I could use some input regarding parks

proud mom

Take me to my happy place.
I'm visiting the parks for the first time in three years. I will be in Orlando for a business trip so I will be touring solo. I'm going to be at the parks for 5 days starting July 10 -- beginning with 2 half days (mid afternoon until night.) My park passes are not park hoppers.

I am going to do the Magic Kingdom on Wednesday, Epcot on Thursday -- my half days. I'll be staying on site for the first couple of days so I can do EMH at MK day 1!

My debate is which park to do on Friday -- my first full day. I was thinking Studios followed by another Magic Kingdom and then another Epcot day.

I'm planning on skipping AK since I know I cant get a fastpass for Flight of Passage.

How does that sound to you all crowd wise?

I would only do a half-day at Hollywood Studios, especially if you're solo. There's not a whole lot going there right now. I think you're missing out on AK simply because you might not be able to ride FoP. That park has a lot of good stuff and other nice rides. As far as crowds go, It's kind of anyone's guess. It will be crowded, and I really don't think the day of the week is going to matter in terms of which park on which day.

I would still try to fit some time for AK in. And you can always do FoP an hours before closing and the place at night is incredible. As for HS I must be in the minority around here because I am always managed 2 days there with no problem.

You should plan on AK.

On July 10th, FPs are available for 1 person for all rides except FoP. And as a previous poster noted, Pandora is great at night and entering FoP a little before closing won’t have too long of a wait.

Don’t skimp on AK just because you don’t have a FoP FP. We have never been on FoP before and AK is still our favorite park!!!

I would do full days at MK and Epcot and spend half day at HS

I've seen reports of people getting FOP same day when they drop more fastpasses day of (I think I read it a couple times per day they drop in).

I agree with others, I wouldn't do a full day at HS and would definitely check out AK. You might get lucky and get a same day FoP fastpass plus to me there is more to do there than HS. Maybe make AK and HS your half days and then full days at MK and EP.

If I was going solo, I'd be pretty confident I could get AT LEAST 1 same day FOP. I'd almost guarantee 2.

thanks for the info. I am altering my plan. I am going to upgrade to a parkhopper pass and I will go to AK.

I think upgrading to a Hopper is a great idea for a solo visitor. If the park you’re at is exceptionally busy or you’re through with the attractions early or simply craving something to eat at another park you’ve got the freedom to go wherever whenever.

Maybe do a half day at DHS and the late afternoon/evening at AK?
AK is amazing at night. Especially EE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter