• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I discovered yesterday that the Gaylord Opryland (marriott owned) with the new big indoor/outdoor waterpark is a Cat 5 hotel and 35k points. Just thought I'd share in case anyone wants a good way to use their certificates. The FAQ say you can book a transient rate and pay to upgrade to a sound waves package. The waterpark is only open to hotel guests and of those guests, only the ones who purchase the sound waves package (or upgrade to it). Seems like a nice overnight stay for something fun to do for me.
soundwavesgo.com

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bnago-gaylord-opryland-resort-and-convention-center/

If you had the choice to do the BRAND NEW csr tower in mid July for $155 a night or any number of deluxe resorts (even upgraded views) for under $200/night, which would you do?
I know I'm guaranteed a nice room at the new tower and it is neat to try new places, but I am a deluxe resort person (bus system, I'm looking at you).
I am squeezing a trip in last minute to see DD one more time on her DCP (moves home 8/1 😕 ) and there are REALLY good CM rates out. The deluxe resorts are at a super high discount % so are the better deal.
I'd go deluxe. I've noticed the CSR tower even at a good point cost on AA.

I need some new cards but not sure what is left for me and DH at this point...

Have about $13,000 in Tuition Payments coming up in August/September (and another $13,000 in January). Would love some new cards for SUB. School takes Visa/MC with no fees.

I am at 3/24 with next card falling off in December. I just opened CIP#3 on 6/6 so working on that MSR. Probably have about $2000 already spent and can Venmo DD if needed. Need to save a spot for October/November to get 2 SW cards and companion pass.

DH is at 4/24. Waiting until July and then will try for CIP #3 for him. (So that will be $5000 towards Tuition).

We both have Barclays and Cap 1. AMEX doesn't seem to like us but have not tried in a while. I have been getting AA Biz every 95 days and using to pay Mortgage. DH still has not been able to get an AA Biz card - will try again in Mid - July when 95 days is up since last trying. But if he is approved can use Mortgage.

So, I could spend another $7,000 or so on a card quite easily - but don't know where to go from here. What other Biz cards besides Chase/AMEX are worth getting and easy to get?

I smell a kid -free weekend!!!

Oh, oui, oui. 🤣 The Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay 1 night anniversary trip in October (Bonbon points) will be the first time grandma has both kids overnight. Then Ventana 2 nights in March. See - I'm working up to it, lol. Maybe then we can go to Bora Bora for a week. 😁

Just curious about these resort kinds of hotels--is your trip centered around the hotel, or are you doing other things?

Sorry to sound clueless but I have never planned a trip that hasn't been picking a destination first and then finding a hotel. Tagging @wanderlust7

Haven't worked it out yet, but think we'll spend most of our time at the resort. We're only 2 1/2 hours away, so it's really a very hotel focused weekend trip (especially at that sticker price!).

More about the Ventana. I recently learned from reading Frequent Miler that you can book suites with Hyatt by calling in. He recommended using Twitter to ask the Hyatt Concierge which suites are bookable. They tell me that Vista Hot Tub Suite, Big Sur Spa Suite, and Big Sur Forest Suite are the Premium Suites, bookable for 60k Hyatt points. The Vista Hot Tub Suite was surprising to me because that's the most expensive at about $3000/night (!!!). So now I'm torn. Do I YOLO and blow 120k URs for 2 nights??

Just booked our first and probably only ADR for our October trip. Going to try out Yak and Yeti for the first time. Got some discounted gift cards and is probably a better use than T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe. Just tired of those two places.
You don’t need an ADR at Yak and Yeti. Get the Landry’s select membership. It costs $25 but they give you $25 right off the bill. You can show up anytime and you are seated before ADRs. They also give you $25 for your bday (not stackable) but you could use that for a dessert at Rainforest or something. We did it in March. I also paid with some discounted gcs I got at Sams. Any brand works - Bubba gimp, rainforest etc

I need some new cards but not sure what is left for me and DH at this point...

Have about $13,000 in Tuition Payments coming up in August/September (and another $13,000 in January). Would love some new cards for SUB. School takes Visa/MC with no fees.

I am at 3/24 with next card falling off in December. I just opened CIP#3 on 6/6 so working on that MSR. Probably have about $2000 already spent and can Venmo DD if needed. Need to save a spot for October/November to get 2 SW cards and companion pass.

DH is at 4/24. Waiting until July and then will try for CIP #3 for him. (So that will be $5000 towards Tuition).

We both have Barclays and Cap 1. AMEX doesn't seem to like us but have not tried in a while. I have been getting AA Biz every 95 days and using to pay Mortgage. DH still has not been able to get an AA Biz card - will try again in Mid - July when 95 days is up since last trying. But if he is approved can use Mortgage.

So, I could spend another $7,000 or so on a card quite easily - but don't know where to go from here. What other Biz cards besides Chase/AMEX are worth getting and easy to get?
Hmmm do you have just the arrival +? Can you use JetBlue points or get the AA Biz by Barclay.? Some funky DPs lately but I got both JB and AA biz from Barclay.

SO tried flame tree on our last trip and he really liked it but I had an anxiety attack because of the birds lol idk if I can go back lol
They really are bad there and in several other places. I had a duck try to get in my lap at Epcot last trip. It just stood right by my side and I couldn't get it to go away. Then it starts trying to hop up. I was so freaked out. I love ducks but not in my lap!! Liberty Square snack area has been bad too when we've been.

Oh, oui, oui. 🤣 The Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay 1 night anniversary trip in October (Bonbon points) will be the first time grandma has both kids overnight. Then Ventana 2 nights in March. See - I'm working up to it, lol. Maybe then we can go to Bora Bora for a week. 😁

Haven't worked it out yet, but think we'll spend most of our time at the resort. We're only 2 1/2 hours away, so it's really a very hotel focused weekend trip (especially at that sticker price!).

More about the Ventana. I recently learned from reading Frequent Miler that you can book suites with Hyatt by calling in. He recommended using Twitter to ask the Hyatt Concierge which suites are bookable. They tell me that Vista Hot Tub Suite, Big Sur Spa Suite, and Big Sur Forest Suite are the Premium Suites, bookable for 60k Hyatt points. The Vista Hot Tub Suite was surprising to me because that's the most expensive at about $3000/night (!!!). So now I'm torn. Do I YOLO and blow 120k URs for 2 nights??
Nice we did our first big trip 2 years ago sans kiddos. They were really upset and cried and everything. We did 5 nights I think. Going to Cancun with 2 other couples for 4 nights in the fall- I think (hope/pray) they will be better this time! Lol!
Personally I’d stick with the 30k a night room. It sounds fabulous but that’s a lot of other points I could find a good use for.

They really are bad there and in several other places. I had a duck try to get in my lap at Epcot last trip. It just stood right by my side and I couldn't get it to go away. Then it starts trying to hop up. I was so freaked out. I love ducks but not in my lap!! Liberty Square snack area has been bad too when we've been.

Casey’s corner is also nuts. I haven’t had any other problems. They really scare me.

It's not my first Citi AA Biz. I used a public link, so there are mixed reports on if the bonus will post or not. Went for the 40k miles and $250 statement credit for AA purchase with the thinking that I'll test it out by seeing if the small gift card purchase credits.

First one for your DH, so no worries! :)
Ok, so no worries for now. But the next time around what is it that you check for to know if it is working?

Oh man, churning fail here! I am planning to PC P2's CSR, so I wanted to use the travel credit before I PC. AF hit on June 1, so I wanted to PC the card this week. So I went ahead and bought some SW GCs, then noticed the fine print that said I'd used my $300 travel credit for the year and it would reset after my statement closing date in June - which isn't until June 28th!!! So no reason to buy $300 worth of SW GCs this week... And I don't actually have any SW travel coming up soon, so those GCs will have to sit around for a while...

What is the cut-off for getting the AF refunded? Would I be able to use the travel credit after June 28th and still get the AF waived? Is it 30 days after it posts or 45? I know the rules are different for amex v. chase, but can't remember which one.

So annoyed at myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter