I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you’ll all understand. dH will be gone to Utah for training almost all of September. I thought about taking a long weekend to visit him (and check Utah off my 50 state list).

Flight for 1 to Salt Lake City $297 out of Chicago. 😳 flights for 4 from BMI to MCO $237.90.

I don’t think I can get DH on board with another trip for the kids and me without him to WDW. 😢

OK, it's my turn to ask for next card suggestions :wave:

P1 (me lol) 3/24
07/18 - CHASE Freedom​
09/18 - CHASE Sapphire Reserve​
12/18 - CHASE Southwest Priority​
02/19 - CHASE Southwest Business​
06/19 - CHASE Ink Preferred​
P2 2/24
07/18 - CHASE Sapphire Preferred​
10/18 - CHASE Hyatt​
05/19 - CHASE Ink Preferred​
(also ancient Discover and non-rewards Citi)​
A few details about P2's situation:
  • he is semi-reluctant
  • he does not want another business card at this point
  • a non-Chase card, especially AmEx, might be best because of the "different" factor
  • we have a very large airline spend in the next week or so; an airline multiplier could be good
  • he flies from PHL when he travels 2-3x/yr for work. He has gotten used to my CSR and enjoys a good lounge :laughing: PHL has nothing good for PP.
  • should we PC his CSP? I can get him to carry 2 cards, max. A CFU would be handy for his "wait, what card do I use?" moments, but a CF with 5x quarters makes more sense overall.
And then for me:
  • I have $1500 left on my CIP MSR so I'll be ready by September 1 for another Chase biz card.
  • I have a Citi AA biz mailer that expires 7/31 and an email biz offer that expires 8/5; this is the second email offer I've received
:thanks:
You have a nice group of cards.....
For you agree another CIP 9/1........

My DH will only carry 2 cards as well...and half the time mixes up which one to use...so now I usually just give him the one we are working on the MSR...and don’t worry about it...when we hit the MSR...I give him his CFU to use

I’m not familiar with Amex personal cards but I’m sure someone who is can offer what would be best for him

Hey @Andysol - I think you’ve been riding the train hard both on personal and biz (right?). Do you reduce CLs before canceling?

I haven’t been (I’m on the biz only train) and have had no issues getting 3x biz cards each with a $20k limit while closing them around the 60 day mark.
I lower my personals to $2k and I simply cancel the business ones prior to applying again.

The 24yo in my life has been sharing tales of online dating with me over the past year :scared1: She recently had good luck with Hinge and has had several dates with the same guy.

I've been trying sourdough this summer. I used the starter instructions from the King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion book, but the bread baking instructions were just too complicated for my life.

After auditioning several library books, I settled on this one
https://www.amazon.com/Artisan-Sourdough-Made-Simple-Handcrafted-ebook/dp/B06XFVB62P/ref=sr_1_1?crid=G0PFASIRC61D&keywords=artisan+sourdough+bread+made+simple&qid=1563889993&s=gateway&sprefix=artisan+sou,aps,120&sr=8-1

There are so many photographs that show exactly how to do everything! Each recipe has its own photograph (my pet peeve w cookbooks--not enough pictures). I've made 4 recipes so far (one of them I've done 5 times because it's so simple) and will try bagels this weekend.

Highly recommended!
I was following the sourdough directions on the KA website. It was doing good for a week and then I either overfeed or something as it stopped growing. To be honest I gave up after that. Maybe this winter when I don't have as much going on, I'll try again.
Definitely going to check out that book. Thanks.

Last edited:
Buy Swagbucks is back!
https://www.swagbucks.com/buy-sb

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/swagbucks-buy-swagbucks-for-facevalue-e-g-buy-20-worth-for-20/This time at face value (and only the 2,000 SB/$20 denomination), so not as good as last time.

Still could be an easy way to generate some spend or liquidate some (registered) VGC/MCGC cards...

Pssst....

Not as exciting as discounted Buy Swagbucks offers, but mine has buy 2000sb for $20... break even at least.

I mean, for MSR, why not?

ETA: Also, between referral bonus from DHs account and daily goal bonuses, I did one purchase on each account and am getting 4512sb.

:rotfl2:

I must have missed that you were for sure homeschooling DS9...good luck!!! I hope it goes well for both of you. My DS11 wants to go to school this year so I will just have my DS9 at home with me. Should be interesting...he's my strong willed child!

Yes, no bonus for the checking account, but yeah you could just do it for the points if you want.

Thank you!

I am excited and nervous! It will be just ds9 home with me as well. Ds11 is starting middle school and very excited for lockers. I’m secretly hoping he will be jealous of ds’s life after a few months and decide to stay home too.

Thanks for everyone's well-wishes for my MIL. Hopefully we will get to the bottom of this and get a certain diagnosis soon.

You could get a biz card right now. Some people are getting 3-4 Chase biz cards per year.
::yes::

I got two CIPs & a United Biz between Sep 2018 & June 2019. I might try for CIP #3 about a month after I close CIP #1. I'm a little nervous because I've been self-referring and I don't know if I'm going to get my hand slapped so I might use someone else's support link next time. Too bad P2 can't participate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter