I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:-)Thanks. It was through his CSR. I didn't keep the receipt from the 1 AM Waffle House dinner we had after finally finding a hotel near the airport with available rooms! We did take a Lyft from the airport because we didn't feel like waiting for the hotel free shuttle, which also didn't stop at the international terminal. Tomorrow I will look into all that.
I recall reading you only need the food receipt if it’s above a certain threshold (like $50 or something) so I’d throw that in too ;)

So DW currently has 4 open Chase biz cards. All biz cards are with SSN only; no EIN. I think the key is to lower your CLs sufficiently ahead of applying for another Chase biz card, and adequately space out apps by ~3 months. If the card is a sock drawer card, but it’s too soon to close it (<1 year), don’t be hesitant to SM Chase to reduce that card’s CL down to $1k or even $500.

How does one know how far they should have their credit limit lowered? Any advice on that?

I am going to meet the MSR on the CIP sooner than anticipated (I think) so I am planning on the Citi American Airlines Business Mastercard next... maybe in about a month!

Yep. Apply for the CIP first because 1 biz card in 30 days. But possible to get the CSP within 30 days of the CIP because personal cards can be 2 Chase (biz or personal) cards in 30 days.
Thank you! I am spacing some possibilities out for a 60-90 day period if I do end up getting a DVC contract and don't want any issues waiting around for approvals or losing out on URs. My CSP will be 1 year old on 8/8 and I would like to get the referral in and see points pending before PCing to a CF. If I have to eat the CSP's AF for another year I guess the 15,000 URs would cover it, but I want to have my cake and eat it too!

Who knew SeaWorld had fireworks? We just found out thanks to the awesome upgrade we received of a SeaWorld view with balcony at the Renaissance!
View attachment 411216
The show is actually pretty nice! I had to stay there for a work event in Orlando last year and I watched the fireworks with some ice cream from the little counter in the lobby. Not Disney, but it was a nice way to end the long day!

We saw TS4 today too. I was left with meh. Been there done that. And this is from the person who was hysterical ugly crying when I saw 3. It seemed a little chaotic and forced. And I agree with @Lain and @PolyRob. I guess I still can’t get over that Andy should have been a pack rat and just kept his toys for his own children.
YES! There are so many scenes in TS3 that got me. I really want to watch it right now lol

As a fellow pack rat, I understand. I have my original Woody and Buzz from the 90's! Buzz may have needed to have his jetpack replaced because I opened/closed him a few too many times, but he looks pretty darn good to me for being a "child's play thing!"

I live in spider mecca, all kinds seem to coexist at my house - big ugly ones, small tiny thin ones, and everything in between. Some like the grass, some like the trees, they dig every square inch of my house inside and out and a few like my front door and have built human sized webs right in front of it... I don't like to think about that too much...

Where do you live?? I need to know so I never, ever, move there :scared1:

Last edited:
We saw TS4 today too. I was left with meh. Been there done that. And this is from the person who was hysterical ugly crying when I saw 3. It seemed a little chaotic and forced. And I agree with @Lain and @PolyRob. I guess I still can’t get over that Andy should have been a pack rat and just kept his toys for his own children.
Watching TS3 makes me cry like crazy too. I really just leave the room now once it's almost over. As a mom who saves her dc's most precious toys, why in the world did Andy's mom not have a say in the matter?!?! Why was Andy so willing to hand them over? I just will never get that. It simply makes no sense. Andy's children (or his sister's kids) should be the recipient of those one day :mad:

Watching TS3 makes me cry like crazy too. I really just leave the room now once it's almost over. As a mom who saves her dc's most precious toys, why in the world did Andy's mom not have a say in the matter?!?! Why was Andy so willing to hand them over? I just will never get that. It simply makes no sense. Andy's children (or his sister's kids) should be the recipient of those one day :mad:
Lol I think this is so funny because I’m like Andy and you guys are like my mom. I didn’t cry at all during toy story 3. I didn’t find any part of that movie sad. Recently we went through all of my old stuff with my mom and dad and I kept saying “you can get rid of that” to things they thought I would for sure want because they saved them for me. I don’t like having a lot of clutter and honestly someone else would enjoy those things more than I would I’m sure. I kept the bare minimum of things that meant the most to me

I'm a pretty quiet crier, and I do tear up pretty easily at movies so it's not an uncommon occurrence, but my kids (young teens at the time) were genuinely concerned about me during TS3. ("Mom, are you sure you're okay?")

We still have the talking Buzz and Woody toys that DH keeps finding a reason to keep (I am the crier and he is the pack-rat).

All the coming of age, going to college, saying goodbye, and the incinerator scene when they look to Woody all they can do is hold hands?! 😭 Sorry, I am almost crying right now thinking about it!

I sooo want to discuss something about TS4 in relation to this comment, but realize you haven't seen it yet and I should just wait. 😂

The timing of TS3 was when my oldest was heading to college. Waterworks were flowing! I still have so many of my children’s toys. I care more about them than they do.
My DH and I went to see TS4 tonight. Anyone know why there wasn’t a Pixar short? I really missed that. Overall, we enjoyed the movie but the ending left me conflicted. At first I thought Woody was chasing a girl...giving up who is he. But then, during the credits I saw them working together to give other toys a chance to find a kid.

All the coming of age, going to college, saying goodbye, and the incinerator scene when they look to Woody all they can do is hold hands?! 😭 Sorry, I am almost crying right now thinking about it!

I sooo want to discuss something about TS4 in relation to this comment, but realize you haven't seen it yet and I should just wait. 😂
I want to know what you know but I don't want to be spoiled lol! Hopefully our fam can find a time to go see it soon.

Yes, I cry at the incinerator too :sad:

So Dh and I went to lowe’s Tonight looking for a vacuum. Omg we were in there forever and still couldn’t decide. I’m pretty sure I want a shark, but not sure which one. We have the cats so the main thing is picking up litter and hair. The ion cordless seemed nice but not sure if it has enough power and I like a small handheld brush for the couches. Anyone have any advice suggestions?
Dyson V8 Handheld...on the pricey side but it works very well.

Spend is somewhat of an issue that has me hesitating pulling the trigger sooner rather than later.

I've barely made a dent in my new BBP's $3k MSR.
We have DW's CIP3 coming, probably, this week, with a $5k MSR.
I'm planning to apply for my CIP3 around the middle of next month, for another $5k MSR.

I'd like to hit the MSRs on our CIPs ASAP, because ... I'm slightly paranoid. But also, I'd love to bank those 80k UR SUBs on the first statement. So I'm going to focus first on the CIP MSRs and the BBP's rather anemic 10k MR SUB will be on the back burner. I figure I should have enough miscellaneous organic spend to throw on the BBP in the next two months to hit $3k.

But starting on another $10k MSR now is going to add some pressure with 2x CIPs and a BBP already taking priority. Fortunately, the upgrade offer gives 5 months to meet MSR, but my budget and timeline gives me maybe 2 months to hit the $10k MSR and that's a little tight for comfort.

That would certainly make anyone hesitant, particularly if you are one (me) to :headache: when there’s lost/diverted category spend. The extra two months is definitely a nice buffer, but I think you’ve wisely talked yourself into a better decision to save the $50 in pro-rated AFs and hold off just a bit :)

Lol I think this is so funny because I’m like Andy and you guys are like my mom. I didn’t cry at all during toy story 3. I didn’t find any part of that movie sad. Recently we went through all of my old stuff with my mom and dad and I kept saying “you can get rid of that” to things they thought I would for sure want because they saved them for me. I don’t like having a lot of clutter and honestly someone else would enjoy those things more than I would I’m sure. I kept the bare minimum of things that meant the most to me
I didn't save stuff either...Wanna hear something SUPER sad?? I let my mom donate my stuffed Figment that I got in 1983 when Epcot had first opened :sad: And now I have a dd who is Figment crazy and I cannot even hand down that precious toy that I loved so much it was the only souvenir I got that trip (I was only allowed one). It kills me now knowing how flippantly I basically threw him away (didn't want clutter...). Then you have children and perspective changes...at least it did for me...I do save the toys that are my kid's favs. My dh gets me a tub and I pack them up and put them in the attic. If we end up moving, I may have to make some hard choices but for now, I have the space so I'm keeping.

Last edited:
So Dh and I went to lowe’s Tonight looking for a vacuum. Omg we were in there forever and still couldn’t decide. I’m pretty sure I want a shark, but not sure which one. We have the cats so the main thing is picking up litter and hair. The ion cordless seemed nice but not sure if it has enough power and I like a small handheld brush for the couches. Anyone have any advice suggestions?
We have a Shark navigator liftaway. I love it! Have had 3 Dysons (we are users and abusers of vacuums lol) and this Shark easily keeps up with anything our Dysons could do but it's so much less.

I didn't save stuff either...Wanna hear something SUPER sad?? I let my mom donate my stuffed Figment at I got in 1983 when Epcot had first opened :sad: And now I have a dd who is Figment crazy and I cannot even hand down that precious toy that I loved so much it was the only souvenir I got that trip (I was only allowed one). It kills me now knowing how flippantly I basically threw him away (didn't want clutter...). Then you have children and perspective changes...at least it did for me...I do save the toys that are my kid's favs. My dh gets me a tub and I pack them up and put them in the attic. If we end up moving, I may have to make some hard choices but for now, I have the space so I'm keeping.
Since we don’t have kids yet I’ve haven’t gone through that. I tried to keep the toys that I loved the most but I guess we’ll see. Dh has nothing from his childhood because his mom is TOO much of a pack rat. Her entire garage is full and you couldn’t find anything in there. It makes me sad because we don’t have any pictures of him from when he was little. We knew we didn’t want to bring a lot with us in the move so that was the main reason for not keeping a lot of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter