I believe Disney will reopen

Do you think Disney will reopen

• Yes it will

Votes: 87 91.6%
  • No it wont

Votes: 8 8.4%

• Total voters
All this unknown is scary. But I do believe that things will return to normal in time. It's a question of how much time. If everyone would do their part to self-quarantine (those that reasonably can, which is still a large part of the population) I feel like the medical community would have a better chance of getting this thing under control so that we can all get back to our normal lives. And I bet those of us that make it through this will never take normal life for granted again!

Of course it will reopen. Maybe not in the next few weeks, but it’s not like they will shut down forever.

The simulations say that if China relaxes its policies, then the virus will spread once again just as fast as before. Every virus always has a patient zero. It only takes one instance to spread it all over again. A vaccine will be developed and distributed at some point, but there is no scientific basis to believe China's problem has passed.

And there are whistleblower reports that China is (really, not surprisingly) lying about the crisis having passed. I don't think we can really look to their data as any indication of anything, as tainted as it may be by political motives. If we see South Korea or Italy lifting quarantine rules without a resurgence of the virus, then we'll have an idea of how long it may take... but flattening the curve also draws it out, and I'm reading experts saying everything from 3 to 6 months to "once there is a vaccine" as far as when things might start to go back to normal.

The simulations say that if China relaxes its policies, then the virus will spread once again just as fast as before. Every virus always has a patient zero. It only takes one instance to spread it all over again. A vaccine will be developed and distributed at some point, but there is no scientific basis to believe China's problem has passed.

Historically much like the Spanish flu. The next wave was worse.

I, for one, am excited for all the construction progress and fixes they can make with no people in the way. 8-)

I, for one, am excited for all the construction progress and fixes they can make with no people in the way. 8-)

Possibly? I'm a bit concerned about any upcoming projects though. They could be put on hold for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if the SSE refurb were postponed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter