I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1- Okay seems the consensus here is my CIP didn't mean anything and I'm sitting out until 11/19 when I go under 5/24. Oh well. It can make it my Holiday spend card.

2- Since CIP seems to be out of contention, it appears to be safe to go for the Hilton biz, right? Can I self-referred on that or is that a no-no now? I have the Surpass and Aspire. And if not, where is the link to the best offer.

3- I grabbed $1k in MCGC at Staples today. I went and loaded $200 onto serve at DG. I feel sketch doing multiple $200 loads, but it's out of my way, so I think I'm just gonna have to suck it up!

4- I tried the "cancel" trick on the Serve load at Walmart. I swiped and then hit cancel, it would cancel and I would have to swipe again. Never was prompted for Debit and there wasn't a debit button either. At one point the cashier even keyed in debit on her side and it still didn't go through as debit. So I guess I'm going to finish out the $800 I have at DG and wait for VGC only! Grrrr!
I get emails and flyers from chase all the time telling me I'm pre-qualified. I'm 6/24. A few months ago I made the mistake of applying for the Hyatt card not knowing about the 5/24 rule. It's a shame Chase keeps this a secret. Unless you hang out on Churner threads, read TPG, or doctor of credit how would you know this? I'm sure a lot of people get flyers in the mail, see the SUB, have great credit and have no idea they're going to be denied. Chase needs a pop-up like Amex before they do a hard pull.

I have the Aspire too. I'm not sure I would qualify for the bonus on the Business.

Trying to figure out our ongoing plan and would love some input. My dh is a very reluctant p2.

We’re looking at doing Disney aps this year. So lots of trips. We fly out of phl, so aa or southwest are good options. I currently have 82,000 rr points, 104,000 aa miles, 250k ur, 105,000 mr, and 170,000 bonbon points. Also I have a companion pass good until the end of 202.

Flights are already booked for August and December, hoping to fit in a trip in September which will be lots of points cause it’s a holiday weekend, and a spring break trip in March. I’ll need to transfer urs to book these.

Just got dh cip 2. Should arrive this week and I’m going to try this great southern bank funding thing I think.

I’m also able to get cip 3 now, and can get another citi aa biz on 8/5. My first cip was over 2 years ago and was now closed. Second was in March.

I cant decide between going for a companion pass for dh for 2020 or just getting a bunch more urs. Dh is 0/24, I’m 4/24. We’re both locked out of sapphire bonuses for another year.

Also considering some cash back cards to fund the hotels since points are looking rough these days. I’m going to keep earning aa miles on the off chance they appear, because with philly as an aa hub, I’ll eventually use them for something. Thinking bigger trips in 2021 once dd is 4 and hopefully an easier traveler. Also want to do Japan in 2022 for my 40th.

Sorry for the long ramble lol. Just feel like I’ve been collecting tons of points with no real goal in mind.
This sounds a lot like me right now. I have plans to mostly visit WDW while DD3 is, well, 3! We have 8 nights in October, possible cruise with 2 nights at WDW before and after in April, and a December trip for her 5th bday. I want to do a trip to Hawaii in Dec 2021 once she's turning 6 and feel she can travel much longer (coming from East Coast). I'm over 5/24, but DH is 3/24 and URs are the currency that I can use most right now. At the same time, I want to get DH the SW CP early 2020 as mine will be expiring. Plan is to get him CIP3 August, then do the two SW cards end of the year. I might also do MDD on the Sapphires for him at some point! I need to start thinking about how I'm going to get to Hawaii. I have hotels covered but I'm lost on flights. So, now I've rambled in response to your ramble, lol.
Didn't someone tell me they were able to charge their upgrade to AP costs to their room at Universal? I'm searching and searching but no luck.
Hmmm, would like to know this as well.
1- Okay seems the consensus here is my CIP didn't mean anything and I'm sitting out until 11/19 when I go under 5/24. Oh well. It can make it my Holiday spend card.

2- Since CIP seems to be out of contention, it appears to be safe to go for the Hilton biz, right? Can I self-referred on that or is that a no-no now? I have the Surpass and Aspire. And if not, where is the link to the best offer.

3- I grabbed $1k in MCGC at Staples today. I went and loaded $200 onto serve at DG. I feel sketch doing multiple $200 loads, but it's out of my way, so I think I'm just gonna have to suck it up!

4- I tried the "cancel" trick on the Serve load at Walmart. I swiped and then hit cancel, it would cancel and I would have to swipe again. Never was prompted for Debit and there wasn't a debit button either. At one point the cashier even keyed in debit on her side and it still didn't go through as debit. So I guess I'm going to finish out the $800 I have at DG and wait for VGC only! Grrrr!
I find two swipes is easier at FD than DG, but capable at both.
Are they good at all Landry’s? Because if so... OMG THAT NEVER CLICKED WITH ME!
Yep, they are all interchangeable.

Can those be used at Yak&Yeti and TRex?
Are they good at all Landry’s? Because if so... OMG THAT NEVER CLICKED WITH ME!
Yes they work at all Landry’s (well, double check if you have a specific location in mind because our local M&S has been listed as an exception for recent Amex offers and we had issues using points there recently as well)

Both? I'd start with the first and then move on to the 2nd. They probably shouldn't have been taking reservations if they didn't have a firm date. Hopefully they had a clause with the construction co for being late and they get extra money from them for the delay.

Or wait to see what the HI sends first since maybe they'll see you had 1 room for 4 and give you two rooms.
In that case, I would definitely be contacting them to let them know that the substitution is unacceptable since it will not fit your party.
Got my email from HI for a single king room :rotfl:Yeah, no. Not happening lol

I would be a great juror then since I never watch (or read) the news. Everyone who knows me and starts a conversation with "Hey, did you see on the news...wait, no, never mind, here's what's going on." 🤣

Being out of the loop is deliberate decision since my bp and anxiety escalate if I'm exposed to everything horrible happening; unsurprisingly from Jun-Nov I find I receive a lot of weather related texts from frantic relatives. :o

Wow! Same here. And for the same reason, too. We were on a cruise to Alaska and all those days without watching the news really helped me feel better, and then one day I walked into the cabin and my DM had the news on and I instantly felt all stressed and anxious. Haven't watched much news since that day. I used to watch it all the time.

OK, it's my turn to ask for next card suggestions :wave:

P1 (me lol) 3/24
07/18 - CHASE Freedom​
09/18 - CHASE Sapphire Reserve​
12/18 - CHASE Southwest Priority​
02/19 - CHASE Southwest Business​
06/19 - CHASE Ink Preferred​
P2 2/24
07/18 - CHASE Sapphire Preferred​
10/18 - CHASE Hyatt​
05/19 - CHASE Ink Preferred​
(also ancient Discover and non-rewards Citi)​
A few details about P2's situation:
  • he is semi-reluctant
  • he does not want another business card at this point
  • a non-Chase card, especially AmEx, might be best because of the "different" factor
  • we have a very large airline spend in the next week or so; an airline multiplier could be good
  • he flies from PHL when he travels 2-3x/yr for work. He has gotten used to my CSR and enjoys a good lounge :laughing: PHL has nothing good for PP.
  • should we PC his CSP? I can get him to carry 2 cards, max. A CFU would be handy for his "wait, what card do I use?" moments, but a CF with 5x quarters makes more sense overall.
And then for me:
  • I have $1500 left on my CIP MSR so I'll be ready by September 1 for another Chase biz card.
  • I have a Citi AA biz mailer that expires 7/31 and an email biz offer that expires 8/5; this is the second email offer I've received
:thanks:

I never feel like I know enough to suggest cards to people, but I do know that there is a nice Centurion lounge at PHL. DH and I, and especially my DD, have spent quite a bit of time in that one. But that requires a platinum card with the high AF. It is nicer than any of the PP lounges I have visited, though.

Thinking about going for the Bank of America bonus. I have never had an account there. I just remembered Dh recently added my name to his account in case of an emergency. So I’m guessing I can’t go for it?

Does anyone know how offer there are specials on transferring MR to Jet Blue? I am getting off tired of waiting around for Southwest to open flights for our January trip but I don’t want to use all my MRs for Jet Blue. If they were discounted a little I might.

Yes they work at all Landry’s (well, double check if you have a specific location in mind because our local M&S has been listed as an exception for recent Amex offers and we had issues using points there recently as well)
I want to use them at Disney. Thanks for the tip, I had no idea.

Does anyone know how offer there are specials on transferring MR to Jet Blue? I am getting off tired of waiting around for Southwest to open flights for our January trip but I don’t want to use all my MRs for Jet Blue. If they were discounted a little I might.
Waiting for this also. Last year I get a 30 percent bonus.

Lol ok, productivity has been low at work this morning. I played with FPs some more and moved things around. I switched my initial AK and HS/Epcot days. AK was showing no more FPs for EE, Safari, or FoP that Monday when we were originally supposed to go, but a lot of availability for Tuesday. So I rebooked everything, including FoP, for Tuesday instead. I figured the lack of availability for Monday was indicating a higher crowd day at AK that day, so hopefully it'll be a little better on Tuesday. Moved our ADRs around too. I actually like our Epcot ADRs better now. I plan to go to HS in the morning and then go through the IG entrance and we'll eat lunch at Teppan Edo. We then have afternoon FPs in Epcot. I'm thinking about not booking anything for dinner and instead just snacking our way through the plethora of F&W booths. The only bad thing about moving the AK day was not great availability for Yak and Yeti for dinner for ADRs. But I've read multiple posts that say to buy the Landry's card and that will get you in faster anyways. Anyone have experience doing that for a party larger than 4?

I've had the Landry's card for years. Yak & Yeti is the go to place when we have no ADR and are just putzing around with no actual plans. We've gone in to Yak & Yeti with no ADR and with a party of 6 and were sat within about 10 minutes. The check in area was full and there is no way we would have been gotten in without the card. You can add the app to your phone and just show them your membership by logging in. It's a no brainer of a card to get. You pay the membership fee of $25 and receive a $25 credit 24 hours later and every year you get a $25 credit on your birthday.

1- yes to be safe wait until 12/1 on the CIP...if you go under 5/24 in November

2 You are fine to try for the Hilton business now

3 & 4....I will leave for others since I don’t use Serve

This is probably known, but a DP for the Hilton Biz free weekend night after $15k spend - it posts immediately, and not in 6-8 weeks like other Amex free nights. The final transactions posted to the tracker last night, and I got an email from Hilton with my certificate during the night. Already called and booked it, combining it with the Aspire sign-up free night for a weekend in December in New York City at the Millennium Times Square. Ordinarily $600/night for that weekend - that'll do nicely.

Looks like a public link for the BoA $300 checking bonus is out.

$300 after 4k of DDs in 90 days. I believe Serve worked earlier this year, for all the folks with shiney new Serve cards. (but we'd have to research again to be sure)

Thank you for this! Looks like the only restriction is you can't have had a BoA checking account in the last 6 months. I did a bonus with them last year and closed the account in July 2018, so it's been a year. I applied and was immediately approved.

BoA bonuses are very reliable as long as you apply with the promo code (make sure it's there in the application!). The only downside is how little codes as a DD, but luckily it's easy for me to change my DD at work.

Plus, I need a new Amtrak card, and it's way easier to do when you have a BoA account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter