doing as required and staying home as much as possible.

Hi Hon
so happy that it's just the Flu,,I supported some kids in grade 8 a few years ago and MATH was a nightmare,,the teacher frequently asked for my input,,,lol,,lol.
I am so happy to be in grades 2-5 now.
Hugs to you and your family
Mel

I am thankful for my son's girlfriend who is sending his favourite pizza (and mine) to him tonight for a surprise for his birthday. She won't be joining us because she works with the public and doesn't want to risk infecting us.

I am thankful that tomorrow is her birthday and DS and I can surprise her with flowers and some gifts once she is home from work.

I am thankful that my Airmiles posted to my account, as usual, today. It's nice that some things have not changed.

I am thankful that nobody is going to judge me because I haven't had my roots done!!!!!

We're going to be a motley looking crew by the time this is all done!

HeHeHe,,lol...
I was Youtube videoing how to cut your own hair,,,ahhhh I think I'm going to go with a homemade hairband...lol.
Hugs Hon

I was waiting for March break to go get my haircut. Now it's just so annoying. Oh well... gives me more time to decide what I'll do to it? I used to cut it myself when it was long and just a straight cut, but I got a fancy cut last time and now it's all layered and stuff, can't do it myself :( Oh well....

I am thankful that I went for a haircut just last week and it will last for a long time. Good thing I asked for it to be cut a little shorter. Oh and no dark roots for me as I left mine gray after I got my "new hair" after my chemo treatment 6 years ago.

HeHeHe,,lol...
I was Youtube videoing how to cut your own hair,,,ahhhh I think I'm going to go with a homemade hairband...lol.
Hugs Hon
I cut my own hair for the first time a few weeks ago (zero experience). I did a small trim using the double unicorn method (I did 3 layers though). Don’t think I’ll ever pay for a haircut again to be honest. Just used sharp craft scissors.

Fingers and toes crossed that he can work right through to June Hon.
I hate to say this as an airmiles lady but my son convinced me to try loblaws online today as they deliver and have quick pick up.
I'm thankful for my son's thoughtfulness.

Hugs
Mel
Doesn't Sobeys doo this? We Have Thrifty Foods, which was bought by Sobeys a few years ago and they have grocery delivery.

I'm thankful for the management where I work. Family owned, but medium sized business with 6 offices on the island. Daily updates and policies put into place to keep us safe while working. A bit of relief in strange and stressful times.
My sister who has been watching my daughter as she took Spring break off. DD11(on Monday) spends her mornings with Auntie, and afternoon for a couple of hours at home. My office is 5 mins from home and Aunties' house is halfway between. She can message me on my phone. I check in on her on my break as well.
My daughter who, despite having both her family and friend birthday celebrations postponed, has managed to handle the disappointment fairly well. She has matured and grown in the last couple of weeks so much.
I am grateful my family thus far is doing the best to find other ways to stay connected without having to see each other face to face.

Today I am thankful that a local artist who has held art classes before is going to do a couple of free facebook live courses and that now Michaels offers in store pickup where they will bring it out to your car. I ordered my paint supplies from Michaels and will send my brother to pick it up later. It won't be the same as being held in person because she won't be able to see if you need to do any enhancements to your work but as she says every picture painted is different because art is in the eye of the beholder.

I will share my completed work (good or bad) after it is finished. Class isn't until Wed March 25.
Edited to add that my brother has to drop off my nephews girlfriend at the costco for work and the Michaels is right beside it otherwise I may have gotten it shipped.

Last edited:
So just something I did today...
It's my sister inlaw 's Birthday,,,salt of the earth kind of lady,,always thinking and doing for others.
She has a huge amount of family in Italy right now.
I drove down to her place and asked her to come to the front door a did a front lawn Birthday Dance!! Yep me who would never be caught in public dancing.
Here's what I danced to....................................

Again I am so thankful for my family!!

Gotta jump in on this thread and adjust my perspective a bit...

Probably over sharing, but what the heck. We’ve been trying for kiddo #2 for a bit, and we’ve had some ups and downs, including another loss (this time on Christmas Eve...). We just found out we had another failed cycle, and our clinic is closed indefinitely because of COVID-19. Because of biology, we can’t try without our clinic. I’m feeling pretty down, but it’s completely out of our hands, so I’m trying to focus on the positives for a bit.

So:
- I am thankful that I genuinely like my family. Since we’re spending a lot of time together right now, I’m glad I actually enjoy their company.
- I am thankful that my wife and I are both readers, and that we have a jam packed set of shelves to burn through.
- I am thankful for our fully stocked cupboards, and for a partner who reminds me of all the great meals we can make when I get nervous that we’re running low.
- I am thankful that we’re in a position to actively follow social distancing policies. Other than neighbourhood walks, we haven’t been out in almost a week.
- I am thankful that the sun is shining more. Longer, warner days make everything feel a bit easier to manage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter