I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!! I'm still confused on the old tickets. I thought once tickets were linked, they could not be transferred or reassigned? My aunt is going in Nov and says she'd buy our old tickets from me. Can I reassign them to their family?
You can 100% reassign an unused ticket (this includes DAH, MVMCP, MNSSHP, etc even though they specifically state "non-transferrable." I think that means once partially used). If you log-in to MDE, go to my plans > tickets & memory maker. You should see a "reassign ticket" drop-down next to each ticket that can be moved. If you manage the guests 100%, you can move the ticket/voucher/pass. If the person has his/her own MDE, they will need to log-in and transfer it themselves (i.e. I linked an AP voucher to my sister earlier today, but I cannot just take it back logged in as me since I do not manage her. I plan with her. If I log-in as her, I can transfer it from her back to me.)

Is your aunt going the same dates that you purchased? Or do you have the flex ticket? That is the only obstacle I foresee in changing the ticket over. It will transfer, but if its a different set of dates and not a flex ticket, she may have to pay to change it to be active when she goes. Additionally, if the dates aren't valid, she won't be able to pre-book FP+. If its not used and a pretty recent purchase, UT may also be able to adjust the date or option on the ticket for you.

Well.... do I buy a voucher from Sam’s. My cash flow right now is so tight. Ugh, $5,000 deposit for DVC. $500 for Adventures by Disney in 2020. $15,000 due for the wedding in September. Idk if we can swing another 2k right now for APs, but it would be saving us a lot. I need to get SO the schwab plat and I will have $7,500 to help out.
Ohhh it is a tough decision. I know it is a good deal considering what happened. IMO If you can swing it, its probably worth it. If not, its not worth spreading yourself too thin to save a couple hundred dollars in the grand scheme of things.

So tempted by the Sam's Club AP . . . can someone remind me the break-even point for AP vs. multi-day tickets?
I used to be able to justify an AP renewal by comparing a 3-day and 2-day hopper ticket.

Right now with dynamic pricing, it is a little weird because it fluctuates slightly. If I were to purchase 2, 3-day hoppers starting with a first day of today, 6/18, it would cost $897.52 with tax direct from Disney. The Sams club AP costs $924.78 with tax. I would say if you plan on going 2 times, with a combo of 3/4 days, you will easily make your return. This doesn't consider the higher/lower ticket prices or possible discounts from say UT, but you will also get PhotoPass+ for the year, AP room/dining/merch discounts, etc.

You can 100% reassign an unused ticket (this includes DAH, MVMCP, MNSSHP, etc even though they specifically state "non-transferrable." I think that means once partially used). If you log-in to MDE, go to my plans > tickets & memory maker. You should see a "reassign ticket" drop-down next to each ticket that can be moved. If you manage the guests 100%, you can move the ticket/voucher/pass. If the person has his/her own MDE, they will need to log-in and transfer it themselves (i.e. I linked an AP voucher to my sister earlier today, but I cannot just take it back logged in as me since I do not manage her. I plan with her. If I log-in as her, I can transfer it from her back to me.)

Is your aunt going the same dates that you purchased? Or do you have the flex ticket? That is the only obstacle I foresee in changing the ticket over. It will transfer, but if its a different set of dates and not a flex ticket, she may have to pay to change it to be active when she goes. Additionally, if the dates aren't valid, she won't be able to pre-book FP+. If its not used and a pretty recent purchase, UT may also be able to adjust the date or option on the ticket for you.

Ohhh it is a tough decision. I know it is a good deal considering what happened. IMO If you can swing it, its probably worth it. If not, its not worth spreading yourself too thin to save a couple hundred dollars in the grand scheme of things.
Thank you! The date thing occurred to me as well and no, we are going in Aug and she's going over Thanksgiving so I don't think this is going to work for her without it being a huge hassle!

So I've added 2 APs to my cart and started checkout but it's asking me to enter names for the two tickets. Should I be worried about this? Or can I still assign them to different people a year or two from now?

Thank you! The date thing occurred to me as well and no, we are going in Aug and she's going over Thanksgiving so I don't think this is going to work for her without it being a huge hassle!
You could also probably stop at GR and have the ticket adjusted in person during your August trip for her November dates and then transfer it to her once the upgrade is done. The prices with the dynamic pricing should show if it would cost more money.

If you don't want to do that, you can also leave the ticket in your account (put on a fake profile while you use your AP in August and then transfer it back once you are done entering the parks on your last day [Not when you are home, once home, it would already be expired and wouldn't let you move it around. It needs to be active to move]). While it will "expire" it will not lose its current value (I would look at what Disney is currently selling those dates for, not what you paid from UT). If you go back in 2 years with no AP, Disney will let you upgrade it to current prices at that time and you would only pay the difference.

Last edited:

So I've added 2 APs to my cart and started checkout but it's asking me to enter names for the two tickets. Should I be worried about this? Or can I still assign them to different people a year or two from now?
No problem at all. I put the actual person's name, phone number, and e-mail address and it was still sent to me and asked me to match it to any guest when I added the voucher number to MDE! I took a screenshot of when I did it earlier while linking:

Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 6.39.09 PM.png

If you were to pick it up at will-call, or call Disney IT for help linking, it may have the information you entered. Once it is online in MDE, you can move it around as you please.

If you go back in 2 years with no AP, Disney will let you upgrade it to current prices at that time and you would only pay the difference.

Thank you again for the info! If I were to do this and allow the ticket to expire, when I go to use, I assume I could not make FP 60 days out since the ticket is not active?

Been sitting here racking my brain to use up the last $95ish of CSR travel credit on each of ILs cards with something that won't cut it too close since I need to cancel before the end of the month. Just hit me... I can pay the exact weird change amounts on our toll account and then just transfer cash or even URs in to 'their' trip stash

Just slightly correcting what I said about transferring it back in scenario 2. Wait until your last day once you are done entering the parks, not when you are home. Once home, it would already be expired and wouldn't let you move it around. It needs to be active to move.

I will edit my original post for anyone else reading.

Thank you again for the info! If I were to do this and allow the ticket to expire, when I go to use, I assume I could not make FP 60 days out since the ticket is not active?
Yes, that is very true. It wouldn't be eligible for FP+ reservations until it was active again.

Got my P2’s support points from CIP2 also!

Have managed to resist the urge to get AP’s from Sam’s for DD and me. Had been considering it, but it’s not in the budget right now so we’ll just wait on that for now. Maybe do some other non Disney trips this winter.

No problem at all. I put the actual person's name, phone number, and e-mail address and it was still sent to me and asked me to match it to any guest when I added the voucher number to MDE! I took a screenshot of when I did it earlier while linking:

View attachment 410064

If you were to pick it up at will-call, or call Disney IT for help linking, it may have the information you entered. Once it is online in MDE, you can move it around as you please.

Gah just pulled the trigger on two . . . I'm hoping to get to a few runDisney events next year which would mean a few 3/4 day trips so I should at least break even.

Also, I triple-checked the Disney website that the Platinum APs don't have any blackout dates. I'm assuming that if I end up holding on to these for a few years, Disney would still honor those terms even if the then-existing APs do have blackout dates?

Oh my! Do we have another Plane Princess in our midst? DH won’t fly economy if it’s over 2 1/2 hours.

Yes, we do! He's 6'3" and once he was so miserable on a business trip flying economy that he made me book a whole new one way ticket on JetBlue for the extra legroom! He also likes nice hotels. I think that is why he lets me open all of these credit cards. :)

Everyone had to start somewhere. No worries and no eye rolling.

Thanks so much. I really appreciate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter