I Can! I Can Stink at 9am! A January TR - 3/8 New TR Link!

Following along :) I've read a few of your other TRs awhile ago and it's so nice to come across this one now, I can't believe how big your DS has gotten since the time I last read your TR. :goodvibes

This was me at the end

I can relate to that feeling.

We had about 45 minutes left once we got past security, so DM went to the bar (yep, still doing the drinking business before flying) and I went and walked around with DS for some exercise
Seems like things are off to a good start. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

DH said he lied. He wasn’t on the shuttle, he had went past the entrance to Parking Lot C three times and didn’t want to tell me…BECAUSE I had told him to pay attention to where he was going since he has zero attention span. He had forgotten where he was going the first two times and the last time a bus was in his way so he missed it.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

I decided to board first with the carseat so that I could get our area all set up and that would be less time on the plane for DS.
Maybe we should have taken the carseat on. I wasn't sure if ours was FAA approved, and I didn't want to lug it around the airport so we checked it. Might have helped control DD a little bit better. Maybe. Probably not. :crazy2:

He loved the noise and the movement of the plane!
:thumbsup2

While I was reading, DH took up both the screens with sports and he was creepily content
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

And then 20 minutes till we were about to land
Naturally... :rotfl2:

Sleep did not come for us until 2am. Yikers!
But it was only 11 for you! :rolleyes1

The latest I slept the whole time we were in California was 6 am. Most mornings I was up by around 4. It actually wasn't bad, because we were never out too terribly late at night anyway, so coming home and adjusting back to the time right away was a breeze. :rotfl2:

Hi Alicia! Im coming out of lurkdom! LOL I've read your previous TRs and Im excited and cant wait to read all about your latest trip.

-Melissa

I'm in! NOt only because I love your intro and can't wait to see what's coming, but also because I saw a pug in the background of one of your pictures. I love pugs. I have a black one. I figure anyone who has a pug must be good people. :)

Ooh yay for pug masters! pug:pug:

Here's a face picture of my first born

Anywhere my DS is, Percy is.

Thanks for joining!

I am here! :goodvibes
Great start to your trip.
Isn't it just great NOT to have to be on a plane at the crack of dawn. And to be honest, I do not blame your DH for getting lost. We circled the airport a few times in 2000 when we were looking for the Hertz return. I was prepared to just park it "somewhere" and call them to pick it up.

Sounds like an easy flight and I cannot believe Calvin sat still for all that time.

Ah, staying at the Hyatt. We did that once and it was heaven to arrive and not have to queue for a rental. You really started off your vacation nicely.

Can't wait for more. (now going back to mark more tests. )

Yay Karin! :welcome:

We've been to LAX too many times to count. He had no excuse other than he was listening to talk radio and day dreaming :rotfl2:

I'm pretty sure this is how we'll be doing WDW from now on, starting at the Hyatt. It's a wonderful hotel!

Yay!! I'm in!! Can't wait to hear about your trip. It always surprising when children behave on the plane and such a pleasure. I know I was freaking out about how my two girls would do.

Hi Gina! :welcome:

I was starting to relax right after take off, knowing he would be just fine for the rest of the flight.

I'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip and especially what you thought of the VGF!

Hi Alison! :welcome:

That portion of the trip should be coming up shortly!:hyper:

subscribing! Great start, I love your TRs :goodvibes

Emma x

Hi Emma! :welcome: Thanks for subbing!

Looking forward to hearing about your trip.

Hi and Welcome! :welcome:

Can't wait to read more! Loving your great photos so far AND the fact that you're a fellow California girl!

Hi and Welcome! :welcome: Us Cali girls got to stick together :thumbsup2

Hi Alicia!! I'm delighted to finally follow along on one of your TR's. It always fascinates me when Cali folk make the journey east to visit the World when Disneyland is relatively close by. It just goes to show how truly great WDW really is (not that Disneyland isn't of course... I've been there and it is).

While it may not be the norm, I'll admit that I can't think of a better way to ring in the New Year than by travelling to Disney. :goodvibes

Hi Rob and Welcome! :welcome:

Unfortunately, i've worn my DH out on Disneyland. We used to live about 25 minutes from Disneyland and we'd go once every week or so. So that's my fault. But he LOVES WDW!

joining !!! looks like a good way to start a vacation... get the stressful part out of the way so you can enjoy your first day at wdw!!!:thumbsup2 .
your son is adorable !!

Yes, totally agree. Get all the traveling done with, and have a fresh, full day at Disney!

YAY! Joining in!! I'm already laughing at your intro and your travel day :rotfl2: can't wait to read more!! and I'm sooo jealous of your stay at the Grand Floridian!! Can't wait to see pictures!

Oooh the GF, how I miss it sooo much. I still talk about it all the time to DH. That part of the trip should be coming up shortly!

I'm here!

Glad the flight went so well ... of course he falls asleep right before you arrive though

That's great to stay at the hotel right in the airport - must be so easy (we used Hilton points and stayed right down the road, which was fine, but in the airport I am sure is that much easier).

Excuse me, can I have some alcohol? And perhaps some alcohol to go with that alcohol? Thanks

BTW - I could so see myself doing the same thing DH did ... points to him for admitting that he lied though, right?

Yay, hi Phil! :welcome:

I was looking at the Hilton, since the price was significantly cheaper, but dang, we couldn't beat the convenience of the place -- getting right off the plane, to our room and downstairs the next morning. Loved it!

:lmao: Yep, pretty much. Her screwdrivers consisted of vodka and a DNA sample of OJ!

Joining in! I love reading your TRs and this one is off to a great start! :cheer2:

I'm in! Sounds like a great flight!

I’m here! Okay, so the first thing I notice is that you and DH have Up-themed shirts. AND that you got DH to wear a Disney shirt that doesn’t have a churro on it?!

Whew, started the day at 100% phone power! :rotfl: And, yes, going to WDW is absolutely a good reason for a non-traditional NYE.

Glad you made it through security in one piece. I know, it’s rough when you only have two hands and all that stuff and an excited little person to corral. But you did it, yay! Always such a relief to get past that.

What is up with our DHs forgetting things/not paying attention?! At least he made it in time, I guess.

I’m glad that DS was a good traveler and the flight went well! Yay for the snack bag – he looks like he’s enjoying that lollipop!

Cool that you had your own screens. We almost always fly Delta and seldom get screens. Heck, our First Class flight back home from Hawaii didn’t even have screens. They were a lifesaver on the way there, though. Glad DS enjoyed his and then the iPad (which was our lifesaver on the way home).

Haha, DH looks quite enthralled with his sports.

And of course DS falls asleep right before landing. It’s like he was watching the flight time monitor too and trying to hold out, but didn’t quite make it.

Wow, late night, but I bet it was nice to stay right there at the airport.

Can’t wait for your WDW and GFV arrival!

Hi Rita! :welcome:

Every CM we ran into LOVED our Up shirts! I found his through Hot Topic (they actually have the best Disney shirts for both Men and Women) and my shirt I got from a store near the Disneyland Resort. It's located at the GardenWalk and the store has awesome Star Wars shirts and random stuff that you don't see everyday. I can't remember the name right now...

You've never got a screen with Delta? #knockonwood, That's all we've ever gotten on Delta flights. It's really such a nice amenity to have and fun to see how much longer the flight is going to be. :hyper:

The hotel at the airport, I would recommend to anyone! I'm sure you would never have to use it since your flights aren't as long, but if you ever need one, make reservations there!

Looking forward to hearing more about how you liked the Hyatt and of course the Polynesian Bungalows!

We actually stayed at the Grand Floridian Villas, but we'd love to stay at those bungalows someday! They're going to be awesome.

Love your TR title!! Looking forward to arrival day!

Yay! I am in!

Your DS is just like mine - he does great on planes! He's older (5 almost 6 now) but even when he was your little man's age he was the same way. Our first trip to WDW he thought the plane was a ride and actually went "wheeeeeee" when we took off
And of course your DS fell asleep 20 minutes before landing - don't all kids do that? It's like they have a radar or something!

Your mom is already making me laugh - she sounds like my kinda gal! And I love that gif from Bridesmaids! "May I have a glass of alcohol please?" I like to say that at restaurants sometimes and the waiter or waitress just looks at me like I'm an idiot

I can't wait to read more and see all your pics! You write awesome TR's!

Hi!!! :welcome:

Oh DS, he does that in the car too -- falling asleep 2 minutes before parking the car at our arrival :rotfl:

Bridesmaids is SO funny! So many fun gifs can come from that movie!

Joining in. Always look forward to your trip reviews!

Great start, your little videos had me chuckling great storytelling!

Oh my on DH getting there that close to boarding. I would not have been as calm as you.

Hi Pam! :welcome: Thanks for joining!

Nice start.

I'm subscribing as well!! What a cute little boy! I have two little boys and understand how boys can melt their mamas hearts! And we have another baby on the way but don't know the sex yet! We are doing a gender reveal at Disney next month!!

I love your UP shirt!! Where did you get it?? I recorded UP last night and am super excited to get in my bed tonight with my boys and watch! They have not seen it yet!

Excited to read more!

Hi and Welcome!:welcome:

Oooh how exciting to have the gender revealed at Disney! That will be fun to hear how it turns out. Congratulations!

I got my shirt from a store in Anaheim, right outside of the Disneyland Resort at the Gardenwalk, but I can't remember the name. But, the last time I checked, Hot Topic had a really cute Up shirt that I would have gotten had I not gotten that shirt (may still get it at some point :rotfl:)

I'm joining in, of course! Loving the title already :rotfl:

I'll never get over how adorable your DS is :love: glad he was brave little guy for the flight

Excited to hear more!

Hi Katie! :welcome: Thanks for joining!

I'm in! I even found you all by myself!

So...DH didn't listen to your directions and got lost. But at least he let you do the security line with DS by yourself.

I'm glad DS did so well on the plane. I can understand your concerns completely!

Looking forward to more nose-picker photos!

Hi Mark! :welcome:

Maybe he is a smart guy after all :teacher:

I don't know how you guys do it with 4 kids. Definitely super parents! And our adult to kid ratio is much greater than yours :worship:

I can't wait to read more about your trip. I've done the same thing as your husband before. I didn't want to look like an idiot to my wife so I saved the details for later. Keep those posts coming.

:rotfl2: DH does these things pretty often. But he'll always save the exact details for another time.

Subbing in! You have a beautiful family! You look just like your mom - only younger!

Glad you travel day went well, except for DH getting lost. Love the Hyatt MCO! We stayed there before our cruise, too - I highly recommend it.

The Hyatt was wonderful and so convenient!

Joining in! Can't wait to hear more.

What an angel your son was on the plane.

He definitely made me proud :goodvibes

Found my way over here!!

Welcome back! I'm not sure how much commenting I'll be able to swing for the next 9 weeks, but I will read and chime in while I have breaks from studying.

Good look with your studying! Phew, I couldn't do nursing school. I had thought about it at one point, but then got to be friends with some of the students and they looked drained. But they totally love being nurses so all the hard work payed off!

Seriously cute picture. Calvin is cuter than ever!

Glad I checked to see if you had started. Hey - I'm only 3 days late. That's not too bad.

Sounds like you had a great flight. I don't envy you guys that have to fly cross country. I am so spoiled with my 2 hour flights. However, I do wish I had a screen to look at that gave me arrival time. I am such a map geek.

Can't wait to see your digs!

Hi Mary Ellen! :welcome:

I feel like i'm late to my own party, since it's been a while!

You have NO idea how nice it would be to have a 2 hour flight. Oh my gosh. However, that would be dangerous for me. I'd be at WDW every 2 months at least.

I'm looking forward to hear about your magical moments!

I can't remember the last time we had individual screens on a Delta flight. That's a great idea to check in at the airport and then park.

I always enjoy reading your trip reports!
Robert

Hi Robert! :welcome:

You're the second person to say that! Maybe we've been very lucky with our flights to have our own screens. Or maybe it's just long, direct flights that have them? We had them the last time we flew to MCO and the very first time we had them flying out of LAX to Baltimore, direct.

Hi Tania! :welcome: Thanks for joining!

Lesha,
Can't believe it!! I was in WDW at the same time you were/ So sad I didn't know. That would have been a fun DIS meet.

Hi! :welcome: Ugh, what?! That would have been so fun to meet up with you! Maybe you'll be in the background of some of my pictures :rotfl:

Yay! I'm so happy you've started!
"You'll have to read the TR to see DS"
OMG! to DH not being at the gate with 5 minutes till boarding! I'd be FREAKING out. And then your use of Stanley to express how you felt when DH got there and told you what took so long :lmao:
DS did great on the flight! Wow! I'm really glad you said you felt it wasn't necessary to be nervous about flying with him. Bobby and I have a wedding next Spring in LA and I want to be able to bring our future DD who would be about 11 months but I'm afraid of the flight! And btw I want to bring her to go to DLR, not because of the wedding If I can't go to DL then I'm perfectly fine with staying home and missing the wedding
I've never heard of a hypoallergenic room. Interesting. I hope you're not too tired for the next morning. You were still on California time I guess... I really can't wait for more. I plan to use your TR as proof to Bobby that a trip with a 2 year old is a brilliant idea. Right now, he disagrees. So I need to make him see the light.

Hi Heather! :welcome:

Seriously, the Stanley gif was exactly my reaction, because i've heard it before! Aye, my hubby.

It's sooo cool to see you write 'DD' :goodvibes That age would be perfect for the plane! Two months, 8 months and 12 months was definitely the easier flights for us. So easy actually. The next time we have another child, I definitely won't be scared at those ages. So i'm sure she would be just great for you guys!

And there was no doubt in my mind that she was coming purely for DLR...obviously! :rolleyes1:rotfl:

I think for guys, the logistics and idea of a trip with a kid is frightening, that's what DH thought. But after DS was born and got to know how to take care of him, he became more confident in himself. I'm sure your DH will get there someday!

Very nice start to your trip. Looking forward to read more from your adventures.

Hi Bret! :welcome: Thanks for joining!

I've seen you on several TR's that I follow and thought I'd join in on the beginning of yours. Your DS is adorable. The flight sounds pretty good over all. Nice that you stayed at the hotel at the aiprot and didn't need to rush.

Hi Kathy!:welcome: And thanks for joining along!

Your little boy is adorable. I had to chuckle a bit when I saw that he fell asleep minutes before landing. My youngest daughter used to do the same thing to me. Can't wait to read more!

DS does the same thing in the car and I always feel terrible about having to wake him up.

Subbing! Partly because I like your reporting style, but, OK I'll admit it, I'm curious to find out who can stink at 9 AM!

Are you sure you want to know who can stink that early?! :lmao:

I am looking forward to you report. We are getting on a plane to travel to WDW in 11 days can't wait.

Hope you have a fabulous trip! The weather should be perfect for you guys.

Following along :) I've read a few of your other TRs awhile ago and it's so nice to come across this one now, I can't believe how big your DS has gotten since the time I last read your TR.

It's so crazy to compare photos of him from a few months ago, till now. I hate how fast he's growing!

I can relate to that feeling.

Hi Andy! :welcome:

I'm sure you felt like this at DLR too. Especially with your DS being sick, Trader Sams being closed and not getting on TSM...but I haven't checked your thread out yet, so maybe you got to go on TSM!?

Maybe we should have taken the carseat on. I wasn't sure if ours was FAA approved, and I didn't want to lug it around the airport so we checked it. Might have helped control DD a little bit better. Maybe. Probably not.

I would have went crazy without the carseat! He likes the carseat (probably cause he doesn't have a choice of being in there or not :lmao:). DH had toyed with the idea of not bringing the carseat coming home on the shortest leg of the flight (MCO to ATL) but he ended up being asleep that entire flight in the carseat.

But it was only 11 for you!

Ah yes. True. Still, seeing 2am on the clock, knowing we'd have to be up in a few hours was unsettling.

The latest I slept the whole time we were in California was 6 am. Most mornings I was up by around 4. It actually wasn't bad, because we were never out too terribly late at night anyway, so coming home and adjusting back to the time right away was a breeze.

Wow 4am?! Were you that excited?!:lmao: Actually, coming home was the easiest transition ever for me, and i'm not sure why. It normally takes me a couple days to adjust, but we were in bed by 11 when we returned, up at 7 and felt great that day.

Hi Alicia! Im coming out of lurkdom! LOL I've read your previous TRs and Im excited and cant wait to read all about your latest trip.

-Melissa

Hi Melissa! :welcome:

Thanks for coming out of the shadows! :lmao:

I'm looking forward to following along with your report. I'm fairly new so this will be the first one I get to do that with.

Thanks for putting the time into it!

***I was going to post an update this morning, but this morning, DH's grandpa passed away. He has been battling throat cancer for some time now and for the last 5 weeks he's been on hospice, so we knew it would be any day now. Unfortunately, we went to go visit him yesterday morning and when we arrived he was sleeping and didn't want to disturb him. Wish we could have at least said 'Hi' to him, to let him know we were there. The funeral will be next Tuesday and we'd appreciate some prayers.***

Friday, January 2, 2015 – Downtown Disney Day!

Even though we didn’t get to sleep until 2am, I was up at 8. Tired but definitely excited to be checking out of the Hyatt and into our 1 bedroom villa at the Grand Floridian!

Plans for the day were checking into the VGF, heading to Downtown Disney for lunch, having a DIS meet with Danielle (IheartDDuck), meeting up with my Aunt and having dinner at Ragland Road. Excitement could NOT be contained

I had told DM and DH that the bus would be waiting for us at 10am (knowing that we could get down there whenever we want, really)

I did manage to take a few shots of the room while everyone was getting ready

It didn’t feel how it looked outside. It felt a tad sticky and warm

Plenty of room on the patio…for I don’t know…a party?:confused3

And just a little sneak peek on who was all ready to go!

DS was wonderful the entire trip about always making sure he was in the stroller at least 10 minutes before we took off. :worship: He’s so my favorite traveler!

Really, no one believed me about getting on the bus at 10. We actually didn’t get out of the room until 10:45, but I was trying to keep my cool

(10 million Lesha points for whoever names that movie!)

Something I forgot to mention in my last update, DS was TERRIFIED of the elevators at the airport. He was trying to hide in a blanket, scoot back in his stroller, screeching, etc. He threw the same fit in the hotel elevators and again taking the elevators down to the ground floor where the DME was. I was pretty nervous about the VGF, knowing our probability of getting a ground floor room was slim to none (since I had requested a high floor!)

Anyways, we made it to the DME check-in area, where no CM’s seemed to be happy about checking anyone in. Pssh, I don’t care because: I’m going to Disney World!

We didn’t have to wait in line too long for a bus, maybe 10 minutes. But it was now past 11 and I hadn’t had any breakfast, but most importantly no coffee. The line for Starbucks was outrageous and I fought my hardest against DH to stay in line, but he won.

We boarded a MEARS bus, which wasn’t ideal for me :rotfl: I wanted the real thing! However, once on board I noticed a real DME bus had parked in beside our bus, so figured the next best thing would take a picture with it in the background

Someone was loving the TV’s

Once everyone was on board, we were on our way, where I was patiently waiting for the magical ‘gate’ shot

And so was everyone else

And because I was sitting too far back to get a clear picture of it, I quickly turned to my right to see if I could catch anything else

Not bad, not bad at all.

So one thing that had annoyed me about this drive. When we had gotten in our line for DME, the only resorts (that I remember) were for GF, Poly, Contemporary and WL. But we were headed towards AKL? So we get through the AKL gates, go all the way up to the drop off area near the lobby, don’t stop, and exit just as quickly (well not that quickly since it’s a bus, yes?) as we came. What the heck?! What a waste of 15 minutes! Does anyone know why this would happen?

Finally we drop the guests that have to 'rough it', off at the WL, followed by this beautiful sight

The bus parks and as soon as we step off, a CM rushes at us with an iPad and says, “Welcome Home Crow Family!”

:cloud9:

While she was double checking our reservation, another CM had collected our bags to be taken to Bell Services, as she noticed our room wasn’t ready yet. She wanted to escort us over to the building where our room would be at and to get us properly checked in. She was amazing, giving us helpful tips and facts about the villas along the way. We definitely felt special! She took us over to the concierge desk to continue our check-in process, where I asked about my request for a high floor (which had been requested!). It took only a few minutes to get our packet and we could go off, but we wanted to take a look around first

DS sized chairs

The lobby wasn’t at all massive, but it was quaint, bright and comfortable

A panoramic shot

I'm looking forward to following along with your report. I'm fairly new so this will be the first one I get to do that with.

Thanks for putting the time into it!

Phew, that's a lot of pressure you're putting on me, I hope I don't let you down! ;):lmao:

I'm so sorry that your DS was afraid of the elevators. I hope that doesn't become a problem. He is so darned cute! Sorry you had to go so long without coffee or breakfast. I would have gone to get the coffee while they were taking too long at the Hyatt!

I'm glad everything all worked out with the hotel stay!

The funeral will be next Tuesday and we'd appreciate some prayers.
Of course. It is always difficult, even if you know it is a matter of time.

I had told DM and DH that the bus would be waiting for us at 10am (knowing that we could get down there whenever we want, really)
Always a good idea. :thumbsup2

DS was wonderful the entire trip about always making sure he was in the stroller at least 10 minutes before we took off. :worship: He’s so my favorite traveler!
Wow. If our kids were in the stroller that long and we weren't moving, they'd go crazy. :lmao:

Really, no one believed me about getting on the bus at 10. We actually didn’t get out of the room until 10:45, but I was trying to keep my cool
:headache: :sad2:

(10 million Lesha points for whoever names that movie!)
:confused3

I was pretty nervous about the VGF, knowing our probability of getting a ground floor room was slim to none (since I had requested a high floor!)
Never know what they'll be scared of from one time to the next.

Next thing you know, he'll love elevators and want to push the buttons.

But we were headed towards AKL? So we get through the AKL gates, go all the way up to the drop off area near the lobby, don’t stop, and exit just as quickly (well not that quickly since it’s a bus, yes?) as we came. What the heck?! What a waste of 15 minutes! Does anyone know why this would happen?
Wow... no. That makes no sense at all. I don't know why they'd do that, and I'm sorry it happened.

Maybe the driver just had a mental lapse and AKL is usually on his route? :confused3

The bus parks and as soon as we step off, a CM rushes at us with an iPad and says, “Welcome Home Crow Family!”
Nice!

But kind of creepy too... :lmao:

The lobby wasn’t at all massive, but it was quaint, bright and comfortable
Hmmm... looks more welcoming than the fancy, stuffy, huge GF lobby.

I would have gone to get the coffee while they were taking too long at the Hyatt!
Well, I wouldn't go to get coffee under any circumstance...

But yeah, definitely should have gone while you were waiting. I usually venture off to the food court for a pastry in the morning when I'm ready to go and still waiting. :lmao:

Sounds like the bus driver forgot where he was going... Shame on him!

Usually I'm so good with movies but I can't place that scene. Looks like an old dance movie.

Too funny they ignored your 10:00 departure. Good to start that first day rested. They didn't have a coffee maker in the room?

Love the picture of DS crossing his leg in the stroller, too cute!!!

Ahhh... Welcome home... Best words ever. <3

Looks like a beautiful morning and cant wait to hear how the rest of the day goes!

Sorry, to hear of DH's grandpa. My mom battled lung cancer and died in 2013- cancer is such an awful, awful disease.

The Grand Floridian Villas already look beautiful.. love the personalised greeting when you arrived, we had the same when we arrived at the GF for our honeymoon (except they used my maiden name as I'd booked all of our trip :laughing:)

Thinking of your family :hug:

Emma x

Sending prayers and hugs on the loss of DH's grandpa.

Your DS is simply adorable. Sorry he was afraid of the elevators though. :(

Boo for a Mears bus (although I don't like the new video anyway).

If you can't get the arch going into Disney, you got the next best thing.

I do love those penguins in the lobby of the Villas.

That was very nice of the CM to take your luggage.

I hope you get coffee soon.

Oh my, that is so sad. My deepest condolences. Even if you know it's coming, it doesn't make the loss any less painful. :flower3:

OK, I'm dying at that gif. What they don't know won't hurt. :rotfl2: It's all about getting to Disney ASAP.

However, I am not loving the lack of CM enthusiasm at the DME check-in. I still can't believe it, but my very first DME ride ever is coming up, so they better get it in gear.

BUT it sure does sound like the CM's on the other end were more than happy to make up for it. What a wonderful arrival. :goodvibes

I'm so sorry that your DS was afraid of the elevators. I hope that doesn't become a problem. He is so darned cute! Sorry you had to go so long without coffee or breakfast. I would have gone to get the coffee while they were taking too long at the Hyatt!

I'm glad everything all worked out with the hotel stay!

I was so afraid it would be a problem, but by the second day at the VGF, he learned to love it!

But if I left to get coffee, who would be there to rush them?! :lmao:

Wow. If our kids were in the stroller that long and we weren't moving, they'd go crazy. :lmao:

He was amazing! I think he knew we were going somewhere everyday, so he'd help me out by getting in the stroller. This is definitely my kid:thumbsup2

Never know what they'll be scared of from one time to the next.

Next thing you know, he'll love elevators and want to push the buttons.

By the second day at VGF, he ended up loving the elevators! Thank goodness.

Wow... no. That makes no sense at all. I don't know why they'd do that, and I'm sorry it happened.

Maybe the driver just had a mental lapse and AKL is usually on his route? :confused3

That could have totally been it. I felt he was slow to get us anywhere (although it always feels like that when you're trying to get to WDW!) I know I wouldn't have been irked if we were actually dropping someone off or picking someone up, but that unexpected stop wasn't on my handwritten spreadsheet :rotfl:

Hmmm... looks more welcoming than the fancy, stuffy, huge GF lobby.

Definitely not as overwhelming. But both are still pretty!

Well, I wouldn't go to get coffee under any circumstance...

But yeah, definitely should have gone while you were waiting. I usually venture off to the food court for a pastry in the morning when I'm ready to go and still waiting. :lmao:

Considering Starbucks was just down the elevator from the 2nd floor lobby of the hotel, it was so tempting. But me not being there, would mean no one's there to tell them to hurry up. ::yes::

Sounds like the bus driver forgot where he was going... Shame on him!

Usually I'm so good with movies but I can't place that scene. Looks like an old dance movie.

Too funny they ignored your 10:00 departure. Good to start that first day rested. They didn't have a coffee maker in the room?

Love the picture of DS crossing his leg in the stroller, too cute!!!

You're right on it! Definitely a dancing movie, but not giving it away until someone gets it.

They did have a coffee maker and I could have just had one crappy cup there, but I was saving my taste buds for something better :lmao: Remember Pam, i'm a coffee freak.:yay:

Ahhh... Welcome home... Best words ever. <3

Looks like a beautiful morning and cant wait to hear how the rest of the day goes!

Sorry, to hear of DH's grandpa. My mom battled lung cancer and died in 2013- cancer is such an awful, awful disease.

First, i'm so sorry about your mom :hug: Cancer is such an ugly disease and I hate to see anyone going through such pain.

'Welcome Home' are totally the right words to start off my vacation :cloud9:

The Grand Floridian Villas already look beautiful.. love the personalised greeting when you arrived, we had the same when we arrived at the GF for our honeymoon (except they used my maiden name as I'd booked all of our trip :laughing:)

Thinking of your family :hug:

Emma x

I thought it was pretty cool that they knew immediately who we were as soon as we got off the bus, even though there was a few other families who had gotten off too.

Sending prayers and hugs on the loss of DH's grandpa.

Your DS is simply adorable. Sorry he was afraid of the elevators though. :(

Boo for a Mears bus (although I don't like the new video anyway).

If you can't get the arch going into Disney, you got the next best thing.

I do love those penguins in the lobby of the Villas.

That was very nice of the CM to take your luggage.

I hope you get coffee soon.

I was wondering if the movie was new! We didn't use DME in 2013, but did on all our past trips and thought some scenes were different.

The penguins are darling. All the Mary Poppin touches are amazing!

I do get my coffee fix soon :hyper:

Oh my, that is so sad. My deepest condolences. Even if you know it's coming, it doesn't make the loss any less painful. :flower3:

OK, I'm dying at that gif. What they don't know won't hurt. :rotfl2: It's all about getting to Disney ASAP.

However, I am not loving the lack of CM enthusiasm at the DME check-in. I still can't believe it, but my very first DME ride ever is coming up, so they better get it in gear.

BUT it sure does sound like the CM's on the other end were more than happy to make up for it. What a wonderful arrival. :goodvibes

Thanks Rob :goodvibes

I felt like that's how the CM's were when I had last used it in 2012. But before we'd always had a great experience with them! Hopefully you get some cheerful ones.

Will you be doing a TR for this upcoming trip??

Sorry to hear about DH's grandfather - definitely sending prayers your way and his.

11am and no coffee! That's practically unAmerican!

"where no CM’s seemed to be happy about checking anyone in" ... well, they they probably shouldn't have chosen working the DME check-in desk as a career choice

I'd say you did pretty good with your gate photos - plus the photo of that guys phone taking a picture of the gates

Love the penguin fountain! glad you felt so welcomed there at check-in

Sorry to hear about DH's grandfather - definitely sending prayers your way and his.

11am and no coffee! That's practically unAmerican!

"where no CM’s seemed to be happy about checking anyone in" ... well, they they probably shouldn't have chosen working the DME check-in desk as a career choice

I'd say you did pretty good with your gate photos - plus the photo of that guys phone taking a picture of the gates

Love the penguin fountain! glad you felt so welcomed there at check-in

Hey congrats on 3,000 posts! :cool1:

I mean, clearly, that's the very beginning of a Disney trip, DME. Why not try to be excited for those people that are starting their vacation?:confused3

Being checked in at the VGF was night and day compared to DME. Definitely felt more at home and welcomed.

I hope so too, but if they're not, I'll make them.

Being forceful should have been my first option instead of ignoring them. Dang it!

Haha, well if things go even a fraction as well as I hope, then I don't think I'll have a choice. :goodvibes

Wonderful! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter