• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you adding in your kiddo? I think they only allow kids in the glamping units, which doesn't look bookable with points, so then it looks like there's no points availability.

I booked March for my birthday. Probably not a busy time (hope it doesn't rain!). I checked some other random weekends though and it looked pretty open.
I smell a kid -free weekend!!!

:scared1:

VENTANA INN?!?!

You just one-upped my upcoming Hyatt Carmel Highlands stay!

For reference, the Hyatt Carmel Highlands is also a 30k Hyatt points/night redemption and cash rates are about $824/night during our stay.

Now I'm trying to figure out an occasions when I can slot in the Ventana Inn!

Just curious about these resort kinds of hotels--is your trip centered around the hotel, or are you doing other things?

Sorry to sound clueless but I have never planned a trip that hasn't been picking a destination first and then finding a hotel. Tagging @wanderlust7

I'd be interested to hear a review of The Wave when you get back. I keep seeing really good reviews but nothing on the menu ever really jumps out at me. I ate at Whispering Canyon a super long time ago (back when I was a teenager). Always really liked it then!

As I was complaining about my seriously first world problem at the lunch table today, one of my coworkers told me that I should try to go to the Olympics the week before, as often there are some minor qualifying events and obviously a lot of athletes are arriving ahead of time.
I’ll try to leave a review on here. If I forget, I always write reviews on TripAdvisor. I’ve read good reviews for the wave too so I decided we might as well since we’ll be so close. I think there was some kind of beef that stuck out at me but now I can’t remember. We’ve had whispering canyon booked like three different times and ours plans always change so we haven’t eaten there yet

I may have done a thing and booked Wilderness Lodge for Thursday-Saturday this weekend so it's happening! It probably wasn't the best deal, but I looked earlier today and there were no rooms for Wilderness Lodge so I just jumped on it. I'm excited because we've never stayed there before. It's a courtyard view. Now I'm off to buy DAH tickets!
It just occurred to me that you now get FL resident rates for DCL. I am salivating. :faint:

It just occurred to me that you now get FL resident rates for DCL. I am salivating. :faint:
We’ve never done DCL because it looks so expensive. I wonder if the Florida rates are worth it. The Florida rates for hotels this summer aren’t great so we booked with our passholder discount

Just booked our first and probably only ADR for our October trip. Going to try out Yak and Yeti for the first time. Got some discounted gift cards and is probably a better use than T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe. Just tired of those two places.

Yum! Love Yak and Yeti. Try the Ahi Tuna Nachos if you like that sort of thing. Soooo good and a HUGE portion.

I can let you know tomorrow about HP after we complete the wait. We are so excited to try it out! I think my brother said it’s getting more manageable at 2-3 hours but they aren’t opening it until noon and they close the line around 8 pm to try and get everyone through before the park closes.
Opening at noon?? Thats weird.

Ugh, if only I bought the APs today instead. Lol

View attachment 411678
I'm still on the fence. They were discounted last night still. Guess I should check. Having MSR to meet causes me to spend money more easily.

ETA: Yep, still at the $865 rate...taunting me. What to do, what to do? What portal is that and can you confirm it posted for you?

EATA: It is only about a $114 per pass savings to buy from sams now as opposed to renewing later. BUT, it allows me to not have wasted months if I renew in Jan but don't travel until, say May....so that could be considered a savings too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter