I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's been said before but I've got to say we've got an awesome group here. I think it's great a bunch of us are cool with others having their cell number so we can have a group text for swge, other parts of the board wouldn't do that. I like that while there is a dis community as a whole, that we have our own tiny one here where we actually know stuff about each other, even if we have to rely on @Lain spreadsheet to remind us :)

And on a completely different note, I hate the shift in baseball. It annoys me and why does the 3b have to swap with the ss or anything. I realize it works sometimes but whenever they put the graphic up of the shift I roll my eyes.

I agree about the shift - I've heard some say they are thinking of making teams do away with it. Make the 3rd baseman play at 3rd, etc. On a funny note, I'm a Cardinals fan and Matt Carpenter got a double out of a bunt because they were using the shift on him. Pretty fun to watch if you're a baseball fan!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What kind of points?

If you book using UR points on the Chase travel portal, that's an online travel agent and usually booking via OTAs don't get you the hotel loyalty program's perks. It's somewhat YMMV with Hilton whether the hotel will recognize your program status and award you points for the stay. So in that case, your Hilton account may not give you any benefit.

There's no harm in already having a Hilton Honors account. You should log in to check if you have any points in there from your last trip. It sounds as if you don't stay at Hilton hotels and haven't used your Hilton Honors account much. It's likely you're just a blue level member, which still gets you some basic perks when you book directly with Hilton. You can find the benefits of HH's various member levels here: https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/explore/benefits/index.html

When you get further into this hobby and start signing up for hotel credit cards like the Amex Hilton cards for signup bonuses in Hilton Honors points, two of Amex's four Hilton cards get you complimentary Gold status; and one of the four gets you the highest level Diamond status. (Note that the Amex Platinum also includes complimentary Hilton Gold status.) Those higher elite statuses will get you more meaningful benefits like your 5th night free when booking with points, free breakfast, and room upgrades.

Thanks for that link; somehow my poking around the Hilton website last night did not turn that information up!

You're correct- I've never stayed at a Hilton in my life except for that last trip which I didn't pay for, so absolutely zero points for me.

When you ask "what kind of points" I was thinking only of Chase UR points but I should have known that the TYPE of points is important to know in this conversation! I will learn... some day.... And I would not expect to earn anything from Hilton on a stay I book with URs (although wouldn't that be neat if I did??)

Good to know about the different types of Hilton AMEX cards including certain levels of Hilton status. Do you suppose those status benefits would apply even if the hotel room itself isn't paid for with a Hilton AMEX card?

I want to try and drive to Disney once...maybe when the kids are older. Its a 21hr ride according to Google. I for sure don't want to drive back though!
Once you are south of DC, the driving is so easy. But, driving the Northeast corridor is not. It can be pretty stressful. If I still lived in Rhode Island or Boston, I would find it more difficult. I'm planning a visit up to the Cape later this year and really don't want to drive it. Have thought about doing Amtrak to Providence and then renting.

I love driving from here to Disney. It relaxes me. Flying makes me very anxious and even the thought of a flight way in the future will keep me awake at night while I plot to avoid it.
I absolutely love flying. Driving makes me so stressed that I get a headache and I’m not even the one driving. There are too many idiots on the road and a bunch of rubber neckers

Oh also, dh’s points finally posted from CIP 2 and I transferred them to his CSR. We have some choices coming up with two cards hitting their one year mark: my CIP1 and dh’s CSR. Should I get CIP2 or a CSR?

Both lol. I’d refer you from your DHs CSR and then close his but double dip the travel credit. Then when that’s done refer from your DHs CIP.

If anyone needs to put some small spend on a sock drawered card or top off MSR, Swagbucks has their discounted purchase going on. This time it’s buy 2000 Swagbucks ($20) for $19. You can buy up to 3 times.

For your first cash out of the month you can get a $25 virtual visa for 2175 Swagbucks. They are sometimes a pain to redeem but seem to work well when added to your PayPal account and used with PayPal checkout. You can also get Walmart giftcards ($25 for 2200 Swagbucks) and use those to get discounted Disney GC at Sams Club.

Once you are south of DC, the driving is so easy. But, driving the Northeast corridor is not. It can be pretty stressful. If I still lived in Rhode Island or Boston, I would find it more difficult. I'm planning a visit up to the Cape later this year and really don't want to drive it. Have thought about doing Amtrak to Providence and then renting.
South Carolina can be a nightmare. 95 is only two lanes in a lot of parts and I've spent a lot of time stuck in SC. Makes a 900 mile ride with kids and a dog almost unbearable.

If anyone needs to put some small spend on a sock drawered card or top off MSR, Swagbucks has their discounted purchase going on. This time it’s buy 2000 Swagbucks ($20) for $19. You can buy up to 3 times.

For your first cash out of the month you can get a $25 virtual visa for 2175 Swagbucks. They are sometimes a pain to redeem but seem to work well when added to your PayPal account and used with PayPal checkout. You can also get Walmart giftcards ($25 for 2200 Swagbucks) and use those to get discounted Disney GC at Sams Club.
I'm in for another $60 today. Trying to knock out a citi ty retention offer.

Here are some previous related posts about the Hyatt Regency Embarcadero and San Francisco:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...t-page-for-addl-details.3729982/post-60365755Thank you so much Lain! I wonder if there is a way to bookmark this post as we’re not going until next June lol.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...t-page-for-addl-details.3729982/post-60367402
https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...t-page-for-addl-details.3729982/post-60380225
https://www.disboards.com/threads/i-love-credit-cards-so-much.3528202/post-58942579 (I'll add to this list that since you're staying so close to the Ferry Building, if the weather is nice, you could try to fit in a short ferry trip over to Sausalito. That'll take you across the Bay with amazing views of the city, the Golden Gate Bridge, and Alcatraz if you don't want to actually visit it. Tickets on the commuter ferries are a lot cheaper than tours.)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...t-page-for-addl-details.3729982/post-60370911
https://www.disboards.com/threads/i-love-credit-cards-so-much.3528202/post-58943457

OMG, I have never been made to feel so guilty for cancelling a credit card before. Citi transferred me to 3 people to get me to keep from closing out my AA Citi Biz. They offered me 1k bonus mile a month for 16 mos if I spent $1k/mo. So I guess like earning 2 miles for every dollar. I still cancelled.

So now, when I apply for Citi Biz #2, can I do it under the same name? This was under my legit photography biz. And also I know it's a gamble, but any link I can gamble with, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter