I am thankful for...................................

Oh right, I forgot about this thread :) I am thankful I have a big window in the kitchen next to where I am working and get to watch so much wildlife in the backyard. Today a beautiful red cardinal sat on the fence for quite a bit. A HUGE bunny was out there, he snuck into the neighbours yard before the puppy could chase him away. And wow there are a lot of squirrels of all colours running around out there, even a little chipmunk! Cats are enjoying the show, dog is getting good entertainment as well. I like seeing the snow almost gone out there, but wonder how I am going to clean it all up... I do not like yard work lol.

Thought this could use a much needed bump. I've been purposely limiting myself to checking news once a day just for any big updates, and I make a to do list when I start my day. I feel so calm and centered and peaceful most of the time following these rules. I'm struggling a little as dd23 and her boyfriend bought a house and they move soon. So.. as much as I will miss her..
I am SO grateful that she has a kind partner and that they are able to have a wonderful little home and she's on her way to a happy adulthood. She's moving 30 minutes away, not to the moon, and I am thankful that she's still so close.:)

Thanks for taking the time to share such good news,,Hugs Hon!
Mel

I am thankful I have one desktop , two laptops, one iPhone and unlimited wifi to conquer distance teaching next week. Have been having school virtual meetings and board virtual PDs in the past days. What a love-hate relationship with technologies these days!! Rogers went dead a few times today. This is the time we need it the most in our life, and I hope it won’t happen when I am giving live lessons!

I am thankful I have one desktop , two laptops, one iPhone and unlimited wifi to conquer distance teaching next week. Have been having school virtual meetings and board virtual PDs in the past days. What a love-hate relationship with technologies these days!! Rogers went dead a few times today. This is the time we need it the most in our life, and I hope it won’t happen when I am giving live lessons!

I am so thankful that I have a son who has helped me navigate my way through the school virtual meetings.
I am not sure I am ready for this.:tilt:

Hugs
Mel

Today I am thankful for the staff at my daughters school, and all the extra work they are putting in to making distance learning a real thing. The ODE (Oregon Department of Education) announced yesterday that it was most likely that kids would not return to in school learning until the Fall, and has instructed the schools to develop a whole new way of teaching using every resource they can to comply with equity rules. Everyone needs equal access. The staff at our school has been working on this (even during their own spring break - time they usually would be enjoying their families) to prepare for their kids. And the videos and messages they have been posting for the kids are great. So grateful for the love they have for our kids and the effort they put in.

I am so thankful that I have a son who has helped me navigate my way through the school virtual meetings.
I am not sure I am ready for this.:tilt:

Hugs
Mel
I am thankful that DD is also working from home so she can be my IT support. Trying out Google Meet to teach math live tomorrow with my Surface Pro before getting a Dry Erase whiteboard. I am anxious about the live lessons too!

Today I am thankful for the staff at my daughters school, and all the extra work they are putting in to making distance learning a real thing. The ODE (Oregon Department of Education) announced yesterday that it was most likely that kids would not return to in school learning until the Fall, and has instructed the schools to develop a whole new way of teaching using every resource they can to comply with equity rules. Everyone needs equal access. The staff at our school has been working on this (even during their own spring break - time they usually would be enjoying their families) to prepare for their kids. And the videos and messages they have been posting for the kids are great. So grateful for the love they have for our kids and the effort they put in.
I have been calling home about computer, internet and electronic device accessibility these few days too! Then we need to work out a schedule for meeting time with students to minimize conflicts. This can be challenging. Unlike elementary schools, we teach multiple grades and subjects.

I am thankful for my caring friends. When they have learned that I don’t have masks, they all offer to send me some near and far. I received 40 masks today. I never thought I needed them until I saw a sign yesterday on a store saying “No Mask. No Entry”. Will we be actually turned away for not wearing one? I found a cloth one last night and today my friend sent me 40. I am blessed!

Thank you to all the educators in this thread that are working so hard for your students. My ds 16 is also really nervous about it all and happy to get a bit of his routine back. It's going to be a learning curve for all of you. This family appreciates you all a great deal! :grouphug:

Today I am grateful that I am both privileged and affluent enough that I have the option of self isolating. I have a warm safe home and clean drinking water. I have enough food to eat. I have access to world class healthcare and professionals who are risking their lives to protect mine. I am typing this as a member of a message board for vacations... a luxury and privilege I have enjoyed with my family so many times. This is so much more than millions can say. People will die the world over for lack of the basic necessities and ability to shelter in safety. I must remember to be grateful for all that I have , always.

This is so much more serious than we all ever would have imagined.. I am so deeply grateful that I can quite literally save lives, simply by staying at home.

Last edited:
I am thankful for my caring friends. When they have learned that I don’t have masks, they all offer to send me some near and far. I received 40 masks today. I never thought I needed them until I saw a sign yesterday on a store saying “No Mask. No Entry”. Will we be actually turned away for not wearing one? I found a cloth one last night and today my friend sent me 40. I am blessed!

Hi Hon
If this is any help...I am not saying use masks ,,,,,as the real protective ones are for our people on the front lines saving lives.
But if you need something in a pinch,,this might help.
here is a no sew mask

I’m thankful for the everyone here. Yes, it’s a site for expensive vacations, but it’s also such a nice community too, and I appreciate how much we all do to help and support one another.

Today I’m thankful for longer days, and I hope that more sun brings a bit of warmth soon!

I’m incredibly lucky that my family can stay home so much. Other than a grocery trip ~once a week, and only to one store, we are at home. And on that note, I’m super grateful for my home! This time last year we were living in an apartment where self-isolating would have been really difficult. I’m grateful that we have a bit of space inside and a yard (for once it warms up...), so the walls don’t close in quite so badly.

What a great thread!
I am more thankful than ever for being Canadian.
I am thankful for my daughter.
I am thankful for continuing to have a job in this difficult time.
I am very thankful for all of the community support that I and the other nurses at our hospital are receiving.
I am thankful for Dr. Bonnie Henry for leading BC through a very difficult time.

Good morning Dis friends. Today I am thankful for this lovely Spring weather. It’s been nice to putter around the yard and sit on the deck. Flowers are starting to pop up and birds and squirrels are out. I‘m so glad we are staying home now vs. the middle of winter .

And I’m very thankful for this Canadian Dis community today. I’ve been spending so much time here checking in and I feel like we’re all in this together. It’s definitely comforting :grouphug:.

I'm thankful I'm still able to prepare a traditional meal for my family. I shopped today for a usual Easter dinner. I know we can't all be together in the same location this Easter but I will cook all the food and then package it up with some chocolate goodies for DH to drop off at the boys apartments and my in-laws. It will be Easter in a box this year.

Everyone is healthy and that is all we can ask for these days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter