I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My least fav part too! Over the years, I’ve also gotten a lot more relaxed about how clean the house has to be for guests and no one has said anything and they keep coming so they aren’t too turned off lol.
Haha well I know dh’s family won’t mind (based on how their houses are). My mom doesn’t like cats and we have two of them so the main thing will be getting the hair and litter gone. The house we bought has a lot more tile flooring so we need to get a good vacuum for the hard surfaces. We’ve seen some that look like good options and are geared towards pets

Just FYI for anyone needing to book hotels in cash, Ebates (Rakuten) has had some good cashback on hotels recently. Choice Hotels is at 10% right now and I think IHG was 8% when I booked yesterday. I rebooked a Choice Hotels stay for us for July this morning. The price on the room itself actually dropped $40 for our three night stay and we are getting 10% back through Ebates!

Ok, so to follow up on my inadequately worded post yesterday morning...

Need to cancel my Hilton Biz this month. Do I wait until the AF posts and then cancel and get the pro rated amount? How do I pay off the small amount I'll owe for the AF if the card is closed? Never canceled an Amez before so not sure how this process works.

What is the Amex Platinum that would have been issued in 1994? Trying to help my mom plan some stuff and she has this card,she says she thinks its about $100 AF on it. I don't like her paying AF for a card she never uses.

Need to cancel my Hilton Biz this month. Do I wait until the AF posts and then cancel and get the pro rated amount? How do I pay off the small amount I'll owe for the AF if the card is closed? Never canceled an Amez before so not sure how this process works.

why would you have to pay a pro rated amount on the annual fee? you have 30 days to get it all back. But even if the card is cancelled you can still make a payment online. just don't remove the card from your online account until everything is settled.

Amex doesn’t prorate refunds of the AF if you close a card account. You can get the AF refunded if you close the card within 30 days of the closing date of the statement on which the AF appears, usually the last day of your 13th statement.

Even after you close the card, you owe any balance on the statement. I usually just pay off a card before I cancel it. But you should still be able to make a payment on a closed card, if not through online management, then by check mailed with the stub for that card account.

why would you have to pay a pro rated amount on the annual fee? you have 30 days to get it all back. But even if the card is cancelled you can still make a payment online. just don't remove the card from your online account until everything is settled.

I PCed DH's Delta Gold to the basic card last month within 30 days of AF posting and had to pay $4 of the AF lol. Maybe because I PCed it?

Amex doesn’t prorate refunds of the AF if you close a card account. You can get the AF refunded if you close the card within 30 days of the closing date of the statement on which the AF appears, usually the last day of your 13th statement.

Even after you close the card, you owe any balance on the statement. I usually just pay off a card before I cancel it. But you should still be able to make a payment on a closed card, if not through online management, then by check mailed with the stub for that card account.

Guess that answers my previous post :)

Haha well I know dh’s family won’t mind (based on how their houses are). My mom doesn’t like cats and we have two of them so the main thing will be getting the hair and litter gone. The house we bought has a lot more tile flooring so we need to get a good vacuum for the hard surfaces. We’ve seen some that look like good options and are geared towards pets

Hard surfaces = Swiffer to me. I will dust mop and if needed use the wet Swiffer on most of my hard surfaces. The vacuum is great for the crevices though.

I PCed DH's Delta Gold to the basic card last month within 30 days of AF posting and had to pay $4 of the AF lol. Maybe because I PCed it?
This is a frustrating thing to me...if I cancel I get all my money back, but if I PC, you only give me a prorated refund!! Lol. Do you actually want me to cancel AMEX?? Haha.

This is a frustrating thing to me...if I cancel I get all my money back, but if I PC, you only give me a prorated refund!! Lol. Do you actually want me to cancel AMEX?? Haha.

Seriously... and I don't particularly want a Delta card, but it's a 7 year old card and DH's first Amex so I feel like I should hold onto it.

What is the Amex Platinum that would have been issued in 1994? Trying to help my mom plan some stuff and she has this card, she says she thinks its about $100 AF on it. I don't like her paying AF for a card she never uses.

Check for offers and referral possibilities.

Amex offer on 5 cards this morning: $5 off $30 times 3 at Conoco, Phillips 66.

Can't find any in the Washington, DC metro area but I added it to my SPG Biz just in case I travel somewhere that has a station. Maybe New England? I 'think' the Biz gets 4 cents on gas?

Sweet! Just got this from Plastiq:

Dear Wendy,

We noticed that you haven’t used a Mastercard recently to make your payments, so we’d like to make you a special offer.

Schedule three payments in a row with a Mastercard (up to $2,000 each) and benefit from a low 1.0% Plastiq fee - up to a $90 value.

Many Plastiq customers enjoy the convenience of using their Mastercard to pay for a wide variety of bills - from rent and car payments to utilities and business expenses.

Please submit your scheduled payments by May 31, 2019 to qualify.
Me too! I need someone to talk me into putting my mortgage payment on Plastiq. I feel like I have heard reports of it not working for some folks or at least not working the first time? I definitely wouldn't want to be in the position of it being paid late. Our mortgage is with Citizens Bank (more specifically Citizens One). Do I have anything to worry about or should I just go for it?

Omg the dis is freaking out for me on my phone. I’m constantly getting redirected to fake websites and it zooms and and won’t let me type.
I got this last night and it was driving me crazy. Glad I wasn't the only one.

Just booked a refundable room on hotels.com with... the wrong arrival card :badpc::badpc::badpc: Gosh I wasn't even thinking and didn't realize til I typed this!!!

Well, cancel and rebook it with the right card....you said refundable? And, I have a $10 off $50 on hotels.com...depending on how expensive you may want to look at Amex even if you have an MSR to meet.

Well, cancel and rebook it with the right card....you said refundable? And, I have a $10 off $50 on hotels.com...depending on how expensive you may want to look at Amex even if you have an MSR to meet.
Just... d'oh! lol. I am trying to use up the last bit of DHs Arrival Plus credit and then cancel, so I want to book this, redeem points against it, then cancel the room, then cancel the card. I haven't seen that AMEX offer on my cards yet :( I would love it!

Me too! I need someone to talk me into putting my mortgage payment on Plastiq. I feel like I have heard reports of it not working for some folks or at least not working the first time? I definitely wouldn't want to be in the position of it being paid late. Our mortgage is with Citizens Bank (more specifically Citizens One). Do I have anything to worry about or should I just go for it?

I got this last night and it was driving me crazy. Glad I wasn't the only one.
MasterCard allows mortgage so you should have no problem unless your bank is blacklisted from allowing plastiq payments. I’ve paid tons of bills, including my mortgage, many times through plastiq and only had one time I couldn’t get plastiq to accept the address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter