I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is really annoying, though I understand why they did it. DH loves the drink package, but I don't drink at all so not worth it if we both have to get it. On our next cruise, we're in one room and kids are in another. I'm thinking of changing it to one adult in each room, hoping to get around the drink package thing that way. So DH will be the only adult (technically) in his state room and can get it himself.
That sounds like a LOT of alcohol.
I was glad that you did what you did the other week. So many here are so patient and helpful, but it had just gotten absurd.
No idea.
I’m seriously about to cry. Apparently they are just telling us TODAY that we weren’t in their schedule book. Are you $&@*ing kidding me?!!!!! So if we didn’t call we would’ve sat here all day wondering when they would show up and they wouldn’t have come. I’m so pissed it’s not even funny. Our relocation agent said she’s extremely upset also and the moving company is “scrambling to find someone else”. You’re damn right you better be scrambling your *** off. Sorry for the language but this is our life they’re messing with. We close on this house today so we won’t technically own it anymore and have to leave.
I’m so sorry this happened to you. You’ve been really lucky so far, all of our moves have pretty much gone like your day today.
Linked our annual passes and just got on the road for Florida. Moving company was supposed to come 2-2:30 and surprise surprise they weren’t there. Guy who bought our house is there waiting for them
That’s great that your buyer is being so nice. The buyer of our last house said we could store stuff in the garage until our move in date for next house. They changed their minds the day before moving and it just got worse after that...

Is it bad that I’m considering not even getting APs? The only thing in the foreseeable future I see us doing is the villain dah which is a ticketed event anyway. Should we just pay for that and not worry about the APs yet?
There is really no rush to get them. Wait until you are settled and see how often you'd be able to spend time at WDW and/or US. If you think you'd go enough to get value from the new cost of the Apps (ouch!) then buy them when you are going to use them. I kind of like the idea of just doing DAH events a few times a year. They are just so pleasant compared to normal park hours.

There is really no rush to get them. Wait until you are settled and see how often you'd be able to spend time at WDW and/or US. If you think you'd go enough to get value from the new cost of the Apps (ouch!) then buy them when you are going to use them. I kind of like the idea of just doing DAH events a few times a year. They are just so pleasant compared to normal park hours.

Too late, she already has AP vouchers from Sams Club :rotfl2:

All the talk of Grinders and Hogies, how about Wecks as in Buffalo Wild Wings and Wecks (aka BW3, or now days B-dubs)?
BW3s for us. Dh thinks I'm crazy.
Anyone heard about the SW change trick for September? i didnt read through all the pages so im not sure if someone already posted it.
I guess in september, you change change your flight for free within 2 weeks... so you can book a tuesday flight for xx, then move it to leaving on sat, making it cheaper and redeeming for a better value.

not sure why, my guess says it has to do with the 737-Max8 issue again. perhaps someone can take advantage of this.
I wondered why mine came up like that!
So DISchurner friends... I'm working on finalizing our Universal trip plans. We might spend our last night at the MCO Hyatt and take an early flight home.

I know I could do some googling on this but would prefer some real life examples here. Transferring URs to Hyatt - how quick is that? Does it happen instantly? I see that I could book a night in the MCO Hyatt for 12k Hyatt points (which is substantially less than using URs, even with a CSR).

Using Hyatt for a room - anything strange I should be aware of? I would assume that it is the same as using Marriott, Hilton, or IHG points (all of which I have experience with)...just book your room and you're good to go?

Thanks for any insight!
But if you can still sign up for a promo, it seems points nights count for their ones were they give 500pts per night for some brands, 1k for others... I am signed up for the promo for our stay tomorrow
Super easy and quick! I am staying there tomorrow night when we arrive since we have a late flight in and are heading to Clearwater in the morning.

I even got a nice welcome email this morning and it wasn’t a “robot” because they actually responded back to my email.
Hey us tooooooooooo. I had a moment of considering emailing... and then thought it would be 3ven more wasted on me than SFF :rotfl:

Not sure I can sell it. The gift card has American Express printed over it. And Johnny Was strangely does not accept (or even sell) gift cards on their website, so I can only use this in stores. It appears they had a store in San Francisco, which closed; but there are several locations around the Bay Area. But my wife does not wear boho chic, and the prices seem pretty outrageous. Interestingly, I also have an Amex Offer for 5,000 MR for spending $250+ at Johnny Was.
:confused3
What's the resale like? Could you make out even/ahead buying $350 worth of boho chic to unload for the MR points? Otherwise maybe @Albort can work some connections magic for this one. There's got to be a black market for AmEx Johnny Was GCs starting :laughing:

That sounds like a LOT of alcohol.

No idea.

I’m so sorry this happened to you. You’ve been really lucky so far, all of our moves have pretty much gone like your day today.

That’s great that your buyer is being so nice. The buyer of our last house said we could store stuff in the garage until our move in date for next house. They changed their minds the day before moving and it just got worse after that...
Wow that sounds terrible. The buyer was a coworker of Dh and we’ve hung out with him so we weren’t close friends but we’re still friends. Our neighbor also kept a close eye on the whole thing

I think you’re a little behind lol. We already bought ours from sam’s club earlier today

Thanks! When I emailed him about our late arrival tomorrow, I slipped in the fact that I was celebrating my birthday and anniversary in FL. So we’ll what happens...He did let me know he had annotated my late arrival.
The Hyatt Vancouver emailed me ahead of time asking if we had late or early arrival or any specific needs. I let them know we would be arriving early but totally forgot to mention our anniversary. Doh. They did upgrade our room and send a fruit and snack basket even without knowing that.

What's the resale like? Could you make out even/ahead buying $350 worth of boho chic to unload for the MR points? Otherwise maybe @Albort can work some connections magic for this one. There's got to be a black market for AmEx Johnny Was GCs starting :laughing:

Yeah, I’ve been pretty busy this week so I only just caught up on DoC that Amex has been sending these out. I need to catch up with Reddit too. I’ll need to investigate further...

Yeah, but only to save URs from a Universal resort.
This one actually isn’t a point saving ploy. This is a happy wife strategy. My wife is signing off on this trip but wants to be home as early as possible on Tuesday. Taking the 7:30am flight will improve her happiness, but waking up in a Universal resort and attempting to catch a 7:30 flight will greatly decrease my happiness. This is a compromise that also happens to save me points :)

I should also add that we’re using 240k URs for other facets of this trip ;) I just left that out earlier for humor sake haha.

Wanna break this math down with me? Do you need financing? Can you just put all of it on a credit card?

Total cost would be 16,500. So 3CIP subs? $3,000 back? That would be $180 a point
I'm just thinking about @SouthFayetteFan 's UR stash and how low his cost per point would be. Dang, that would be one fun use of URs! #goals

Anyone who is stalking AP SWGE preview want to share cell numbers in a PM and set off a group text when the first person sees the link?

Okay I found a way to add others to the PM (it’s at the very bottom of the page where it shows icons of everyone in the PM) and have added the folks that said they were interested. If you didn’t receive the PM just tag me here or send a PM and I’ll get you added.

I tried to add @calypso726 to the pm I started earlier today about dvc but could never figure it out :confused3

@bernina could you add me as well? :D

@wendow could you also add me to the DVC PM? It's a stretch, but we've been :magnify:

The struggle. I am going to be bored here without an MSR!
Correct, they will just sit in MDE with all your other ticket media. Rather than prioritizing, you can even make a fake friend and push the passes there during your SWGE trip so there is no way they can accidentally get activated, and then transfer them back once your trip is over. This would be my personal preferred method if you do not need to hold FP+ within 60+ days of your other trip.

And I am $1,841 into the Biz Plat upgrade offer now...lol

I transfered UR to Hyatt for use on our SF trip. Super easy, instant transfer.
The Hyatt Regency Embarcadero informed me of a destiantion fee of $25 plus tax fee per night. I assumed that was outside of rewards points used to secure the room and my cc would be charged after checkout, but so far no charge, and my emailed bill was zero.

So DISchurner friends... I'm working on finalizing our Universal trip plans. We might spend our last night at the MCO Hyatt and take an early flight home.

I know I could do some googling on this but would prefer some real life examples here. Transferring URs to Hyatt - how quick is that? Does it happen instantly? I see that I could book a night in the MCO Hyatt for 12k Hyatt points (which is substantially less than using URs, even with a CSR).

Using Hyatt for a room - anything strange I should be aware of? I would assume that it is the same as using Marriott, Hilton, or IHG points (all of which I have experience with)...just book your room and you're good to go?

Thanks for any insight!

The beauty of Hyatt is also the fact that it's truly ZERO OOP for award bookings. We transferred last year and last week and both instances, points were deposited immediately. @Oscar Madison we stayed there as well last year and despite the "destination fee" mentioned, it's not actually applied. Award bookings are all covered.

This thread moves SO FAST!

More newbie questions. I've bookmarked so many posts but I'm still a bit overwhelmed so please bear with me.

I needn't have worried (not that I was actually worried) about possibly not making the MSR for my first CIP because I haven't even had it three weeks and I am already over $2000. Yikes.

I got this CIP on 5/30/19.

I believe the next best step is to have my husband apply for a CIP using a referral link from me. Assuming he gets approved, he needs to add an "employee card" for me so that I can use it to meet the MSR for the new one. (I don't plan to have him spend at all on it since he and I have very different spending/payment styles).

If he does not get approved for the CIP, what is my next best step? Would the next best thing be to go for something like another Chase personal card? I have mentioned earlier that I am not really looking to get in AMEX cards at this time. For those following along, here are my current personal cards:

8/18 Capital One something or other
6/18 Chase Disney Visa
6/17 Some sort of bank issued Lowe's (home improvement) card

Also. I've seen some folks here mention that they've asked Chase to lower their credit limits. Are you doing that in order to increase your chances of getting approved for additional cards? Are there certain circumstances or amounts at which you all recommend doing so?

Thank you !!!!

So now we are torn between the benevolent dictator being a woman or Carl from UP. :rotfl2:

Yet my addonitis persists LOL

Trust me you won’t leave hungry!

Whoa, hold on a minute here. First, I don’t know what the comments are about specifically since half the time I skim through posts and don’t catch everything unless I’m tagged.

Often, much negative commentary is directed at other travel hacking groups that get negative like Reddit and Flyer Talk or the comments on popular blogs and gets discussed here. Sometimes a link is posted so we can all go watch and sometimes not and there’s some venting. Sometimes we get a poster here that asks a question, we give advice and then never hear from them again. That does feel like a slap to the face. We have regulars here that may not respond when their questions are answered with so much as a like. Perhaps, like me, they scroll by and may not notice unless they’re tagged. So I try to think that must be the case and not take it personal. The thread does move pretty fast. Keep these things in mind. We are not Reddit or Flyer Talk here. We are the polar opposite. Keep that in mind. :-)

Yes and yes. I have over 20 pages to read from the last 24 hours. :scared: I'm not reading everything in detail and trying to skim quickly, so it would be easy to overlook something. I am wondering if there is something really juicy that caused so much discussion and I just haven't gotten to it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter