I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not joking. I would never ask if I could stay at someone’s house. Especially if they haven’t moved in and gotten acclimated to a new place. I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t stay even if someone offered without me asking. I would never impose on friends or relatives like that.
Lol I thought you were saying it was brazen when I said they didn’t invite me on their cruise. I don’t mind too much about them asking because we will be 20 hours from any family and I know we’ll love seeing them. I was a little caught off guard at first but I think we just need to expect this to happen.

Sorry to burst the bubble...but that isn't an official Disney VIP tour... I believe that same picture and title is used in the UR portal and on the AAvacations site...

Here's how it's described on AAvacations:
Disney VIP Tour Experiences - Disney World (Orlando, FL)
We are a private VIP company providing a VIP Private Assistant to Disney World. Amusement Parks can be stressful with long wait times. In fact, Walt Disney World is the size of San Francisco or 2x the size of Manhattan making it hard to visit alone. Don’t worry, we will get you to the right places! Our team will create a customized itinerary based on your needs and preferences. Experience quick access to rides, meet your favorite characters, select seats at shows, parades, and fireworks. This experience allows you to visit one of the four theme parks per day with your own VIP Private Assistant, including Disney's Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, or Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Duration 6 hours
Thank you for bringing me back down to Earth. No longer interested in ThankYou points! LOL

This is what I get for looking if MNSSHP/MVMCP tickets can be purchased through a portal. :sad2:

Do not panic...Mixed reports on AA biz w/out mailer working now...

So like I said...do not panic. There are mixed reports from reputable reddit posters saying that bonuses may not be linked or posting for subsequent AA biz cards (using public offer). There are reports on both sides of the fence. I would not overreact yet as this could simply be a glitch. I’d hate to think anybody would lie just to protect this valuable loophole - and I’m about 99% sure that the one user who is a mod with me on r/churningreferrals would not lie about this.

Who here has signed up for AA biz #2 via a public offer and seem the bonus post in the past week or so? I think we should continue to share DPs here on anybody pursuing this.

Did anybody else read this info today in the discussion thread? (It was a post fairly early in the day). I’d be interested in any and all thoughts on this...

Here's my DPs so far for both DH and my Citi Biz #2s no-mailer (we both have open #1s from 2017, less than 24 mo old):

Me
4/9 - applied, instant approval
4/19 - met MSR
5/2 - statement closed, awarded 40K miles
5/4 - req match to 60K mi via late night chat
5/15 - received letter that I should see 20K more miles in 1-2 billing cycles

DH
4/11 - applied, but went pending
4/23 - approved
5/9 - met MSR
5/13 - statement closed, no 40K miles
5/15 - req match to 60K miles via late night chat; told offers are different for different people, but that they want to make me happy and will put in the request. I will receive a letter in 7-10 bus. days.

Not sure if I met the MSR too close to the statement closing date for the miles to post on DH's account? I'm not worried yet, but it may be another month before I know about the 40K miles...and who knows about whether the match request will be honored or not.

So in my household, we're 50/50 so far.

I am being so indecisive. I think I need to step back and really look at plans before applying for my next card. It probably won't happen tomorrow.

I have a nice stash of URs (and more coming) that I can use to book JetBlue flights and now the Arrival+ is tempting me over the JetBlue Plus card. The spend is much higher, but I can use that for MNSSHP + MVMCP tickets. My hesitation with the JetBlue Plus card is that the free bags will be pointless (no pun intended) to me if I book airfare on points outside of the JetBlue Plus card and the fee isn't waived the first year. At the same time, the Arrival+ is personal vs JetBlue Plus business option :faint:

Lol I thought you were saying it was brazen when I said they didn’t invite me on their cruise. I don’t mind too much about them asking because we will be 20 hours from any family and I know we’ll love seeing them. I was a little caught off guard at first but I think we just need to expect this to happen.
We are 14-18 hours from all our family (and TX friends). We get constant visitors, especially in the summer, and I love it. I hope my fam and friends never stop wanting to visit us. It's a blessing to be able to host so many people and honestly, get to know people better than we ever would if they hadn't stayed with us. You will get used to it. When you live somewhere desirable, people want to experience it too and visit you. Take it as a compliment!

Last edited:
Thiis thread is waaaay too long to read, but I will say we put EVERYTHING on a credit card.
We end up getting, with reward dollars, annual passes for the wife and me, plus our TIW card, plus a signature dinner at Disney every year.

No interest paid.

Paging Mr. Dave Ramsey...

Thiis thread is waaaay too long to read, but I will say we put EVERYTHING on a credit card.
We end up getting, with reward dollars, annual passes for the wife and me, plus our TIW card, plus a signature dinner at Disney every year.

No interest paid.

Paging Mr. Dave Ramsey...
You have a great start!

Here’s how our 2019 trip to wdw is looking with cc rewards redemptions:

6 airline tix on SW - 100% covered with points and CP (we do have to pay $11 pp in fees)

6 7-day park tix - 100% covered with cash back rewards from 3 different cards

9 nights of hotel (2 rooms) - I can cover all but about $550 with points. This is 4 nights in a mod and 5 nights at Swan. The $550 will be covered with CC rewards.

All food will be covered with either free or GCs bought with at least a 20% discount.

No interest paid.

Do you think Dave Ramsey could help me further? My dh and I took his class many years ago and I’ve done his high school curriculum with my oldest dd as a personal finance class so I’m pretty familiar with him.

You have a great start!

Here’s how our 2019 trip to wdw is looking with cc rewards redemptions:

6 airline tix on SW - 100% covered with points and CP (we do have to pay $11 pp in fees)

6 7-day park tix - 100% covered with cash back rewards from 3 different cards

9 nights of hotel (2 rooms) - I can cover all but about $550 with points. This is 4 nights in a mod and 5 nights at Swan. The $550 will be covered with CC rewards.

All food will be covered with either free or GCs bought with at least a 20% discount.

No interest paid.

Do you think Dave Ramsey could help me further? My dh and I took his class many years ago and I’ve done his high school curriculum with my oldest dd as a personal finance class so I’m pretty familiar with him.
Well done!!!

Does anyone know how long it takes to get an expedited card from Barclay? I checked the box on my app to expedite for $15 so I can try and hurry and schedule my mortgage pmt on Plastiq.

I see people mentioning they have a 7 night certificate for Marriott. I know with the cc, it gives you one free night a year. Where did people get the 7 night certificate from???

Marriott has a flight and hotel travel package that can be purchase with Marriott points and includes airline miles and a 7 night hotel certificate. Prior to the merger these travel packages were an incredible value especially when transferring SPG points at 1:3. At the time, one could transfer 90k SPG points for 270k Marriott points. Then, one could purchase a flight and hotel package with Marriott and receive 120,000 airline miles and a 7 night hotel certificate at a category 1-5 property.

Marriott still has these travel packages but they have been greatly devalued. Now it costs 330k Marriott points to get 100k miles and 7 nights at a cat 1-4 property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter